Thread: Noob problem with my .cas models in game (pics included)

Default Noob problem with my .cas models in game (pics included)

I'm using 3ds max 2013 and Vercingetorix's import/export tool.

I tried editing Egypt's Desert Axemen by deleting the shield, and that was the only change I made. I saved the new file and it appears in game without any crashes or anything.

The problem is that the skeleton is completely messed up, it looks like something from a horror film - their faces shoot forward and slam the ground when they walk, their left leg shoots off and forms a giant 'U' shape, etc.

So, I tried again from scratch, this time not editing anything at all, just importing the vanilla .cas file then exporting it under the new name. Now, the unit still has the shield in game, but the exact same skeletal issues, despite me not making any changes at all.

I noticed also that when I export files, they only come to around 18 KB, whereas vanilla ones are around 40-50 (I'm using only the highest quality models).

Any tips on where I am going wrong (+rep for any advice!)?
    Last edited by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr; April 04, 2014 at 10:27 AM.

Default Re: Noob problem with my .cas models in game - please help!

First you must see if 3ds max 2013 can run correct the Vercingetorix's import/export tool.
    From the description its like the skins weights r messed, but this dont explain the second try that you have made (scratch).
    But its better to add some pics from 3dmax and game.

Default Re: Noob problem with my .cas models in game - please help!

Yeah, I'm wondering if it is my version of 3ds max. All I did was import and export (model appeared correctly in 3ds max) with no changes and got this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I noticed the file size when I exported was only about half that of the original.

The only other 3ds max I could get is 2011 (student license). Would that definitely work (if the version is indeed the problem)?
    Last edited by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr; April 04, 2014 at 10:25 AM.

Default Re: Noob problem with my .cas models in game (pics included)

This loss of KB is not good.
    But if that hapend from the version number it sould be a trhead about that search first then try it in 2011.
    If no works then post a pic from the skin weights table in 3dmax.

Couldn't get the 2011 version due to a corrupt download, but tried 2012 and so far it has worked fine. The problem must be with the 2013 version.

Solved!

That is good news