Thread: ETW Auto-resolve findings

Default ETW Auto-resolve findings

I found that under patch.pack /db/campaign_variables_tables/campaign_variables
    autoresolve_advantage_over_enemy_wipeout_threshold 0.8 original,
    when i change to 0.6, i still lose vs AI with equal forces, but the scale is more even,
    and if i have 3 times as many troops, - i wipe out enemy even on the field.

I have also become convinced that the lr (long range) suffix on sloops, 5th rates and some other, has to go on auto-resolve,
    or the result becomes unbearable, where my heavy ship of the line rout in horror from sloops,
    located under patch2.pack/db/unit_stats_naval_tables_naval/unit_stats_naval.
    I also made gunnery better on a falling scale that favor heavier ships, for more expected results,
    with the rationale beside gameplay being that a heavy ship roll less and as such is more accurate especially at range.
    There can be no doubt that a 30-50-fold multiplier factor on the amount of research it takes to finally build a 1st rate,
    should be directly translated into a 30-50 times superiority over a sloop or 6th rate.

Lastly i found that dragoons rulez in autoresolve, they are better than line infantry, and light dragoons are better still.
    Or at least the Swedish dragoons are, being larger than normal dragoon units
    Last edited by poa; April 22, 2014 at 02:49 AM.

Default Re: ETW Auto-resolve findings

I found that with vanilla ships, Heavy 1st rates is a bad investment on auto-resolve,
    they cost more to buy, cost more in upkeep, but are less effective in battle vs Admiral 1st rates.

3 heavy 1st rates would lose VS two 4th rates, a 6th rate, and a brig,
    but 3 admiral 1st rates won that match
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

The unbearable naval auto-resolve project

I could get expected results with regards to bigger ships vs smaller, by editing gunnery that favor bigger ships,
    but i have yet to conquer any fair result with equal ships.
    ...So i'm hoping for help in testing and suggestions because i'm running out of ideas,
    I believe the source to the unjust nature is to be found in patch.pack under campaign_variables_tables\campaign_variables
    from line 17 to line 36.
    Help ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ETW autoresolve 1.1.jpg  

Ok, the simple answer to naval auto-resolve is that, it relate to campaign difficulty,
    anything above normal campaign setting and i need overwhelmingly superior naval forces.
    This mod will help for as long as you have the sense to build larger ships
    than those of enemy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by poa; May 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM.

My first home made ETW mod for more fair (land) auto resolve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by poa; May 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    I found that under patch.pack /db/campaign_variables_tables/campaign_variables
    autoresolve_advantage_over_enemy_wipeout_threshold 0.8 original,
    when i change to 0.6, i still lose vs AI with equal forces, but the scale is more even,
    and if i have 3 times as many troops, - i wipe out enemy even on the field.

I have also become convinced that the lr (long range) suffix on sloops, 5th rates and some other, has to go on auto-resolve,
    or the result becomes unbearable, where my heavy ship of the line rout in horror from sloops,
    located under patch2.pack/db/unit_stats_naval_tables_naval/unit_stats_naval.
    I also made gunnery better on a falling scale that favor heavier ships, for more expected results,
    with the rationale beside gameplay being that a heavy ship roll less and as such is more accurate especially at range.
    There can be no doubt that a 30-50-fold multiplier factor on the amount of research it takes to finally build a 1st rate,
    should be directly translated into a 30-50 times superiority over a sloop or 6th rate.

Lastly i found that dragoons rulez in autoresolve, they are better than line infantry, and light dragoons are better still.
    Or at least the Swedish dragoons are, being larger than normal dragoon units

How did you open the file 'patch.pack' to edit the parameters? I wanna edit the parameters to make the auto resolve more fair and realistic.

I have downloaded the 2 pack files. Where should I copy these 2 pack files to which folder in order for the auto resolve to work better?

you paste them under Empire Total War\data , where you will among other things see a lot of pack files.
    you must also have a script that tell the program to load the mods,
    the script should be located under C:\Documents and Settings\UserXP\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    and you can download this script and just change the names in it for your mods to work,
    the user empire script should be next to preferences empire script, so both scripts will be there
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...8&d=1400957198
    Last edited by poa; May 29, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

The Auto Resolve in India is beyond ridiculous also considering most troops tend to be melee and get blown to pieces in battle by artillery before they even get close to your line in reality, yet in auto resolve they seem to be deadly effective on number alone. Darthmod has improved this issue slightly but still a problem.

In my experience, even with modded autoresolve, indian & barbary units etc (i.e non-european) count poorly in AR,
    so i tend to fight manually quite often when i play those.
    I also think rifle-equipped units are easier foes to my arty when i fight manually, since they stop at a convenient range to get blown apart,
    -unlike melee that rush into my units and will cause friendly fire if a gun them when they are mixed up with my units.
    The best result when i fight manually is when i have a very unbalanced army with half of the army consisting of arty
    Last edited by poa; June 11, 2014 at 05:48 PM.