Thread: Rome 2 Launcher still says DeI is out of date mod

Default Rome 2 Launcher still says DeI is out of date mod

Still shows its out of date mod when I open Rome launcher, should I enable Out of Date mod option?

Default Re: Rome 2 Launcher still says DeI is out of date mod

Mine doesn't. You have to enable it to play with DeI, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by YuSon View Post
    Still shows its out of date mod when I open Rome launcher, should I enable Out of Date mod option?
    Standalone will always do so (since you need to update with Steam to have the "updated" status).

As for the Steam version I cannot understand why some say it's not enabled. On my part it is.

This system sucks.

When I checked and unchecked the button for playing with out of date mods, DeI suddenly was compatible. Though this worked with 0.82 and I haven't tried it with the current version, maybe you can try this?

For me and my brother when we start the launcher it says out of date mod. Just check then uncheck the enable out of date mod box to "fix" the issue

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a problem where it says that i have outdated mods, yet they are directly from steam workshop, and the game tends to crash sometimes.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

nice necro dude! a post from 2014!

The game crashes on me sometimes as well but i have like 10-15 mods enabled. AFAIK, the standalone version from TWC should generally be a bit more stable.

I, too, am getting those warnings about DeI being "outdated". What it means is that i have to click through yet again screen before launch. It's annoying as hell and I tend to forget that it might pop up, launch game, go get a drink while the ganme should be loading, and come back to see the screen with the warning. Frustrating.
    Last edited by Nordling; February 18, 2019 at 12:05 PM.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I dont even have any other mods on, once it crashed in a 20min battle for me
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Then i would suggest a reinstall of R2TW (or checking integrity of R2TW files through steam options) and re-downloading of DeI. I have never encountered such problems. Other issue causing this might be drivers, however.

This is an interesting necro thread Selea is here in this post

You can find help on these similar subjects in our tech thread or bug reports. Generally, reverifying the game files and resubscribing should help. You can also try our standalone 2 part version instead of Steam.

Steam should definitely not say out of date, that is odd. Those files have all been updated well after the latest game update.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Holy mother of Necroposting

Anyway, sometime STEAM labels anything as out of date, it's a know issue.
    Like Dresden said you can find anything Tech specific just by clicking on my Sig and follow the 1st post there. I would suggest the App Data fix (step 6 from the OP).