Thread: Units do not regenerate stamina in battle

Default Units do not regenerate stamina in battle

I'm not sure if this is because of DM specifically or in vanilla as well, but none of my units (at least in Sengoku and RotS) regain any stamina no matter how long they stay still during a battle. Is this a bug or by design?

Artifex

Default Re: Units do not regenerate stamina in battle

I've noticed that units in yari wall formation don't regain stamina. Otherwise, standing still normally does recover stamina. Maybe it's a bug or someone entered a wrong number into the fatigues table.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Hmm, I might try to look into this, though having no experience with a pack manager or TW modding, I'm doubtful I can do much. It's a bit annoying how quickly everything drops to very low stamina levels in all battles and you can't rest.

On closer inspection, units do actually regenerate, only extremely slowly. It seems to take over five minutes of standing still in dry weather for fatigue to drop one level. This is clearly way too slow to matter in normal gameplay.

edit: Figured out how to use PFM and looked at the values for DMS. IIRC fatigue when idle was set at -1 (fatigue while running 6) and in fact 0 while idle in snow. I considerably buffed all resting values and even snow now gives -1. Gonna test my change tomorrow and see if I did it correctly/it feels good.
    Last edited by Leiska; April 01, 2014 at 09:59 PM.

Hi Leiska, have your changes worked out alright? I'd like to make them myself, too, because I'm having problems with fatigue as well.