Thread: Possible map?

Icon5 Possible map?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is this how the map will look like?
    I know there are some border inaccuracies, but it's quite good, for me at least

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Possible map?

You are more or less right, but after battle beta we will be releasing version of a map limited to the eastern medi. Still long way before full release.

And remember that we have 2 Roman factions. Their holdings in Asia Minor differ a bit.
    Last edited by Miszel; May 10, 2014 at 05:06 AM.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

How do you guys plan to have the emergent factions appear? I assume Aragon will appear in Italy, but will France appear as a horde or as a new nation?

Yes. France will be emergent.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Alright, thank you for the answer!

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

What makes me sick is how every single game gives the entirety of modern day Dalmatia(at the time Dalmatia only refered to the coastal cities and islands, the inland was considered Croatia) to Venice as a gift when in truth they did not even own all the islands and nearly half of the coastal cities well into the beginning of the 15th century, let alone a single square meter of the inland until the second Morean war in the 18th f$*##$ century.

Even making Ragusa as their main city when in fact not a single Venetian soldier step foot in Dubrovnik from 1358 all the way til Napoleon strolled in.

Well, 20th century Italian propaganda seems to have payed off i guess.
    Last edited by +Marius+; June 20, 2014 at 06:27 PM.

Most of the games are not centered around balkans and the scale of maps is big. This forces some simplifications

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

In Tsardoms Ragusa (Respublica Ragusina) is an indipendent and playable faction...

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Venice will hold Split and its region. Unfortunately we cannot break Dalmatia into that manny small regions to properly represent borders. Zadar that is nothern Dalmatia will be rebbel settlement and Ragusa with Ston is a faction on its own. So its fairly accurate representation. We simply cannot make smaller regions, we only have 199 regions available for our entire map.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Venice will hold Split and its region. Unfortunately we cannot break Dalmatia into that manny small regions to properly represent borders. Zadar that is nothern Dalmatia will be rebbel settlement and Ragusa with Ston is a faction on its own. So its fairly accurate representation. We simply cannot make smaller regions, we only have 199 regions available for our entire map.

I was referring to the OPs proposed map, Tsardoms itself did more for the Balkans than all other strategy games and their user modifications combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    In Tsardoms Ragusa (Respublica Ragusina) is an indipendent and playable faction...

Yes...but still named Ragusa instead of Dubrovnik.

"Respublica Ragusina" - Props for using the Latin version of the name instead of Italian though

Latin was official language of the Republic along its own Dalmatian language. Since aristocracy originated from Latin pre-slavic population, it tried to keep itself and usage of its Dalamatian language. That population of Ragusa was mostly Croatian is ofcourse certain. I mean, at one point Ragusa forbid its nobility to use Croatian in official buissines of state. Writers in 15. and 16. write in Latin, Croatian and Italian.

Here is a quick map I did. I didnt do much info for Italy since I dont know what we decided for those regions. As you can see, situation with borders is very comples, especialy in Aegean area.

That is indeed a proper map.

Just some slight corrections;

1) The inland property of Venice is exaggerated for this timeframe, also the coastal areas around modern day Trieste should be switched to the neighbouring regions owned by "Austria";

2) The region of Donji Kraji should be a rebel region instead of a region within Bosnia since king Stjepan II "conquered" it in 1351, after a slow, decades long expansion into Zavrsje, Usora, Soli and Hum...thus slightly after the game start date.
    In fact the conquest of Donji Kraji is not actually mentioned during his reign but a mere 8 months after his death in 1354 during the early days of the reign of Tvrtko I...which then undermines the probability of the conquest in the first place.

3) The territory of Croatia proper has been slightly chopped off along the border with Bosnia making Croatia to thin, it should "thicken" a bit making it a bit larger as it historically was during the period;

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r...red/1300AD.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s%C3%A1gai.JPG
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ubi%C4%87a.jpg

4) The southern conquests of Serbia are also slightly off the charts; the main conquest started in 1346 and ended in 1348 with the conquest of Solun/Thessalonica which was then lost again 1350 along with some other coastal areas...thus also a bit after the game start.

All in all;
    Last edited by +Marius+; June 22, 2014 at 04:05 PM.

Let me quote myself
    I didnt do much info for Italy since I dont know what we decided for those regions
    This is not official version. This is just a quick version from me, on how map will look like. Maybe. We may add Atlantis tomorow. I mean who knows xD

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Hiya Hrobatos,

What does the little black "rebel" area between Hungary and Bosnia represent?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I don't think it represents anything. Hrobatos just made an estimative map off the top of his head. That black area is likely part of Hungary.

I think its some lord who was very independent

could you make venetia ona an iland of its own like in vanila but witouth a bridge so u can not atack it without ships,taht would make venetia extra,and it is historical!