Hey guys,

I'm mainly here to report my following "technical problem" with the mod. The mod itself is fine and me and some guys from another forum have successfully started off our own Grand Campaign hotseat thanks to the amazing Retrofit mod. There are 10 of us playing as England, France, HRE, Sicily, Milan, Scotland, Moors, Turkey, Egypt and Denmark, respectively. We've been playing for just turning 5 turns now and already there have been events like the English being exiled to Russia since we deemed her conquest so early on to be unfair and injust (Not the whole story but hey ho, not the reason I'm here.)

Anyway the real reason why I'm here is because another friend asked today whether he could join today as Poland. I checked the factions thread and Poland was free. However no matter how hard I have searched, not just on this forum but on a variety of others, I cannot find a way to allow a player to join, during our email circulation hotseat campaign. Now I'm not bad at the game but I'm a complete noob when it comes to hosting a hotseat and I can not find instructions on how to change a faction from Non Human to human, without console commands (read below).

Console commands are disabled to prevent people from cheating, as it was recommended by a friend. Is there a way I can do something to allow my friend to play? Do I have to edit some files, in the descr_strat region of my Medieval II folder or manually allow console commands so I can let him join? If so what are the console commands?

I'm currently on holiday but a reply would be fantastic. I know this is a huge board-wide necro thread and may piss people off but if there is a way to allow humans to take over the management of AI factions, mid campaign, I would be very grateful and happy to be enlightened as to how, as would my friend who is eager to prove that "Polan iz str0nk!!!111!" as he so eloquently put in a Steam message.