Thread: Which is strong and fun beginner faction?

Default Which is strong and fun beginner faction?

I want to try this mod out now.Can you suggest me a faction which is strong and fun to play as?
    Should have decent money and okay troops.

Default Re: Which is strong and fun beginner faction?

I am deciding between Avalon,Lao Che, Valhalla and the Faustian Reich. Which one of these is most beginner friendly?

Also, how hard is this mod compared to Vanilla and other mods?
    Last edited by Sloty; March 25, 2014 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloty View Post
    I am deciding between Avalon,Lao Che, Valhalla and the Faustian Reich. Which one of these is most beginner friendly?

Also, how hard is this mod compared to Vanilla and other mods?
    Faustian Reich: powerful gunpowder units. Avalon: powerful knights. Lao Che is good too, but Valhalla has a small roster and not much cavalry. Wouldn't advice Valhalla to begin (it's ok if you're not totally new to TW games)

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Avalon is the absolute best "beginner" faction.

avalon and les chevaliers
    strong troops and plenty of riches nearby
    the only con is the pope

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I agree Avalon

Hmm yes Avalon is pretty strong, but choose a faction you actually like. I'd suggest you go with the faction that looks the most badass, or epic to you. Go for the era that interests you the most. That will keep you from getting bored eventually playing your faction.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Roboto is right. obviously, when I first played Thera I jumped straight to the Romuli...

I think that Avalon and the Faustian Reich are probably the easiest factions for a beginner. Both have big economies and strong units.

Avalon has very balanced armies with longbowmen, knights, and good heavy infantry. A lot of Avalon units can be garrisoned for free, which lets you build up strong standing armies quickly. You'll spend your time fighting Gaelic, Meravangian, and Islamic armies.

The Reich starts with decent pikemen, great two-handed swordsmen, and arquebusiers. They also quickly develop artillery, musketeers and grenadiers. The Reich tends to mow down their enemies with superior firepower. The artillery lets you expand rapidly, and I find that after conquering the homeland, the "New World' is the most likely area for expansion.

The Valiente are also a great faction. They have the best pikes, good swordsmen, good cavalry, and good shot. They also get artillery early on, so they can expand quickly. My favorite thing about the Valiente is the number of opposing factions you usually come up against. A Valiente campaign can easily see you fighting against the Paynal, Tahar, Lao Che, Iberians, Barka, Vashta, and Faustians.

One of the best things about Thera is the variety of factions and how differently they play. Good luck!

Roboto is right. obviously, when I first played Thera I jumped straight to the Romuli...
    You, I like you. Making all the right decisions.