Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Medieval II Extra Total War V 1.3

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Default Re: Medieval II Extra Total War V 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by raubak View Post
    for now mod is done and haven't time for and i not planning make new version 1.4...i think time scale is perfect for balance ...about units -are they already in vanila? Knights Templar?Knights Hospitaller? they exist by guild...you also can easy change time scale...

I'm refer to units that are found in Crusaders Campaign like Canons of Holy S. or Marshal of the Templars,i now it easy to change timescale but it take some time to change the units cost and building cost for 6 months per turn.If i will have time i will adjust some things.I wanna add all the units from Medieval 2 Total War and Kingdom 4 Campaign in this mod like i did for KGCM mod
    .http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-each-faction .A lot off units I will add to be used in specific cities,and others to be used like mercenaries.I hope to have some time in this summer.
    Last edited by Ego123; April 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM.

I think the map that you have created is a major achievement. I applaud the boldness of your vision. Please note that the Comanche were not in the Great Lakes region of what is now partially American and Canadian. The Comanche were Plains Native Americans. In reality, the mapped section was the territorial lands of the Ojibwa.

Of course it's a matter of when, and of course contested by the other tribes of the Great Lakes, but Ojibawa or even simply saying Chippewa, would be closer to who actually lived there. While changing the units to be something closer for that region would be outstanding, if you at least changed the name, then it would be better. I would expect for lots of units to spring up in that area upon say Viking explorers traveling anywhere within it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ojibwe
    A symbol used by the Ojibwe (sometimes spelled Ojibwa) is found on this link, a depiction of their dress at a far later date, as well as other information. Note the bear claw necklace.
    http://ojibwenativeamericans.weebly.com/religion.html

The Commanche lived way way to the South. Here's a map showing migration but at a much later date. Still, it's better than placing the Commache as far North as you have.

The voyageurs of Canada could traverse from the St. Lawrence to the Great Lakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyageurs
    So too, the Native Americans used this as a main way of traveling by canoe, possibly Viking explorers and later the French Canadians used it as well.

Certain runes left upon stones lead at least some scholars to believe that Vikings traveled down the St. Lawrence, and into the Great Lakes regions. Certain hooked runes used by the Templars specific to Scandanavia have been located there. MTW2 is a dynamic game and anyone could end up exploring there as long as you also made the waters shallow enough to skip from Iceland, to Greenland to Nova Scotia.

Of course items like the Kensington Runstone are controversial. There are many such artifacts, some might be hoaxes, some may not be.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Runestone
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; April 13, 2014 at 04:18 PM.

RubiconDecision u right and if i will do v 1.4 i will fix it ...

Ego123 i dunno how u gonna do it? limit of units already up top....

liayaongxiyang change video options ,seems like u got it too high for your cpu...i don't think it fatal error and you can't replay that battle with autosave ,..and if it fatal error you can give me your save file to i can find a problem...
    Last edited by raubak; April 16, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Well, I managed to install the game and I'm pretty sure it's right. But I merged the registry file and now I don't know what to do. When I load kingdoms.exe it launches like it's about to play the game and then crashes. I don't understand. What should I try? Is there a way to manually start the game? After all that it seems a shame to not be able to play. Is there something I can do differently?

What is that thing north of the Baltics and south of Finland? Is it somekind of leftover from Southern Finland?

Great job btw. +rep

elcidofvalencia that strange ...so do u have M2ExtraTW in launcher? and u said it crashes after a while, where?to fix a problem u need understand on what part of the game it crashes and then i can tell u ...but seems like it not problem of mod it something with your Kingdoms...but it not lauch from kingdom exe.. only launcher ...but yes you can start the game manualy ...u just need any exe file from any mod ...like SS...i don't know exectly about other exe"s but that one i try and it work...just copy exe file in M2ExtraTW folder and start the game...

liayaongxiyang

Kong Ming u mean in map ? some new sea? yep that wrong and i was lazy to fix it but i will fix it in 1.4...

BRAVO!

Thank you raubak for this mod.
    I have been playing it for the last week and having a lot of fun.

A couple of questions:

1) What`s with Judaism,Lets say I play England, My cities are fully developed, I have many priests and cardinals in them. Take for example London (population 47K) - two cardinals and the best cathedral and still Judaism is on the rise (over 57%) and that goes for all of my cities. is it impossible to eradicate Judaism? (sounds funny coming from a Jew)
    Is it impossible to have 100% of my nations religion in any given city?

2) I encountered a problem with the Mongols. Right after to Mongol invasion event i saw them lose one of their cities to rebellion and that caused them to completely stop their advance. They move around across their land and do not invade anyone at all - moving their army's around the rebel city (Zhongdu) on the eastern border of their land and then moving the horde back to the western border. I have seen them do this for over 70 turns (using the toggle_fow). They don`t attack at all. Have you or
    anyone else encountered that problem ?

3) I saw the Pyramids and Stonehenge, What exactly are their effect on the game? like what is the recruitment bonus from Stonehenge? and are there any more Wonders?

4) Is there a list of changes you made to the game or units you added?

Thank you for this.
    BTY - Love the mangonel.

For anyone having problems installing or playing this mod!!!

I too had problem activating this mod
    You need to have both Medieval and Kingdoms installed. then I recommend downloading this Launcher.exe file from this link
    :

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilte...cement_1.2.zip
    (http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2500705 - the forum with instructions)
    (Created by "v1c7r1x" from forums.steampowered.com)

Install the mod and then go to the the M2ExtraTW folder (Medieval II Total War\mods\M2ExtraTW) press the 0002M2ExtraTW file and if asked press "Yes" for the Registry Editor.
    Extract the launcher.exe file from the zip and place it in your Medieval 2 folder (default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War).
    Activate the launcher, choose the "M2ExtraTW" and press "Start Selected Mod".

Enjoy

The MTW2 Kingdoms Launcher notoriously hangs up. All you have to do it CNTL + ALT + DEL and shut it down. There is a launcher replacement on this site, but still, no matter what, it tends to hang up after exiting the program. As far as I know, this happens with the both the DVD edition as well as the Steam version.

As long as the launcher is running in the background, you'll have weird errors to prevent you running it again.
    The more land area, the less number of settlements in those countries. Less is sometimes more, as of course it becomes rather unrealistic to conquer the world by any means. There have been mods that are global though. The only way to find a happy medium with a global map, would be to have very limited settlements to the max, but have more forts spread throughout the countryside. As the AI will depart from them, only a "locked" character trait will keep them staffed with soldiers. When you proportionately include all of the countries, you literally could have only one settlement in some of them.

The result of which is highly unrealistic AI or player domination over whole countries by the 100 turn, sometimes by the 20th turn. In my opinion, given the settlement limitation, a map of no more than 7 countries is far better, and far more immersive. How many times in history were huge empires possible: Alexander the Great, the Roman Empire and the Spanish Empire.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Empire
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great

The only one that fits here in this late period is the Spanish Empire from 1402 AD. Far later you have the Ottoman Empire.

The Mongol Empire while impressive fragments.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; April 23, 2014 at 12:51 AM.

i cant run this mod .. i followed step by step the introduction.

Vladimir87 Thx u ! and thx to explain how to start the mod ...i have no idea most of the time i just made mod in my kinda version of M2 and Kingdoms , and i don't have another one to see Whatsapp...

1) with Judaism...It pure simple experiment with growing difficulty to play for a user...Judaism basic on market building, so with increasing that building u got more % of rise jaw population ,which make revolts with crashing % of population Jews after killing unrest people ...so it only happen in city's not in castles... so only what u can do- not build market or not build high level of market,and u will have small percent of Jews...
    And i agree it not perfect idea ...i gonna make new fix with a new version of Judaism ,it still will basic on market buildings, but only for factions who was captured Jerusalem ...or it not historical In Mongol Karakorum u can see 55 % of JEW ...until they start deal with Jews...

2)That right i see that problem too ...and i gonna fix it in new version of HotFix1.2

3)There 3 Wonders -Stonehenge: give you bonus for all settlements with recruitment.( give + 1 slot for recruitment in any settlement) The Great Pyramid: give you bonus for all settlements with law. ( give + 1 bonus law in any settlement) Great Wall: give you bonus for all settlements with happiness ( give + 1 bonus happiness in any settlement) ...and it basic like triumph ,so at once any faction captured wonder and they will have that bonus forever , but for factions who already owned wonder from start game - like Egypt (Pyramids) it not work ,that factions need captured back from other fractions or rebels...that how wonders work...

4)There no list of changes or units i made ...it all visible and i can't waist my time for it ...sorry

Good News Everybody! - i planing Huge Map in new version M2ExtraTW 1.4 v ,i already work on , with Japan , India , China , and far North territory's which can show whole Mongolian invasion even historical on Japan !!!!!
    Last edited by raubak; May 08, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

For everybody who still can't run these mod ,download exe. file from here https://www.mediafire.com/?wr0fa45bl5qk31q .... than put him in your M2ExtraTW folder - click and play ...other-ways you not proper instal the mod!!!!

For everybody who still can't run these mod ,download exe. file from here https://www.mediafire.com/?wr0fa45bl5qk31q .... than put him in your M2ExtraTW folder - click and play ...other-ways you not proper instal the mod!!!!
    For me ask this is a version new 1.4 ah Where me can dowload version 1.4? I want version 1.4 vietnam will destroy china I think that version 1.4 vietnam will is nguyen dynasty and china will is minh dynasty and qing dynasty You raubak can do a mod Eastern Han period be not I want know add about history Eastern Han of china

Vladimir87 Thx u ! and thx to explain how to start the mod ...i have no idea most of the time i just made mod in my kinda version of M2 and Kingdoms , and i don't have another one to see Whatsapp...

1) with Judaism...It pure simple experiment with growing difficulty to play for a user...Judaism basic on market building, so with increasing that building u got more % of rise jaw population ,which make revolts with crashing % of population Jews after killing unrest people ...so it only happen in city's not in castles... so only what u can do- not build market or not build high level of market,and u will have small percent of Jews...
    And i agree it not perfect idea ...i gonna make new fix with a new version of Judaism ,it still will basic on market buildings, but only for factions who was captured Jerusalem ...or it not historical In Mongol Karakorum u can see 55 % of JEW ...until they start deal with Jews...

2)That right i see that problem too ...and i gonna fix it in new version of HotFix1.2

3)There 3 Wonders -Stonehenge: give you bonus for all settlements with recruitment.( give + 1 slot for recruitment in any settlement) The Great Pyramid: give you bonus for all settlements with law. ( give + 1 bonus law in any settlement) Great Wall: give you bonus for all settlements with happiness ( give + 1 bonus happiness in any settlement) ...and it basic like triumph ,so at once any faction captured wonder and they will have that bonus forever , but for factions who already owned wonder from start game - like Egypt (Pyramids) it not work ,that factions need captured back from other fractions or rebels...that how wonders work...

4)There no list of changes or units i made ...it all visible and i can't waist my time for it ...sorry

Good News Everybody! - i planing Huge Map in new version M2ExtraTW 1.4 v ,i already work on , with Japan , India , China , and far North territory's which can show whole Mongolian invasion even historical on Japan !!!!!
    The Falcom mod got permission from the Shizoku no Senso team to use their samurai units. Likewise the Eras Conquest team made their own Asian units. You might look in those places to see if your mod can get permission to use some of their material in order to finish your mod with Asia included.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-no-Sens%C5%8D
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Total-Conquest

The Eras Asian units either are from 1326 or from 1550 or so and differ based upon the introduction of gunpowder. The ERA mod also is very clever about how campaigns are loaded with a script so that you can play different periods and so not be limited on regions or number of units. The Falcom mod is the only one to have units from Okinawa or the Ryukyu Islands like the pechin.

If you're interested in having mixed religion within settlements, then the Jizya submod for Broken Crescent has done the most interesting things regarding scripting to set the religion in a settlement based upon choices by the ruler of that Kingdom which is then emulated by his nobles. This can have benefits for trade but creates religious unrest. One should never expect 100% of a religion to completely exclude the other religions, for that's not like history at all. Such things could result in expulsion of the Jews in history to diverse places in Europe and Asia.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mis-v2Released

While some modders have built Asian settlements, as yet no one has figured out a way to destroy the walls with siege artillery due to programming the animations within. So you might be able to get permission to use their battlemap models, but they would require siege towers, ladders, and rams to get within.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; May 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    The Falcom mod got permission from the Shizoku no Senso team to use their samurai units. Likewise the Eras Conquest team made their own Asian units. You might look in those places to see if your mod can get permission to use some of their material in order to finish your mod with Asia included.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-no-Sens%C5%8D

The Eras Asian units either are from 1326 or from 1550 or so and differ based upon the introduction of gunpowder. The ERA mod also is very clever about how campaigns are loaded with a script so that you can play different periods and so not be limited on regions or number of units. The Falcom mod is the only one to have units from Okinawa or the Ryukyu Islands like the pechin.

If you're interested in having mixed religion within settlements, then the Jizya submod for Broken Crescent has done the most interesting things regarding scripting to set the religion in a settlement based upon choices by the ruler of that Kingdom which is then emulated by his nobles. This can have benefits for trade but creates religious unrest. One should never expect 100% of a religion to completely exclude the other religions, for that's not like history at all. Such things could result in expulsion of the Jews in history to diverse places in Europe and Asia.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mis-v2Released

While some modders have built Asian settlements, as yet no one has figured out a way to destroy the walls with siege artillery due to programming the animations within. So you might be able to get permission to use their battlemap models, but they would require siege towers, ladders, and rams to get within.
    Thank you a lot ! for helping me ...it what i need !... and i will make that changes in patch 1.5 , after i got permission from the japan team ,and i wish it happen or my mod will stuck ...but right now i work on patch 1.4 - religions pack ...

Patch - Medieval II Extra Total War Version 1.4
    What new -
    -Anti-pope (coming when fraction Excommunicated ,with enough piety )
    -Heresiarch (coming by random time around powerful places to gain heresy)
    -Model for Pope in Battle map
    -Model for slave King in Battle map
    -Model for mongol King in Battle map ( with face of Chingishan )

-script fix for judaism ( you will deal with Jews only after you capture Jerusalem)
    -possibility to change religion to Islam for mongols in historic time
    -Aztecs have more real buildings and walls in battle (new textures)
    -new religion - Hinduism (not really active in game but it for new patch 1.5 with Indian fraction )
    -new traits for priests from kingdoms...
    -launcher added for people who have different copy of M2TW
    -all fixes included in that patch ,so i can call that full idea of version of M2Extra TW mod!

DOWNLOAD LINKS

gamefront\com

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24329...+Vers.+1.4.exe

mediafire\com

https://www.mediafire.com/?fzj6c8k2y0mdacf
    Last edited by raubak; July 02, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

I transling lord of the ring 3.2 mod total war medival 2 I hope that Hourly morning Vietnam at 5h pm or 12hAm will have a link dowload lord of the ring total war how to install Medieval II Extra Total War Version 1.4 Medieval II Extra Total War Version 1.4 have what new not. Have map Asia no At vietnam not use a gamefornt to dowload because gamefornt block ip of vietname. vietname only can dowload link as: mediafire and some link other

preview of new map

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Wow, its huge, which new faction are you thinking to put in?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Quote Originally Posted by assurbanippal View Post
    Wow, its huge, which new faction are you thinking to put in?
    cut Moscow to China , cut Sicily to India and cut Scotland to Japan ...

I think that should do three map for this mod. I want national as: Vietnam,Japan,Korea,Philipine,China,Indonesia,Malaysia,Campuchia and some Southeast Asian countries. I think that Asia is have National Japan is the most powerful : Tiếng cười: This is a Japanese flag image in the sight of empire 1.9A:
    http://domod.kupai.me/forum.php?mod=...extra=page%3D1 or:

You raubak can based on this mod to complete mod of you : Tiếng cười:
    You raubak can based on this mod to do a map World for this mod of you : Tiếng cười: I think that flag of image on is very good and reasonable. About Vietnam you can grab flags of Nguyen Dynasty.This is a flags of Nguyen Dynasty:

or

reference:
    https://translate.google.com.vn/tran...85n&edit-text= or original Vietnamese:
    http://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nh%C3%A0_Nguy%E1%BB%85n
    I think that national Asia as:Vietnam:Nguyen Dynasty,China:Qing Dynasty,Japan,Korea and some other Southeast Asian countries and european is include:
    England,France,Germany,Russia and some other national. I think that Germany and Russia can grab this flag:
    First is Germany:

Russia

Germany can taken before the Nazi flag:

References:
    https://translate.google.com.vn/tran...A9c&edit-text=
    or: http://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%E1%BB...4%90%E1%BB%A9c
    have fun and be successful in life : Tiếng cười: