Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Default Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Well, I guess that answers my question; I'm likely to still be irritated by the speed of the thing. Pass.

Thanks.

apoll

Laetus

It is too cheap, at least on Steam. You've got development costs to pay for. Double or triple the price.

Laetus

At this time there is no three-day campaign game. We fans are lobbying hard for that in Version 1.x.

Well I managed to get 30,000 casualties accumulated between both sides in just under 5 hours. The Iron Brigade and Baxter's brigade wiped out to the last man....and if you think that's bad, you should see the rebs! The hardest AI sure wanted Culps Hill.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Thanks, Darth!

Wasn`t sure where to post in my excitement so just posted where I usally frequent...

Just wanted to thank Darth Vader for releasing his Ultimate General Gettysburg on GOG. I always knew you were a good one. Instant purchase.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Thanks, Darth!

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Wasn`t sure where to post in my excitement so just posted where I usally frequent...

Just wanted to thank Darth Vader for releasing his Ultimate General Gettysburg on GOG. I always knew you were a good one. Instant purchase.
    i think Darth is laying down the ground work for a future project with this one , CA gonna get a shock in the next few years when Darth brings in a campaign map, zoom in close up battles and the Roman Legions. Ultimate General:Rome
    Last edited by GRANTO; May 28, 2015 at 02:03 PM.

thanks.

Just finished day one. Played with balance and the ai really knows where to hit you. So far my battles have gone draw, epic victory, and minor defeat. If you dont contain the enemy units, they can cause issues. Let 2 regiments go free and they went and harassed my artillery. Making my send men to take them on really hurt me and i lost the last battle.

Well its only based on one battle so there is probably a reason there isnt custom battles. The game will be short, that whys its 10 bucks. You fight through all sections of the battles with your men being saved from last time and you will probably get through the game within 3-4 hours. You get replay value from the ai, and trying different stratigies eachtime to see how you can win the battle differently. Thats why you wont see custom battles. Cards arnt nessary since the maps arnt huge and its easier to just click on a unit and order it dirrectly.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I've read many reviews of this game, I was going to get it but .. the last review I've read on Steam was not good and was also pretty convincing, so, I've decided to stop and wait and see.
    Now my question is: is it worth the price, guys?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I've bought the game and I think it's worth the price, it could have been a better game under many respects but, seen the times I think it's one of the best tactical game around.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345