Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vanillla 3.2 essential bugfixes

Default Re: Vanillla 3.2 essential bugfixes

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    That's really weird, the game shall recreate the file by itself as soon as the game starts.
    Delete it again and test?
    I tried, but when I started it again with divide and conquer, clicking con clean.bat, it says that error. When I instead click on Third Age.bat, the game opens, tries to charge and instantly closes. Should I re-install vanilla third age, re-do the process of the txt, map.rwm and strings files, run it without DaC, install the latter with patches and run it again?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Did you install this patch on top of DaC?
    If so, a reinstallation is called for. This bugfix is for TATW 3.2 only and would explain why it do not work for you - I'm sure DaC has these bugs solved already since long ago.

DaC will overwrite any content in this bugfix anyhow if installed after the bugfix - and if the bugfix is installed onto a DaC install, it replace DaC files and thus make it crash.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Did you install this patch on top of DaC?
    If so, a reinstallation is called for. This bugfix is for TATW 3.2 only and would explain why it do not work for you - I'm sure DaC has these bugs solved already since long ago.

DaC will overwrite any content in this bugfix anyhow if installed after the bugfix - and if the bugfix is installed onto a DaC install, it replace DaC files and thus make it crash.
    I installed first the DaC public beta, then orderly the patches 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4. So it's useful to install these .txt files in any chase.
    Last edited by Dreamdecipher; June 02, 2015 at 08:10 PM.

Just to make sure I've been clear; if you install this bugfix after you installed DaC, you will break the game.

You may install this bugfix after you installed TATW 3.2, before you install DaC. If you reinstall TATW then adding this bugfix before installing DaC will certainly not hurt, but considering the big overhaul that DaC is, the content of this bugfix is most likley replaced by DaC-files anyhow.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Just to make sure I've been clear; if you install this bugfix after you installed DaC, you will break the game.

You may install this bugfix after you installed TATW 3.2, before you install DaC. If you reinstall TATW then adding this bugfix before installing DaC will certainly not hurt, but considering the big overhaul that DaC is, the content of this bugfix is most likley replaced by DaC-files anyhow.
    I installed the bugfix after I installed TATW 3.2 and before I installed DaC. I'm going to try again without installing the bugfix.

These files ARE ONLY for Vanilla Third Age 3.2 version = CLEAN WITHOUT ANY SUBMODS INSTALLED before or after. Installing these files on any other TATW submod will make them unplayable.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hey guys, I 'd like to know if this is a bug, it's working as intended os I just need to configure something...:

In the battles, unless I click on the shield, the enemy units many times cannot be seen, and when they can, I cannot distinguish them from mine. Is it possible to leave the red and green marks on all the units for all the battle? not aesthetic but better that getting surprised that your army was attacked from behind by units you didn't know were so close...

It's no bug but as the game is set up, not heard it be changed into a constant colour either.

However, to increase visibility you can enable the flags atop units (as seen in M2, unless edited).
    In your Third_Age_3-folder there's a file named TATW.cfg
    Open it with Notepad or Notepad++ and edit this
    Code:
    show_banners = 0
    into
    Code:
    show_banners = 1

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Unfortunately, that one it's not helping much, but thx anyway.
    Last edited by Joseignacio; June 07, 2015 at 10:13 AM.

hello-my first post
    my problem was that the TATW 4.8 did not start after reinstall on new computer
    i write in the TATW.cfg this (disable_file_cache = true) idk if it is important
    i deactivate UAC (i put it on lvl 3)user admin control?) in window control center
    and i download the 126kb vanilla bugfix file and replace the 2 file (campaign and building) and delete all string files in the map foldor
    now it work
    thanks for this thread
    sorry for my english-i am german

hello-my first post
    my problem was that the TATW 4.8 did not start after reinstall on new computer
    i write in the TATW.cfg this (disable_file_cache = true) idk if it is important
    i deactivate UAC (i put it on lvl 3)user admin control?) in window control center
    and i download the 126kb vanilla bugfix file and replace the 2 file (campaign and building) and delete all string files in the map foldor
    now it work
    thanks for this thread
    sorry for my english-i am german

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

A new Bugs thread entry...

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Bandobras Archers should be one of the autonomy scripted units but is not, due to this line in campaign_script...

Code:
    generate_random_counter random_tribute 1 2 3
    Should be...

Code:
    generate_random_counter random_tribute 1 3
    There are nine such lines.
    I think that qualifies as an essential bug fix. Not critical but without it Bandobras Archers don't turn up in the game as they should.

Now my game doesnt work at all,thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathResist View Post
    Now my game doesnt work at all,thanks bro.
    Why it doesn't work? What version/mod/submod are you playing? What did you install? We need some info if you want someone to help you.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

After completing the bug fixes I'm seeing what looks like a text file location appear under the names of units in the building info window. It shows up as "strat.txt{SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT} #". I believe this is showing instead of the text "Culture Requirement". Although this isn't a major bug in any way, is there anyway of fixing it?

Sounds like because you deleted the string.bin files and the game isn't recreating them. Not sure how to fix that. But here's a copy: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1j...tringsBins.zip Just unzip that into the {third age}\data\text folder. Hopefully that fixes it.

I'm not sure that the strings.bin files need deleting, nor map.rwm. The download only alters EDB and campaign_script, neither of which require deletion of any of those files. Or am I missing something?

It's fixed now. Thanks for the help and download.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Sounds like because you deleted the string.bin files and the game isn't recreating them. Not sure how to fix that. But here's a copy: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1j...tringsBins.zip Just unzip that into the {third age}\data\text folder. Hopefully that fixes it.

I'm not sure that the strings.bin files need deleting, nor map.rwm. The download only alters EDB and campaign_script, neither of which require deletion of any of those files. Or am I missing something?
    I was told that changes in campaign_script file require deletion of map.RWM.. they were wrong about this?

Wrong, yes. Only changes to anything in the data\world\maps\base folder require map.rwm deletion. And a strings.bin only needs deleting if its .txt counterpart has been modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Valderath View Post
    It's fixed now. Thanks for the help and download.
    Thanks for confirming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p39pwsf0gk...Files.rar?dl=0

is this still needed for TATW 3.2? I'm asking because I cannot download these files. It shows me the files in my different 3 browers and even shows me what the files contain but I cant just copy and then paste it in a text file nor can I download these files. I tried it with Firefox, Chrome and Vivaldi. Even if I try to CTRL+C and CTRL+V the pure text in this files it wont work. I guess that dropbox prevents me from doing this. Do I really have to download and install dropbox only to get these bugfixes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast