Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow of the North II -- TATW 3.2 HS **Looking for Admin**

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Shadow of the North II -- TATW 3.2 HS **Looking for Admin**

Hi everyone,

As you can see I didn't really put much effort in this OP, but several players from the first Shadow of the North hotseat were interested in a 2nd SotN.

The problem we have is we don't really know how many players are available to play?

So there is one rule that I can provide already. Think about this if you want to join this (or 'a' in general) HS. Of course something can come up in RL which changes things for you, but excuses like 'i am busy so i leave' after a couple of turns will NOT be appreciated.

Players who join will commit themselves to the hotseat and NOT decide to leave after a couple of turns for some lame excuse.

Ok, so if you are interested in playing SotN II post below and if we get enough players to start this up I will create a proper opening post containing the rules , factions and map etc... ( Basically, this will be identical to the SotN opening post, perhaps some modifications to balance things out or add a (couple of) rule(s).

Looking forward for your posts!

-------------
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tseat-3-2-TATW
    Above you find the link to the original SotN thread.
    -------------
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: Shadow of the North II -- TATW 3.2 HS

Obviously I'm in. Come on folks, we had a good vs evil game last over 50 turns. That's pretty darn good!

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

maybe jwant will want to play with an ally better than me

I invited the following players to this HS:
    -knicolas2
    -JWANT
    -PandaChef
    -Gimli10
    -TheBlackWolf
    -Patokay

As either former SotN players, or players I think will be a nice addition to the HS.

Of course everyone feel free to invite other players to this HS to get a full game!

If you are not invited, but checking out this page and you are interested to join, let us know!

I would be interested, particularly in either of the orc factions

I am in too. I would like to be Dwarves if possible, I have never played as them.

Citizen

If we are picking actions now, I'd prefer either OOG or Eriador.

We are not picking factions now. But of course you are free to share your preference. It means, Panda would like to play Dwarves, but that doesn't mean Dwarves is reserved or claimed already now. If there are other players who want this faction they can speak up as well.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Give me the faction that takes the longest to play

Nah, I'm not gonna join this one, and if I do it's gonna be if you REALLY need a player, and even then I would have to pick one of the elves, since they don't take long to play and have a good economy.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    maybe jwant will want to play with an ally better than me
    We are both the blame for that terrible start, it was my noob mistake compounded by yours I'd still be grateful to have you as an ally Knight!

I'm in. I'll play any faction but I obviously have some serious redemption needed as Eriador so they'd be my first choice.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

I will play since I haven't joined any other hot-seat yet and would like to get more involved in the community again. I think when the time comes im going to pick either an Orc Faction or Dale.

Excellent. We already have 6 players available then, 3 more!

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

I would also like to join

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I would like to try my hand in this hotseat, preferably as an orcish faction

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Shadow of the North II -- TATW 3.2 HS Not started yet, One spot left!

i'm trying to make time but time keeps disappearing from me >.<

Nice's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Shadow of the North II -- TATW 3.2 HS Not started yet, One spot left!

I would also like to play in this hotseat, if I am allowed to join.
    I would take any non elvish faction I haven't played yet. These are OoG, Eriador and Dale in order of preference.
    Most Feared Warlord: Nice

Most Dreaded Commander: Nice

Citizen

I think we have 9 players now! Don't know how to handle faction selection though. Maybe everyone should submit their top 3 choices and we'll try to accommodate everyone.

1)Faction assignment:
    I would go for the top 3 choice of faction preference of everyone and then try to accomodate, just as joe suggested in the thread. Most of you have already shared their preference somewhat, but only Nice has already shared his top 3 choices , so I will ask everyone to do the same.

2)The first SotN didn't start as a good vs. evil hotseat, only after Eriador was destroyed early on, we decided it should be good vs. evil. What do you think? Should SotN II be a good vs evil hotseat from the start?

3)Gifting to dying factions. I think we can allow this, only under the condition the faction that gifted may not take advantage of the dying faction's treasury.

4)Sallying out with defeated armies. There was a broad discussion on this topic. To illustrate the problem once more for everyone. Faction A comes before faction B in turn order. If faction B defeats an army of A which will then retreat into a settlement, A can sally out next turn if it has 19 defeated units and 1 undefeated unit. If you turn this situation around, A defeated an army of B, B can not sally out because of the defeated units in the settlement. (even if there is only 1 defeated unit and 19 undefeated units).
    Hence I am against sallying out with defeated units if you are before the besieging faction in turn order.

5)In SotN, players were allowed to fight battles against AI on the battlemap. I intend to copy this for SotN II, simply because some factions, like both elvish ones, really have a hard time defeating rebels even though they overpower the rebels in quantity and skill.

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

I would like to play as Silvan Elves, dwarves or Ootmm. Good vs. Evil sounds good and i would also prefer this.

To point 5: sounds good but wouldn´t it give a to high advantage to elvish factions? or especially all those factions with quite good archers (dale, eriador..)?

Quote Originally Posted by knicolas2 View Post

To point 5: sounds good but wouldn´t it give a to high advantage to elvish factions? or especially all those factions with quite good archers (dale, eriador..)?
    Yes but it also gives the evil factions an advantage as well. I know that if I assault a rebel settlement as OotMM I will lose around 200 orcs minimum even if I play myself, if I let the elves take it first (I think of the settlement north of Lothlorien) I can then take it from them with the loss of only say 50 orcs on autoresolve. It is ridiculous and impossible to expand if you are losing 400/600 orcs to take each settlement if it is only autoresolve.

I have seen what happens if it is autoresolve only then many rebel settlements just get left untaken because it is not worth the loss of men to do so

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast