Thread: Recruitment thread

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Recruitment thread

If anyone wants to help make the Bronze Age a Rome 2 reality as a member of the mod team, post here with a list of qualifications and we'll take a look at it. You dont have to commit to being a mod member till the very end, but if you do get on the team you will have to commit to doing some meaningful mod work.

Currently, we could use help in the following fields:
    -UI, specifically Unit Cards although anything would help
    -DB and Text file work, putting our pre-made city, region, nation name lists in-game, unit descriptions, etc.
    -Animations and Rigging, we are looking at a new chariot model that would work with 2-3 riders, anyone who could start that process would be greatly useful.
    -Unit balancing for gameplay
    Last edited by Dontfearme22; December 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: updated priority info

Default Re: Recruitment thread

I lack in 3-d modeling ability but I would be interested in helping to work on the faction icons and other 2-d artwork.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

first off: thanks for the offer
    unit icons that are inspired from actual reliefs, freskos and pottery paintings would be really cool.
    i am well aware of the fact that this is a really difficult challenge. but they would be some of the best unit cards ever. naturally i will give you as much image resources, research and active support as i can.
    this would be one of the jobs i can offer you.
    because at the moment we have several people already working on faction icons. so i let them decide if they want some help on this section.

I would love to work on some unit cards. If you can point me in the direction of some resources that great and I can get started.

sure what faction do you prefer to make first?

Quote Originally Posted by snowguy417 View Post
    I would love to work on some unit cards. If you can point me in the direction of some resources that great and I can get started.
    Ill PM you the pack you want to do(if i happen to have it) for a trial run so to speak, and i agree with pm in saying lets do it like the vanilla Rome 2 cards, based off the artwork of the timeperiod. I look forward to your results

Sounds great! I don't have any preference as far as a faction to start with so I will leave that up to you. I also agree with the vanilla style cards as I think CA was on to something with that sort of design.

Quote Originally Posted by snowguy417 View Post
    Sounds great! I don't have any preference as far as a faction to start with so I will leave that up to you. I also agree with the vanilla style cards as I think CA was on to something with that sort of design.
    Perfect, ill PM you the Trojan units.

squeehunter's Avatar Libertus

Would anyone have any use of Google Sketchup? I have worked in the past designing buildings for prospective buyers on empty properties. If not, I'm sure I could learn a new program and work at least on the architectural side. I also have a lot of time on my hands, especially now during summer break.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

If you could PM me some reference images of helmets, shields, weapons etc I could work on modelling and texturing. I'm extremely busy with work these days (leading up to Christmas) but I'd be happy to work on some in my spare time. Perhaps I could start with a a couple helmet variations or something just to get into the swing of it. Because it will be sporadic work, and may take a long time depending on my schedule you don't need to put me in the team members list or anything. Once I finish a model or two and have them game-ready I'd be happy to just have a little 'additional meshes by Rewinged' or whatever

Hello, I post this message because I created a unit pack with a mod team about the Troy war bassed in Salimbeti´s illustrations... the proyect was unfinished, but I have the pack at your dispossal, if you want to test it... my pack have three factions playables:
    - Sea People.
    - Aeolian people.
    - Dorian people.
    I think that there are some units very interesting in this pack, if you want it.
    Thank you.

yes, this sounds very interesting. do you have any screens or someting?

Here is the link with the folder where I have a lot of images about the pack. All the units are not included in the images.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b5xwo1d16q5v6/TROY

okay, thanks, i will have a look asap (not at home atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Devotio`Flanagan View Post
    Its set to private.

Hello,

I really like this era of history despite the lack of detail knowledge. I have experience modding the DB tables, specifically the battle mechanics with Imperial Splendour. I am also currently working on the CAI behavior. In our mod, we our goal is to create unique traits for each faction. I am currently creating 8 new personality traits, which is double of the vanilla. Also the Vanilla only differentiate with recruitment. I am modding many different traits. This is done through the campaign_ai_personality_junction_table. You can also mod how AI manages as well. Currently Rome II(Emperor's edition) as everything on default.

If different behavior is something that interest you, it will have to wait until after you have created the changes in thr startpos, as the changes would require modding that as well.

Anyway, let me know what you think or if you have any questions.... thanks for your time