Thread: Large Empire

Default Large Empire

Have any of you declared your own empire and taken over most of the map? If so how hard was it? How long did it take you?

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Large Empire

A very very long time, if you blitz like i do and set up a lot of enterprises where you can have a steady flow of money,you should find things will go a lot faster an easier. However it does tend to get a little tedious and i abhor dealing with the lords and it can get a little annoying, battles can get tedious too, a whole lot of sieges.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I always found it more interesting just conquering the map as a vassal for that exact reason. It became boring quick being a king

Thanks for the answers. I just got my first castle awarded me by king Ragnar. I want to go capture more but how much of a garrison do I need to hold the castle while I'm gone?

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

It depends,if you have a fast army like me[200 memluks] and are at war without only a few people,you can keep the garrison light[50-60] as you can easily just ride up and smash the buggers,before they do anything,if not invest in the Nords as garrison.a few Sarranid or Valgir top-tire archers will make them near invincible. I find that 120 if enough,makes little sense having more.

For archers, I'd say Rhodok's Crossbowmen over anything in the game. The Vaegir are supposed to have the best archers in the game but the Rhodok's pound them in my opinion.

Ok but how long does it take you to recruit a garrison of over 100 troops plus keeping your own army up to strength?

Again, depends really. The higher your relations with villages the more recruits they will provide you with at one time. If you get very high relations they'll even give you higher-tier troops.

I haven't played as a lord in ridiculously long but what I used to do when I was awarded a castle was to place my current army as the garrison so that I was just by myself and then go recruit as many of the troops I wanted as possible. Then I'd come back to the castle, sit outside for a while training them and then were they were good enough, place them as the garrison and take my own troops back.

Thanks that makes sense.

Got to try and make good relations with at least one other kingdom. Then join a faction that's being beaten at war, befriend a bunch of its faction members and declare war on it. They will be weak and have lots of enemies so you can build your faction quick and will get a lot of the other characters in that faction to join your side.