Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White Guilt in North America

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: White Guilt in North America

i think white guilt is great, and so do black men who get to plough white women who think they can overturn white guilt by spreading their legs with ethnic men

Wismar's Avatar Civis

"I'm proud to be black" Said the black man.
    "I'm proud to be a native american" Said the native american.
    "I'm proud to be gay" Said the gay man.
    "I'm proud to be white" Said the racist.

Sums up today's debate climate pretty well I think.

I'm going to study in the US this summer and the high school I'm going to has apparently a 'Celebrating Diversity Week' (Which seems silly to me).
    For each day they highlight all the different ethnical and cultural groups such as 'Hispanic day' for example. The thing that made me mad is that there wasn't a 'White/European day'. Silly, since they have achieved the most on this earth of all the groups. But of course, that's racism, right?
    Last edited by Wismar; April 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

Maybe you should study in Europe then, since they achieved more than the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post

I'm going to study in the US this summer and the high school I'm going to has apparently a 'Celebrating Diversity Week' (Which seems silly to me).
    For each day they highlight all the different ethnical and cultural groups such as 'Hispanic day' for example. The thing that made me mad is that there wasn't a 'White/European day'. Silly, since they have achieved the most on this earth of all the groups. But of course, that's racism, right?
    What is there to be proud of, really?

So I am the random result of my parents meeting and because they both had the same skin colour I now have that skin colour, too. Neither I nor my parents nor anyone else has done anything to bring that skin colour about, nor does that skin colour have any connection to my personality and who I am. Tell me again, why exactly should I be proud of my skin colour? It's simply silly.

I have plenty of my own personal achievements to be proud of. Even if I didn't, I would do my best to strive towards it. I have nothing but pity for the one who has to draw pride from his skin colour because he has no achievements of his own.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    What is there to be proud of, really?

So I am the random result of my parents meeting and because they both had the same skin colour I now have that skin colour, too. Neither I nor my parents nor anyone else has done anything to bring that skin colour about, nor does that skin colour have any connection to my personality and who I am. Tell me again, why exactly should I be proud of my skin colour? It's simply silly.

I have plenty of my own personal achievements to be proud of. Even if I didn't, I would do my best to strive towards it. I have nothing but pity for the one who has to draw pride from his skin colour because he has no achievements of his own.
    Race is more than just skin color to be honest (but I won't get into that now).I wouldn't say that I'm a proud white male. I would instead say, 'I'm a proud Swedish man' since it has a lot more weight behind it than just race (culture, traditions, history etc). But it's hard to do that in the US since they are all 'Americans' even though they might not associate themselves with other Americans because pretty much anyone in the world can become an American and when it's like that it loses its' meaning and weight.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

>2014
    >People still believe race exists
    >Srsly guise
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

^Says the man with the Puertorican banner

But I dont know, the whole white guilt thing seems stupid to me, as is the tacit government support of it

For exaple, in the civil war, fighting for the union 4/5 of my great grandfathers brothers died at the battle of Shiloh(some Illinois Infantry Regiment of conscripted German Farmboys) and we never held any slaves, nor up until a generation ago lived even close to blacks. I dont know, slavery wasnt a bad thing, but I think it would of worked itself out in a generation or two and it wasnt worth destroying about 40% of national GDP and sending Hundreds of Thousands of Immigrants and poor white men who didnt give two about the Union or Confederacy or Slaves, or northern Industrialism or the Southern Planation economy, or Radical Protestant Abolitionism(A huge number of Union troops werw catholic) to fight, and many of them to die

And also the whole exercise of Radical reconstruction essentially took support the union had with southerners, and any social gains that were to be made, and essentially made them disappear once the Army left the south. And then you got segregation and the whole kit and caboodle. As much as it may seem strange today, but the KKK was started as a anti-union/federal government Insurgency as opposed to just hating brown people and catholics(Though I have no sympathy for the bastards, nor did anyone in my family being Pro-(labor) union catholics)
    Low speed, High Drag

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_General View Post
    ^Says the man with the Puertorican banner
    And that has what to do with what?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Comes Domesticorum

He's either saying that he thinks you think there's a Puerto Rican race, or that you don't believe in race because you're Puerto Rican.

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post

That's absolute nonsense. Of course white people don't just identify as 'white people'. They can trace their ancestry back to specific European countries, so it's usually pride for the specific nationality they come from. And as far as that goes, that's not dead or suppressed by any means. Take it from someone who lives in the US. The three biggest cultural festivals outside my city are, in order, Germanfest, Irishfest, and Polishfest. I couldn't even tell you what the fourth is. Every time Saint Patrick's Day comes along, everyone in the US whose great great great grandmother twice removed who once took a single step in Ireland before getting back on the boat is suddenly full of pride about how Irish they are. European holidays like Christmas and Easter are the most celebrated in the US. Hell, my girlfriend's family knows which specific island in Scotland they hail from and owns a coat-of-arms among other things. I've got a mix of mostly German, Irish, Swedish, Scottish myself.

European pride is alive and well in the US. White pride isn't, because white pride is almost always associated with white nationalist groups, IE, neo-nazis and other far rightists. As far as I'm concerned, the threat to European pride is about the same as the threat posed by the War on Christmas - a completely misrepresentation of reality.
    Last edited by What; April 24, 2014 at 08:16 PM.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Given that one could easily include someone from Morocco or Pakistan in the "White" category, its pretty goddamn ambiguous and has no culture or nationality or social identity beyond drawing an artificially thick line between "White" and other.

Puerto Rico is a political entity within the US and the Taino are an ethnicity from that part of the world. Obviously there isn't a Puerto Rican race, unless you think the White-Black-Indian inhabitants are a pure and clearly defined group. They're not, they're just people who speak Spanish, live in the United States and have ties to the colonial city state that is San Juan.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; April 24, 2014 at 08:56 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12