Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.6 Beta Released On 06/06/2015

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Default Re: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.3 Beta Released On 30/04/2014

Well... for what concerns the groups' material assignment... GOAT is bugged, while my application is working far better. In fact, GOAT 1.1 assigns almost every group after the first one to the Figure material, even if it should belong to the Attachments one. My application works like this: if the UV coordinates average for a group is less than or equal to 1024, the group is assigned to the Figure group, otherwise to the Attachments one.
    That's very strange to see an inverted result... absolutely. Which application was right in fact? I mean... once you set up the texture files, which conversion was giving the right result?

For what concerns the error message, it shows up when one of the following things occur:
    - a group's comment contains less or more than 3 lines of text (empty lines are irrelevant);
    - a group's comment last value (Flags) has a value different from 0 and 1;
    - a group's comment has the first line (Macrogroup ID) equal to the second line, which is the group's Name ("Head Head 0", which should be "Head Head_01 0" instead);
    - the MS3D model is a regular unit but it doesn't contain a group with Macrogroup ID equal to "primaryactive0", the model has no primary weapon in fact.

I would be pleased to investigate this problem further. May you send me your model's files via PM?
    Last edited by Zarathos; May 15, 2014 at 04:41 PM.

OK, I tried again and this time simply converted the archer mesh to ms3d using the m2tw_fast_longbowmen_string skeleton. Then converted straight back to mesh, making no edits to the ms3d and it doesn't work comes up with same error message as I posted above. I don't think I am doing anything wrong here.

EDIT: Sorry, for some reason the forums didn't show your message until after I posted this one.

EDIT2:I could not find out which application was correct sorry as I could not convert the unit to put it back into the game as it kept coming up with error messages. It did produce a bugged model however but it had Jesus syndrome and was missing most its model.
    Last edited by tombombadil; May 16, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

@ Zarathos:

Very interesting piece.
    I sure hope you can help me with it though.
    I am running windows XP and I cannot install .net Framework 4.5 because "it is not supported".
    I do, however, have mono installed.
    So, how do I get your program to work?
    Thanks.

Hey, How is progress going on this?

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    @ Zarathos:

Very interesting piece.
    I sure hope you can help me with it though.
    I am running windows XP and I cannot install .net Framework 4.5 because "it is not supported".
    I do, however, have mono installed.
    So, how do I get your program to work?
    Thanks.
    I'll downgrade my next release to Framework 4.0 as a lot of users are still using Windows XP, for compatibility reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by tombombadil View Post
    Hey, How is progress going on this?
    I'm going to release a new version soon with a lot of bug fixes and a small, unfinished thing

Default Re: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.2 Beta Released On 18/04/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Thanks for your precious feedback. I made this tool for personal use so, even if at present I'm expanding it to make it more user-friendly and more suitable for a generic and widespread usage by the whole modding community, it's mainly focused on what is requested by the average M2TW editing routine.
    Adding support for other 3d modeling tools is very time consuming because every tool has its own proprietary file format and converting MS3D models to other formats is a process that can be very well handled by existing applications like 3D Object Coverter and Ultimate Unwrap3D.

Anyway... enjoy my new 0.3 Beta version that I just released!
    I finally looked into those two tools.
    Afraid neither is a solution for my blender/ms3d issue dealing with very particular m2tw coding formats.
    Either I roll up sleeves and build one, or I go with 3dsmax and use the maxscripts.
    Thanks for suggestions though.

Still use your tool for this and that. Nice!
    Look forward to next release.

Thank you

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Default Re: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.4 Beta Released On 12/06/2014

A new version is out!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great!

Oh nice!
    Thank you. Look forward to checking it out.

Icon10 Re: M2TW Modeler's Toolbox - Version 0.4 Beta Released On 12/06/2014

It's the very super nice soft. Zarathos is the man!

Help! 1 day ago Toolbox worked well but now it has an error "An unhandled exception has occured and the application must be terminated. Sorry for the". Appearing when I try to convert Modeling Tools and Texturing Tools. Extracting Tool and Packing/Unpacking Tools work without errors.

Tried and tested this tool. It works like a charm. Its faster and easier to use and most importantly it handles skeletons and bone assignments way better. However, i do not see any animation related features, which is perfectly fine, since this functionality is not that commonly used. Have been using this for the past couple of months.

Sandy

I decided my last problem but in milkshape 3d when I rotate right arm it changes left arm. How to fix that?

i got this error after finishing my model and tried to change it back to mesh
    "The conversion MS3D model has failed because it contains one or more underweighted vertices"

Guan Ziyang's Avatar Tiro

Works great. +rep

Would love to see some animation features though, and maybe a strat .cas option as well?

CLICK ME - New Updated Steam Batch File (Universal for All Mods Edition)

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by d4kks View Post
    Help! 1 day ago Toolbox worked well but now it has an error "An unhandled exception has occured and the application must be terminated. Sorry for the". Appearing when I try to convert Modeling Tools and Texturing Tools. Extracting Tool and Packing/Unpacking Tools work without errors.
    It would be amazing if I could see the exception details in the window that pops up
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGIONARY_HAWK View Post
    i got this error after finishing my model and tried to change it back to mesh
    "The conversion MS3D model has failed because it contains one or more underweighted vertices"
    There are one or more vertices with a weight assignment < 100.

but there is no underweighted vertex in the model , but i had to merge an external skeleton with the model using GOAT before trying to convert from ms3d to mesh maybe there is a conflict and if there is a conflict is there anyway to merge that skeleton with the model using your toolbox??

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

If you merge skeletons, you probably loose a few references to joints rigging. Try to use the button "Show Unassigned Vertices".

Zarathos,

If you are looking for suggestions, consider adding .ms3d to stratmap .cas conversion and vice versa. Here is the script by KE: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1797

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast