Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.6 Beta Released On 06/06/2015

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.5 Beta Released On 10/02/2015

.cas as in Strat cas or IWTE-covered cas(es) like projectiles?

Very excited to know the new properties you discovered about cas files.

I'm thinking about writing something up about descr_skeleton and made-from-scratch skeletons/animation sets and this tool seems like a nice place to start.
    Last edited by BM309K58SMERCH; February 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Is there a way to unpack and repack the animations with this tool and without using the skeleton.dat file?

I'm trying to use the FabiusBile animations for SSHIP but once the pack.dat, pack.idx, skeleton.dat and skeleton.idx files are deleted, they don't rebuild and the game crashes. There's none of these files given in the FabiusBile animations pack.
    I was wondering if this tool could help me to solve my problem. Many thanks in advance.

Edit: Forget about this post. I found out here. Many thanks Sandy
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 03, 2015 at 05:46 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

May be a silly question but is the Framework update (to get the v4.5.2) compatible with the v0.5B of this tool? Many thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

When you install a new framework, the old ones are kept installed on your system for compatibility reasons. Don't worry.

Blog Entries

Many thanks for your quick answer Zarathos

Blog Entries

@ Zarathos, have you noticed that when unpacking the animations, in the pack.list, some entries are "double" like below:

Code:
    mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/animations/Hr_spear/Hr_spear_horse_req/Hr_spear_fs_horse_stand_a_idle.cas|mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/animations/Hr_spear/Hr_spear_horse_req/Hr_spear_fs_horse_stand_a_idle.cas1|1
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 20, 2015 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.3 Beta Released On 30/04/2014

Love your tool heh heh, makes life much easier but I'm curious how does the tool know which skeleton to apply to a ms3d model? P.S. if I have a wish list for the future a viewer would be nice, especially one that could apply textures, would save a lot of time entering the model into the game to view it.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

@Lifthrasir: yes, it's to avoid overwriting duplicate entries while unpacking.
    @haasman: viewer is hard and long to make, I don't think I'll ever make one. For that concerns skeletons... YOU have to know which one to take

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Default Re: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.6 Beta Released On 06/06/2015

The new version is out!

Since I changed the way that MS3D comments are handled from 0.5, complete your current models' conversion using 0.5 before switching to 0.6 (basically, if you are working on a MS3D model converted from MESH with 0.5 you should use 0.5 to convert it back to MESH otherwise you will get errors).

Also, read carefully the TERMS & CONDITIONS block in the op before downloading the tool.

Blog Entries

Good job

Just one question: when you have time, can you give more details on how your toll is correcting the bounding sphere? I think I've missed something on that particular point
    Many thanks in advance.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

All is written in the OP -> Technical Details -> About Bounding Spheres

Blog Entries

Yes I've seen it. What I don't understand is how your tool concretely works. But I guess that I have to try the new version to find out

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

You select a folder containing a certain amount of models and it fixes the BS of all of them recursively (includes subfolders). If they already have fixed BS nothing is changed and it skips to the next one.

Blog Entries

Does it means that the units in that folder needs to be the same type?
    For instance, if I have a folder with pikemen and swordmen. Does it work or should I separate these 2 kind of units, making one specific folder for each?

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Nah, the algorithm is the same for every mesh model. Just be careful with mounts, this is the only thing you should rework on a separate folder because they are handler in a different way.

Blog Entries

Ok, many thanks for the explanation.

Blog Entries

Zarathos, have you planned to add a function like animerge in GOAT in a futur release of your tool?
    I'm just asking because I'm trying to implement some animations for my submod and that would be great to be able to use your tool for that.

Blog Entries

It seems that your tool is not compatible with LithUnwrap, the UV mapper. When I convert a mesh to ms3d with your tool, I'm not able then to open it with LithUnwrap to "UV map" the model. If I use a ms3d file converted by GOAT, it works.
    Is it something relating to your tool or to my installation?

Edit: It actually works. Sorry, my mistakes. That was due to the fact that I used the "rename" function. It seems that LithUnwrap didn't like the ".converted" added to the file name. Once removed, it worked.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 22, 2015 at 08:52 AM.

Hi, I keep getting the following error. The comments are good and the security is fine. Not sure what else to try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	326938

Hexdragon's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Nah, the algorithm is the same for every mesh model. Just be careful with mounts, this is the only thing you should rework on a separate folder because they are handler in a different way.
    Hello

Just downloaded and started to test.

Converted 3 vanilla models (regular soldiers) to milkshape and then back to mesh, then compared against the originals
    I am gladly surprised to find how accurate is your bounding sphere algorithm

It brings the same float values as the originals,
    Sometimes is the same value even at binary level, up to the last bit.
    Good job indeed

There is a small issue, however, that may require a fix:
    In all test carried on, it was noted that the Sphere Center offset "X", when expressed as float, had the inverse (+)/(-) sign when compared with the one on the original mesh.

Example:
    Results for dismounted_feudal_knights_lod0.mesh (Hexadecimal strings) :

Original mesh
    831EA6BB Sphere center - X offset
    65A59C3E Sphere center - Y offset
    0C354A3E Sphere center - Z offset
    4A7AAB3F Sphere radious

Toolbox Version 0.6 beta

621EA63B Sphere center - X offset
    5FA59C3E Sphere center - Y offset
    0D354A3E Sphere center - Z offset
    4A7AAB3F Sphere radious

Differences highlighted in green are trivial
    Diffference highlighted in red is relevant, yet I guess It should be an easy fix for you.

Hope the info helps.

----

BTW,
    Many thanks for sharing the info about CA using Ritter algorithm for M2TW models

I was wondering on the matter (in order to add calculations for my not yet released mesh tool) and had no clue,
    Ended adding an option for Bounding Sphere based on "bounding box", which obviously brings a sphere which is "a little too big"

Regards

Edit:
    -Added example (above)

Tried an implementation of the algorithm.
    For the example above, I am getting the following results:

A11EA6BB Sphere center - X offset
    5CA59C3E Sphere center - Y offset
    09354A3E Sphere center - Z offset
    487AAB3F Sphere radious

For this one (as well as for other meshes) close results arose when choice for initial pair was: vector with max/min "Z" offset.
    However, differences were bigger when tried the above with some other models, hence it seems I am still missing something.

I any case, many thanks for the clue .
    Last edited by Hexdragon; July 23, 2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added example

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast