Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This

Default This

is one of the most awesome mods I have ever seen! Is there a chance it will be finished this year? I know it's a silly question, but seeing the faction previews made me so happy and excited

Thanks a lot in advance, keep up the great work!

Rad

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: This

Come on when will you guys release a custom beta me and other fans are so excited about this mod we cant wait?

Bladelok's Avatar Libertus

Doubt it will be finished this year, but with luck, we might get a taste with the releasing of a custom battle beta or something similar. Personally I'd much rather see the team taking its time to finish the mod down to every detail before a post-beta release. If that means waiting another year, or more, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladelok View Post
    Doubt it will be finished this year, but with luck, we might get a taste with the releasing of a custom battle beta or something similar. Personally I'd much rather see the team taking its time to finish the mod down to every detail before a post-beta release. If that means waiting another year, or more, so be it.
    I'd rather see it finished as well, but like I said, I got excited when I saw it. If the units are this amazing, I can only wonder what the gameplay will be
    Anyways, if someone from the team willing to give a status report, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll just say that I have been following this mod before i made my profile on twcenter, and I've been waiting ever since for it to be released. Don't hold your breath guys

In that case, I have a message for the modding team.

Keep up the good work! When it finally gets finished, you'll make a lot of people happy. Thank you.

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

yes guys, we definitely plan to publish the game this year....

the beta release was scheduled to be released much sooner, but Hrobtos moved to Berlin for vocational reasons, and settling in can take a few weeks...
    Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

Quote Originally Posted by SpyrosM91 View Post
    yes guys, we definitely plan to publish the game this year....

the beta release was scheduled to be released much sooner, but Hrobtos moved to Berlin for vocational reasons, and settling in can take a few weeks...
    Great news! Less than 9 months left - I'm holding you to your word xD
    Got another question. Will the units have high defense, armor and shield rating?
    I'm asking because I am NOT a fan of quick battles.
    Longer battles are more fun, because they leave more time to think and completely outfight the AI.
    The most fun I had was with Europa Barbarorum I *a RTW mod*. People who played it will know what I am talking about when it comes to battles.
    Last edited by Rad; April 02, 2014 at 12:57 AM.

well, for that you'll have to ask k/t who is balancing the units...

I am using a modified version of Point Blank's Real Combat 2 system as a guide.

Here's the latest version: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-0-files/page4

RC already leads to longer battles, as PB wanted to show that medieval weapons were mostly outclassed by medieval armour. I also altered the high-quality unit bonuses to favour defense as outlined in the description of my RR/RC submod for BC.

Once all the currently ready units have their stats done, I will do some tests to see if missiles are too powerful.

Militia units will have free_upkeep, and Feudal ones too, but there will be a downside to granting too many lands to nobles (less money for you).

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I am using a modified version of Point Blank's Real Combat 2 system as a guide.

Here's the latest version: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-0-files/page4

RC already leads to longer battles, as PB wanted to show that medieval weapons were mostly outclassed by medieval armour. I also altered the high-quality unit bonuses to favour defense as outlined in the description of my RR/RC submod for BC.

Once all the currently ready units have their stats done, I will do some tests to see if missiles are too powerful.

Militia units will have free_upkeep, and Feudal ones too, but there will be a downside to granting too many lands to nobles (less money for you).
    Everything sounds great. I especially like the touch with the free upkeep. Militia and Feudal troops would not cost the state treasury in times of peace, while professional soldiers would have to be paid all the time.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Sounds good k/t. + rep

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Tsardoms has small team. Small team cant make a lot of work fast. Maybe if I quit my job and start modding 10h a day. But how would I pay my apartment then? How could I buy food? Who fill finance nostrificatiin of my diploma for Germany?

With all due respect it is this above that worries me, not modding. Thats just a hoby. Something I do now and then I have free time.
    Join us, pull sleeves up and help us out and maybe its gona be done faster.
    Last edited by Hrobatos; April 04, 2014 at 08:01 AM.

Bladelok's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Tsardoms has small team. Small team cant make a lot of work fast. Maybe if I quit my job and start modding 10h a day. But how would I pay my apartment then? How could I buy food? Who fill finance nostrificatiin of my diploma for Germany?

With all due respect it is this above that worries me, not modding. Thats just a hoby. Something I do now and then I have free time.
    Well said, I was going to write just now that real life ruins it for modders, but in reality we should see it the other way around, real life is what we're born and adapted to experience, and modding, just like other time-consuming hobbies, is the second priority. Indirectly it's the real culprit because it takes up so much time in order to get something done.

That being said, how old are you? I'm 20 years old but I have the privilege of living in one of the tiniest countries in the world and that means I can still live with my parents at home whilst going to university + my workplace is only a 30 minute bus ride away. Living on a tiny island has its advantages.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

21 and just moved out of my parents house to Berlin. Iv been in new apartment two weeks now. Dont have internet connected yet. I work on new job for 1 and half month now. That is as much as I´m willing to reveal my private life.

Modding kind of suffers. Too manny important life events in short time to really care for modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post

Woah man, calm down xD
    This wasn't one of those OMG-finish-the-mod-already-slaves threads. I was just praising your hard work and asking for a status update.
    If I had money, I'd pay you to do this.

Have you tried recruiting more folks? Some mods are on Facebook, and/or Twitter. It could be a great way for you to get more attention. I volunteer to to admin a group for the mod on FB, if you want.

I live in the second biggest country in the world and I still lived with my parents while going to university, which was a one hour bike ride away.

We'll finish this mod eventually. If you pedal long enough, you'll get there.

[spoiler][spoiler]
    Is this how the map will look?

My offer still stands. I may be in the middle of an exam period, but that never stopped me from doing something that has no connection to my future prosperity!
    I'll work during the night hours. Like Batman.
    I can make a fb group and start advertising/recruiting via other Total War mod groups. I just need material to make it appealing and a list of skills your/our future team members need to have in order to join.

What say you?

about the map... more or less, yes.... there are though some inacurracies... like,
    papacy has not returned from Avignon by the beginning of the game...
    sicily has lands in western greece...
    byzies do not have so much land in peloponnese and in asia minor... and of course their lands are divided between the regency and kantakouzenos...
    venice, has more islands in its lands....
    we have also added milan...
    moldova does not have bessarabia (it's still under the golden horde)
    the swiss are less expanded...
    etc..
    but the general idea is good...

@rad: your proposal sound promising...
    if you are truly willing to do this, and not quit after a week or so (we had dozens of members like that...),
    then we can discuss it with the other guys, and see what we can do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast