Thread: Help needed?

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Default Help needed?

I have been waiting for this mod for a very long time. I worked on it for a year or two, put a lot of effort into it, and indeed it has had a major effect on my life. Last time I checked this forum, I was in school, having just quit the mod due to exam pressure. And now, I was just talking to the professor of medieval studies at my university about writing my thesis on Medieval political and military philosophy: my interest in that stems directly from my period of work on DotS.

I'd love to get back into it again, and do whatever is required to get it released, now I have a little time to spare. Are the threads below still up to date? Are unit descriptions still needed, or is there something else that might be more useful? Please post or PM with info.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Senator

Default Re: Help needed?

nice to see you on the forum again copperknickers

hrolphi's Avatar Libertus

Way to go Copperknickers II!!!!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Great to see you here again J.
    Anyone interested in seeing the mod released, can help very easily by contacting me via PM or at gmail via rossalexdowning. All that is required is copying and pasting in spreadsheets with help from the team if there are any questions, but it is really extremely simple. We just need people who will not say 'yes' and then look at the spreadsheet and then disappear. This is what always happens because people have no stomach for modding, and then complain that we have taken years. I feel like committing suicide everytime I open our spreadsheets because I've been working on them for 7 years and there is still more work than I can do.

I'm sorry it's so stressful. Remember this game is not more important than your well-being. You can always move on to something else!
    (This is probably annoying to hear as you are in the get-it-done mindset, I just don't like your tone..)

Christ, I sound condescending. By "I don't like your tone" I mean I don't want you to feel as bad as you're suggesting. Ok, I'll take a chill pill....

Citizen

I've emailed you.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Cheers bud, online meeting this weekend at the shared XL sheets! Be there or be a peasant!

dajarvi's Avatar Semisalis
    Marquette, Michigan, right on Lake Superior

Hope you guys are still working on this mod! I check in on it to see if anything is happening

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Cheers bud, online meeting this weekend at the shared XL sheets! Be there or be a peasant!
    I was there dude, looks like you're the peasant. And work is still progressing Dajarvi .

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

I don't think I've seen this mod forum without a post for so long before. You guys must all be talking on Skype or something. I'm not going to ask if the mod is still going cause I have seen from the posts over the years you are all dedicated so I thought I would just offer some encouragement. You are all awesome and deserve major kudos for working so long on a community mod and I am confident it will get finished when you are all happy with the results of the endeavour.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm