Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Citizen Community TWRII Pontus AAR

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: Citizen Community TWRII Pontus AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    I think we are in agreement dictator, but i would stress the movement of the founders favorites toward the galatian border, the security of the countryfolk will be very important. but what should the army do turn 3 in your order(troops are finished recording), and what is your bidding for buildings?
    Turn 3 is the last research stage for the mercenaries. I guess the army could start moving then, so we'd only need 4 turns.

so this would be the new order,

Turn 1
    -Order the Spy to Ancrya
    -We must recruit x4 spearmen and x2 slinger (2 turns) in our Founder's Favorites army led by the foul-mouthed Praxiteles who will gain honor and glory in turns to come
    -research Mercenaries (3 turns) a +5 of morale will help us in battle and with the new training field building it will advance our reform
    -trade with Armenia and if possible ally with them.
    -Move ships north and west in search for other factions

Turn 2
    -if any factions are found try and commence a non aggression pact along with a trade pact
    -Increase tax level by 1 increment

Turn 3
    -Find out the garrison info from the spy
    -we then advance the army of Founder's Favorites to Ancrya the capital of Galatia,
    Turn 4
    -research Mercenaries
    -Recruit mercenaries (AOR) x3
    -Siege and triumph

Do you think this Galatians will be waiting there? maybe they send two armies gathered towards us. One of our armies alone would be in real danger. Our generals and the enemy's one can handle up to forty units. I think we should put on the battle field all the power we can. Send the spy, spot the enemy forces and their movements, and then decide if one army is enough or we wait until two are ready.

If needed recruit a second agent with spying purposes, it does not need to be a spy.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 22, 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

BTW Dictator, each week I only do 2 turns, however since I have not even mentioned it, you are still PERMITTED to make plans more than two turns in advance. I just find it interesting that you are taking the long term approach.

Also, I want to see if I got this right. You want us to make non-aggression pacts with all factions right, except Galatia?

EDIT: BTW everyone, for those of you who have played Rome II, you are aware of the political actions that can be made in the game, such as assassinating characters or spreading rumors about them. Well, I will permit that to happen. If you wish to do so feel free to do so, but there is a specific way to do it. So as to keep things secret (start some political intrigue), if you wish to, say, assassinate an Other Families character, perhaps because he is a pebble that must be removed from your path, then you would do so my messaging me on Steam. Then, when I continue the campaign on the weekend, I will follow your request. So long as Pontus has enough funds, your request will be followed. Also, since I expect there might be more than one request a week, I will do requests in the order I receive them. So if in one week I get two requests, but we only have enough funds to do one of them, then I will do the first request I received. Here is the CA Politics guide that includes the political actions that can be taken and info on them http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...Politics_Guide

The same will go for agent actions. These can be done through this thread (so as part of a formal bill) or by request through steam messaging. Of course, the agent actions cannot be performed against Pontus itself, but you could potentially instigate a war between Pontus and a neutral faction. I will provide give details on the agent actions that can be performed for those of you who have not played Rome II.

Two more things. Like I said about the agent actions. If you do it through a request on steam, I will not reveal who did the agent action, although if the agent is in a different spot than it was ordered to be by the citizens, your colleagues will know something is up. To get around that you can do two things: first is give me explicit directions on how to do your request, like "Perform my request first, then move on to do the citizens' orders." Of course, I will only do so if we have #1 the funds and #2 the movement points to do so.

The second option, is to secretly recruit your own agent. Again, this would be done by a request through steam messaging. If you do so, no one, but you and I, will know of this secret agent. Any intelligence (map, city military, etc. info) that your agent discovers will be sent to you through TWC PMs, and if you wish you can pass that on to other citizens for some political collusion. You will still give agent requests through steam messaging, and I will only perform them in the same fashion as all requests. So if you give me a request on Friday, and there are several requests that were made before you, yours will probably not get done (unless it does not cost anything). I will do my best to conceal all evidence of the existence of your agent, although I will not change the numbers on the public finances and budgets. Be warned, if the existence of your agent is made public in this thread then you will lose absolute control over him. And if that happens, your fellow citizens may decide to hinder your ability to make decisions.

Lastly any requests that are made that cannot be performed, will not hold over to the next week. If yours does not get done (I will tell you whether or not they did get done), and you still want me to do it, you will have to tell me again after I post the results of the week's two turns.

What is the reasoning behind this? Eh, corruption and to make things interesting.
    FYI, my steam name is Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; April 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

Just so you know guys, one or more of these proposals will need at least 2 votes to be enacted. I will proceed to do the two turns, regardless of whether firm decisions are made, tomorrow at 14:30 EST, so 28 hours from now.

Later todayTomorrow, I will edit the third post in this thread (my post), which will contain information about our current generals, their armies, agents, and potential agents and generals that we can recruit.
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; April 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    Turn 3 is the last research stage for the mercenaries. I guess the army could start moving then, so we'd only need 4 turns.

so this would be the new order,

Turn 1
    -Order the Spy to Ancrya
    -We must recruit x4 spearmen and x2 slinger (2 turns) in our Founder's Favorites army led by the foul-mouthed Praxiteles who will gain honor and glory in turns to come
    -research Mercenaries (3 turns) a +5 of morale will help us in battle and with the new training field building it will advance our reform
    -trade with Armenia and if possible ally with them.
    -Move ships north and west in search for other factions

Turn 2
    -if any factions are found try and commence a non aggression pact along with a trade pact
    -Increase tax level by 1 increment

Turn 3
    -we then advance the army of Founder's Favorites to Ancrya the capital of Galatia,
    Turn 4
    -research Mercenaries
    -Siege and triumph
    I agree witht these two turns and vote for tem, amended by my two buildings in the cities

So, how are things going with this? I recently updated my Rome 2 and I am trying to get back into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    So, how are things going with this? I recently updated my Rome 2 and I am trying to get back into the game.
    I accidentally did the two turns late , so I will post again with a more definitive post later today.

Greetings fellow citizens. Reports are now funneling in, and will be organized and presented in greater detail. However, the advisors thought it prudent to inform you all of the bigger things that have transpired over the last half year. The goods news thus far is that we have made a trade pact and military alliance with our neighbor Trapezos, the barracks was completed and the mercenaries reform was passed. As such, we can now recruit hoplites, hillmen, levy pikemen and javelineers. The bad news is that Galatia has conquered the Cappadocian city of Mazaca. This will surely boost their economy. Worse, our economy has plummeted by 1%. Economic advisors believe this was a result of the tax increase and that Amaseia is still damaged from the acts of sabotage last year.
    The generals have also sent in their report on their recommendations. They believe that to win this war, we must first attack Mazaca instead of Ancrya. Doing so will prevent them from attacking our weakly defended capital and we will get access to the famed Cappadocian wines. Based on Dioscura's reports, Ancrya is heavily defended by not only the city garrison but a sizable Galatian army equipped with spearmen, cavalry and slingers, ~1,300 men. Praxiteles is certain that he could defeat the Galatian army with his current force of ~2,000, however he is not positive that he can seize Ancrya with his current forces (which are mostly light spearmen and slingers). He, and the other generals, believe that recruiting hillmen (for combat against enemy spearmen), hoplites (against enemy cavalry) and pikemen would greatly benefit our current military forces.

I still think we should be cautious, and allow for cappadocia to attack Galatia, and rather divide the galatian lands by going for the center.

Detailed turn report:

As far as diplomacy is concerned, our interests have greatly advanced. We made numerous agreements. The biggest improvement was a military alliance and trade agreement with Trapezos. I will be honest, the alliance was proposed by Trapezos and since no citizen could be contacted at the time, the King decided to agree. We made numerous attempts to establish non-aggression pacts and trade agreements, but we were only able to get non-aggression pacts with Catiaroi, the Seleucid Empire, and Athens. If we hope to get better agreements we will need to offer something more in return.

Our economy is doing poorly right now. The GDP decreased by 1% over the past half year. We believe it is due to the tax hike and the damaged city of Amaseia. It seems that the damage the city has sustained thus far might have worsened, for a spy was trying to commit arson. Our garrison found out the spy's location and wounded him, but he escaped before his death could be confirmed.
    Economy Details
    Currently, our slave population is in decline. Since the last report, the slave population has dropped from 6.8% to 6.1%, which has decreased their economic effect by .40%. Now this may not necessarily be a bad thing, it all depends on whether we want Pontus to rely on slave economic output. Looking at our two cities individually, Sinope's wealth has remained relatively unchanged, however Amaseia's wealth from livestock has decreased by about 26%, likely as a result of the devastation.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Our spy reports that there were two Galatian armies. The smaller one is believed to have attacked Mazaca, and it is likely they took heavy casualties. The larger one remained at Ancrya. The army that took Mazaca reportedly had 443 men. The army at Ancrya has 1,280. The Ancrya army has levy freemen, who are levy spearmen that are effective defenders against both infantry and cavalry. Noble horsemen, which are equivalent to our Royal Pontic cavalry. They also have mercenary Gallic warriors that are good at dealing damage and putting up resistance, this helps considering their great morale. They also have light horsemen and slingers.

With the Mercenary Reform fully implemented, we can now move on to other reforms. Check the the third post on the first page for the list of reforms we can initiate.
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; April 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

I think we need to reinforce our armies now. Galatians have spread their forces, for sure they have a good army in Mazaca maybe weakened by the recent fight, but still we lack of a vison of their situation and composition of their armies. As the enemy forces are divided and defending from two enemies, a new oportunity is open if we hit with strength. I would now recruit a good maybe not full army and send it to Ancyra. I like pikemen aided by hoplites but in walls assault the are not so valuable as in openfield. So we can focus more in hoplites and then in some pikemen. In three turns we can recruit nine units of hoplites and then on turn more if needed we can recruit some pikemen to be placed in the sides to prevent cavalry flank atacks if we find our army being attacked in the open. The first army should atack from Sinope while the second starts its reinforcement and acts as homeland defensor.

As the unit upkeep cost of the hoplites is high, the second army should recruit more pikemen and maybe one hoplite unit, so once Ancyra falls, we can merge the two armes where the valleys cross so we make a more balance composition of them. At this moment the two armies would have five hoplite units, four slingers units, six pikemen, at least with some other units each. This would not be a to heavy load for the economy. Then if he oportunity comes we can try to get Mazaca. Once peace is reached, we can focus on the economy, if the money is not enough to do so at the war time.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 29, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

Remember everyone, these two orders are still in place unless they are amended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    Turn 3
    Turn 4
    -Siege and triumph

I think Founder's Favourites are a decent defensive force, nothing to send to the conquer of the world. We need serious combat units to assault city walls and keep a fight in next turns if needed. It is not far from us to get that position of strength.

I won't be able to do the turn this weekend because of finals.

I agree with the dictators orders, attack ancyra.

So:
    T3
    - Move founders favorites to ancyra, and recruit mercenaries aplenty. Attack and triumph.
    - Pass reform land management.
    - Raise army in capital, reruit 3 slingers.
    - Build cattle pens if possible. or the building before that.
    T4:
    - founders favorites stays and recruit 1 unit of slingers if possible.
    - Army in capital recruits 3 hoplites.
    Last edited by Makrell; May 06, 2014 at 01:59 AM.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I'm in favor for that,

​My apologies Citizen Makrell, but we have not build any new buildings other than the barracks. None are even under construction as of this moment.

I regret to inform you all of very bad news. Over the course of two battles, the Galatian army destroyed the Founder's Favorites, and despite his heroic efforts to turn both battles around, Praxiteles fell in combat. He has since been replaced by Philotheos, who has vowed to restore the Founder's Favorites glory. He has begun doing this by recruiting 480 hillmen mercenaries. A new army was also raised as per the Makrell Bill. The army is headed by Dionysodoros (Bethencourt). Also, the land management reforms have successfully been implemented, which will allow us to focus on other reforms. Furthermore, as per an earlier bill, we have made non-aggression pacts with Sparta, Tylis, and Pergamon. As a result of Dionysodoros's excellent counseling, we have made trade agreements with Athens and the Seleucids while also declining to enter the Colchis-Trapezos war on the side of Trapezos. We have also built a farm at Sinope, and if we all still want it, Cattle Pens will be built there. However, economically, we are still continuing to decline. Since last we met, our economy has declined by 19.4%

A more detailed report will be written up later.
    O(out) O(f) C(haracter): I am going to be sending my computer in, so I will not be able to do the turns for a couple or more weeks.

As I said, we have had a terrible half a year. As a result of the two battles that we lost, the Founder's Favorites has lost about 1,500 men and Praxiteles. The influence of Hellenic culture has declined from 82% to 80% (although the decline is slowing), the influence of the east has increased from 11% to 14% (the rate of increase is slowing), and the influence of the barbaric Galatians has declined from 6% to 5%. Public order is on the increase, especially since the slave population is declining. The wealth of our two cities has been increasing. Sinope wealth has increased by 22% (Local Commerce +1%, Agriculture +5400%, Maritime Commerce +3%, Industry +2%). Amaseia's wealth has increased by +70% (Subsistence +103%, Livestock +30%). With the addition of Athens and the Seleucid Empire as trading partners, our trade has increased by 121%, additionally our current trade with Bithynia and Trapezos has increased by 1%. Yet, our income has decreased by 19%, mostly as a result of our spending increases on the military. Also, we have fully implemented the land management reforms, thus we can now work on other reforms.
    Economic and Cultural Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    Current Characters

Spy: Dioscuros
    Mithridates Traits: Prudence (-5% chance for hostile actions and +1 cunning), Procrastinator (+3% construction costs)
    Dionysodoros's Traits: Traditional Wife (+1 cultural conversion in local province and +1 gravitas per turn), Impartiality (-1% corruption, -20% public order penalties due to local presence of foreign culture in local province)

Philotheos's Traits: Temperance (+1 Zeal, -5% morale to enemy units)

Prokopios's traits:Willfullness (+2 to cultural influence and +1 siege hold out time)

Current Recruitable Generals:

Chrysippos's Traits: Persecutor (+4 public order in local province and %5 tax rate under tax harvesting edict), Luck (+5% chance of evading enemy agents and ambushes)

Aeaces's Traits: Uncanny Wife (+1 line of sight), Joy (-10% city center building construction costs and +2 public order)

Current Recruitable Agents

Tlepolemus's Traits: +5 line of sight, Military Intelligence (-3% chance of enemy agent actions), +5% to chance of discovering hidden agents and armies

Aleuas's Traits: Manipulation>Tempt (+4% chance of successful manipulation), Assassination>Solicit Traitor (+4% chance of successful assassination), +1 public order

Aniketos's Traits: +3% wealth from agriculture, +1 growth, +1 food during Commercial Stimulation edict

Current Recruitable Units

General Units

Current Diplomacy

Armenia: We cannot trade with them. They approve of our treaties with Cappadocia, Selucids and Trapezos; although they do not approve of our past war with Cappadocia nor us committing military actions against them. Furthermore, they do not like our culture. From what we know, they are at war with a faction called Ardhan. Overall, Armenia is on unfriendly terms with us. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/gfOUP2

Athens: They like our culture and are on friendly terms with us, however they condemn our treaties with Tylis and Pergamon. They are currently importing olive, marble and iron. We are now trading with them. Athens is no longer a client state of Macedon, they have decided to go alone and have thus declared war on Macedon. Overall, they are very friendly towards us. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/m2iB7E

Bithynia: They are our defensive ally. They approve of our treaty with them, our trespasses in Galatian territory, our war with Galatia and our culture. They do not like our treaty with the Seleucids nor Tylis. They are at war with Tylis. They are currently trading with us and are very friendly towards us. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/OzIbxV

Cappadocia: As a result of the Bethencourt Bill, we are at peace with Cappadocia. They like our culture, the arranged peace treaty, the non-aggression pact with Seleucid, our trespasses against Galatia, and our war with Galatia. They condemn our past war and military actions against them. Overall, they are indifferent towards us. We can trade with them, if we do start trading with them, the trade value will be worth 86. We would be importing iron and wine from them. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/0RyRwx

Cimmeria: Although they like our culture, they do not approve of our trespasses and past espionage against them. They are unfriendly towards us. We can certainly trade with them though, and they have wine resources. If we do trade with them, value of trade would be worth 80. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/yVcJBA

Catiaroi: We have recently discovered them. As ordered by the Might of Pontus Proposal, we have signed a non-aggression pact with them, but failed to win a trade agreement, which would be worth 76. They do not like our culture, but overall they are indifferent towards us. Catiaroi is currently at war with a tribe called Bastarnae. We know nothing of their war. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/cYfalH

Colchis: Because of our military actions, trespasses, our culture and past gifts to Trapezos, Colchis is hostile towards us, but their trade route is open. Trade with them would be worth 77. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/vz2oCH

Galatia: We are at war with them. We have no idea as to what their military capabilities are, we can only assume at this point. We know that their capital, Ancrya, is fortified, and thus would prove rather difficult to seize, yet it would provide a boon for our great kingdom. Furthermore, they have recently taken Mazaca from Cappadocia gaining an advantage over us. Despite the war, they approve of our past war and military actions against Cappadocia, but they do not like us for our culture, our treaties with Bithnyia and Cappadocia, and our trespasses and war with them. They are hostile towards us. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/ugSE4T

Pergamon: As ordered by the Might of Pontus Bill, we established a non-aggression pact with them. They like our culture and look favorably upon our treaties with Bithynia, yet they condemn our treaties with Athens, Seleucids and Tylis. Overall, they are friendly towards us. They are at war with Tylis. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/1CmGFE

Royal Scythia: We have recently discovered them. They do not like our culture, our non-aggression pact with Catiaroi and our agents and trespassing actions against Cimmeria. They are indifferent towards us. They are at war with an unknown tribe called the Siraces. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/2w395j

Sardes: They approve of our culture, our war with Galatia, our treaties with the Seleucids and our trespasses against Galatia. They condemn our treaties with Bithynia and Pergamon. Overall they are friendly towards us. They are currently a satrapy of the Seleucids. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/KW0FyT

Seleucid Empire: They like our culture, and approve of our non-aggression pact with them and our peace treaty with Cappadocia. Yet they do not like our treaty with Bithynia, or our past war and military actions against Cappadocia, or our treaty with Pergamon. Overall they are friendly towards us. We are trading with them. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/zJy6py

Sparta: They like our culture, our treaties with them and with Athens. They are friendly towards us. We know that they are at war with two unknown factions: Macedon and Epirus.

Tylis: They like our culture and like that we made a non-aggression pact with them. They do not like our treaties with Bithynia, Pergamon, or Athens, they also do not like our war with Galatia. They have a neutral view towards us. They are currently at war with Pergamon, Bithynia, and Macedon. We can trade with them which would be worth 77.

Trapezos: They like our gifts, military and trade treaties with them, our military actions and trespasses against Colchis and our culture. They are very friendly towards us. We are currently exporting timber to Trapezos. Our current knowledge of their position: http://goo.gl/xopbCF

Overall Map: http://goo.gl/CUhEBj
    Map of the Regional War against Galatia (Galatia against a the non-alliance of Pontus, Seleucid Empire, Cappadocia): http://goo.gl/hxPyog
    Map of the Colchis-Trapezos War: http://goo.gl/ci8z1a
    Map of the Tylis War (non-allied forces of Macedon, Bithynia, Pergamon): http://goo.gl/4EHhN3

Current Armies

Founder's Favorites

Mountain Heroes

List of Reforms that can be passed:

OOC: Next time, I will do one turn, write up a report of it, then do the second turn. The first would be on a Friday, the second either Saturday or Sunday. That should make things easier in the long run.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123