Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gung-Ho Albuquerque Police Officers shoot Camper

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Gung-Ho Albuquerque Police Officers shoot Camper

The man is actually shot and dies in the vid, so don't watch if you are not prepared to see it.

This not just about guns but terrible, simply terrible police work. It's a man (A clearly disabled one at that) with a small knife, and you use a flash bang - which clearly incapacitated the man, then yell orders while he is flailing and finally use a rapid fire rifle to take him down? Even though the K-9 is ready to rumble?
    The man could have gone mental and charged the officers - A simple stun gun or bean bag would have sufficed. This is ing insane and pretty saddening. The worst part is that he is bending down do surrender and then they decide to shoot - he knows he's totally powerless, feck me.

Oh and it was considered a justified killing. Come on America, shite like this is why us Brits think you are all mad.
    Last edited by Sharpe; March 24, 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Gung-Ho Albuquerque Police Officers shoot Camper

why did they send seal team six cosplayers to arrest a homeless dude. even if he had a pocket knife or two.

lol do they bean bag him AFTER hes dead? jesus these tards "BOOYAH"
    Last edited by Adar; March 25, 2014 at 01:35 AM.

Lord of Nihilism's Avatar Semisalis

What's done is done. The man is dead so there's really no point in escalating this situation any further; the police in question will get a hefty fine, have to attend some additional training courses and might be on probation. What I want to know is why is it that every video I see that involves American police, they have an unusually large number of police(10+), even if it's just 1 suspect who needs to be apprehended?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Caduet View Post
    lol do they bean bag him AFTER hes dead? jesus these tards "BOOYAH"
    No they sicked the ing dog on him while he's got multiple gun wounds.

This is how I imagined they returned to the station:

I though they were issued stun guns to avoid this kind of situation.
    the guy is clearly no threat at at that range, just fire some stun guns at him or send the dog after him and he is done.
    there is nothing he can do especially with all that gear on him.

cops are just so ing trigger happy and its not just americans, check out these canadian cops.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AEqglZ_x1k

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Nihilism View Post
    What's done is done. The man is dead so there's really no point in escalating this situation any further;
    oh no there is a point in escalating it you know the fact that it shouldn't have happened in the first place?? someone has to wake up and look at how you recruit , train these idiots to get this result

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

oh no there is a point in escalating it you know the fact that it shouldn't have happened in the first place?? someone has to wake up and look at how you recruit , train these idiots to get this result
    It absolutely is do with recruitment and training - what was going through this copper's mind? "O he has a dinner knife", better unload my clip"
    Last edited by Astaroth; March 25, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: continuity

Indefinitely Banned

You sure they were using real bullets, and not firing rubber bullets? otherwise it doesn't make sense to tell him to get up otherwise? Not a great deal of blood either for the amount of dakka he took. Seem like it could have been internal injury or the fall that killed him, may have got hit in the spine, and that why he couldn't get up.

There seems to be an alarming in crease in some of these shootings that leave me scratching my head. This is a case of total risk aversion on the part of the officer's. I understand the argument that you never know what's going to happen in a given situation and should always air on the safe side, but blasting a guy with a knife when you have a bunch of cops with rifles seems absurd to me. You accept a certain degree of risk when you take a job as a police officer and in this instance I just don't understand wtf.

There seems to be an alarming in crease in some of these shootings that leave me scratching my head. This is a case of total risk aversion on the part of the officer's. I understand the argument that you never know what's going to happen in a given situation and should always air on the safe side, but blasting a guy with a knife when you have a bunch of cops with rifles seems absurd to me. You accept a certain degree of risk when you take a job as a police officer and in this instance I just don't understand wtf.
    Well, at least they brought along and used non-lethal measures. They just need to work on their sequencing.
    Last edited by Sphere; March 24, 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGB View Post
    You sure they were using real bullets, and not firing rubber bullets? otherwise it doesn't make sense to tell him to get up otherwise? Not a great deal of blood either for the amount of dakka he took. Seem like it could have been internal injury or the fall that killed him, may have got hit in the spine, and that why he couldn't get up.
    I'm fairly sure it was fatal. Google "Albuquerque Police Shooting" and have a look.

Well, at least they brought along and used non-lethal measures. They just need to work on their sequencing.
    Shoot - Alsatian - Talk worked out for them.
    Last edited by Sharpe; March 24, 2014 at 09:59 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I'm fairly sure it was fatal. Google "Albuquerque Police Shooting" and have a look.
    Ah ok, i saw it on RT earlier tonight, but just fount it strange they ordered him to get up, and then hand cuffed him anyway, either seemed like a complete retarded way of doing things, or sadistic, so i thought they had to be using rubber bullets, ill google it now, and take a look.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

My immediate reaction was: why shoot first, and THEN use the bean bag round? WTF? That's the most ass-backwards method of taking down a knife-wielder that I could possibly think of.

I'm glad I don't live in ing New Mexico, yeesh. Then again, cops all over the USA are starting to get too big for their britches these days, shooting first and asking questions way later. The growth of the police state is an alarming trend, to the point where something like Kent State just wouldn't shock people that much anymore. That's a bad road to go down, Murica.

Funnily enough people say I sound like him a lot, he's comes from down the road to where I am.
    I've seen your shin. You are paler than a LePen family reunion.

Also, the APD is under a Department of Justice investigation because they've been shooting about a dozen people a year which even in America is a lot for a city of 500k.
    Last edited by Sphere; March 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Off topic content removed
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; March 25, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

I sleep peacefully in my bed at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon a homeless guy camping out on a hill in Albuquerque.

So I googled...

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/...ed-5345380.php
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — In a rare show of displeasure with the troubled Police Department, Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry said Monday it was wrong for the new police chief to say officers were justified in killing a homeless camper in the Sandia foothills.Berry also said he wants to bring in outsiders to help investigate the killing that came as the department is under federal scrutiny after notching three dozen shootings since 2010.
    Berry criticized Police Chief Gorden Eden for making a premature judgment about the fatal shooting of 38-year-old James Boyd on March 16.
    "The chief got asked an honest question and he gave an honest answer," Berry said. "Unfortunately, it was premature and a mistake, and that will not happen again."
    Authorities said Boyd died after officers fired stun guns, bean bags and six live rounds. Eden said Boyd had threatened to kill officers and held onto knives as an unarmed K-9 officer approached him.
    A helmet camera video showed Boyd gathering his belongings then turning away right before officers fired.
    The video, released Friday and shown nationwide, drew scrutiny from elected officials and civil rights groups who believe officers overstepped their use of deadly force on a man who appeared to be struggling with mental illness.
    "It was horrific when you see someone who has been shot," Berry said of the video.
    The video showed an injured Boyd with two 5-inch knives in his hand when officers surrounded and handcuffed him.
    Eden said the medical examiner has not yet determined if the bullets killed Boyd.
    Berry said he has invited the Las Cruces Police Department to help with an independent five-agency investigation into the shooting. "They are from outside the metro area and it'll be good to get a sixth look at it," Berry said.
    The shooting came as the Albuquerque Police Department is the subject of a U.S. Justice Department investigation involving the use of force.
    Former Police Chief Ray Schultz retired last year amid controversy over the shootings, although Berry had been publicly supportive of Schultz. Berry named Eden as police chief last month following a national search.
    Berry said he has informed the Justice Department about the latest shooting and the agency has access to any files it needs.
    Some members of an Albuquerque police oversight panel were expected to hold a news conference Tuesday to formally ask for an investigation into the shooting independent of Albuquerque police and the Second Judicial District Attorney's Office.
    "The shooting of James Boyd has shocked and appalled the citizens of Albuquerque," said Leonard Waites, a member of the Police Oversight Task Force. "We call for an immediate and independent investigation of this tragic killing."
    Sounds like someone is in trouble. Please save the "come on America" for later.

http://the-libertarian.co.uk/police-...ity-in-the-uk/
    With the case of Azelle Rodney’s 2005 killing at the hands of a police officer making headlines this week, the issue of police brutality is coming under renewed scrutiny in the eyes of the British public. After being pulled over by police in the north of London, a man by the name of Azelle Rodney was fatally shot six times in his car by a police officer, known only to the media as ‘E7’, who claims to have thought the deceased was reaching for a sub-machine gun. Not surprisingly, investigators found that Rodney was holding no such weapons at the time of the shooting.

“There was no lawful justification for shooting Azelle Rodney so as to kill him,” states High Court judge Sir Christopher Holland, in his report on the unlawful killing. “[The officer’s] accounts of what he saw are not to be accepted.”
    I mean come on UK, its stories like this that makes the US think you are mad!
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

This is what happens when we let airsoft cosplayers into the police force
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I mean come on UK, its stories like this that makes the US think you are mad!
    Haha.

But seriously, a homeless, disabled and probably despreate man - threatened by four heavily armed officers and a police dog (Alsatian) you'd think they would just taze him, cuff him and be done with it.

It must be a totally unjustified use of deadly force. Towards the end he was showing compliance, only to be flash-banged as he knelt to which he turned away and got shot.

At no point was he a threat, he could have been shot at any moment, the had contained and the shooting wasn't required. Watch the video from 1:20 it's a travesty, and pretty grim to watch. Start with the bean bag ffs.

Haha.

But seriously, a homeless, disabled and probably despreate man - threatened by four heavily armed officers and a police dog (Alsatian) you'd think they would just taze him, cuff him and be done with it.

It must be a totally unjustified use of deadly force. Towards the end he was showing compliance, only to be flash-banged as he knelt to which he turned away and got shot.

At no point was he a threat, he could have been shot at any moment, the had contained and the shooting wasn't required. Watch the video from 1:20 it's a travesty, and pretty grim to watch. Start with the bean bag ffs.
    Yep and I hope they get nailed for it but I can see where the mistake was made. He turned around and I could see how that COULD be thought of as going for a weapon, and when one fired they all went OK corral on him. (US saying ). Being they SHOULD be professionals though, it was clearly poorly handled.
    Last edited by Phier; March 24, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast