Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New units

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Default New units

Hello there, S.P.Q.R fans!

I hope Lt likes to add my new version of gallic barbarians, here a little screen of the unit I just made:

Gallic Champion

Regards!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: New units

excellent work!!!

Very nice!

Yes indeed its very nice. Just dont forget that other units use the same model for other factions so you need to check the DMB to see what other factions will need skins for them and UI. :-)
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, again , yes, I know, many factions share some units with just different skins, so no problem, different skins will be added

Here I share my prospect for a new naked fan for the barbarians, I hope you like it.-

Kind Regards!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

They look good.
    Lt_1956

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Thanks guys, very appreciated.
    I almost finished the gallic roster
    I will upload soon the last screens ^-^

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Nice work, Alguie!!!

Splendid unit!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

thanks, brothers.-

What percentage are you looking at now for the barbarians being done so far?
    Lt_1956

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, LT! and guys! well I“m pretty sure to tell you the entire gaul roster, including officers and general it“s done.-
    Right now, I“m creating unit cards for them and the alternative skins for multiple factions shared units.
    I include two germanic warriors too, a revision of german axe warband and a new enhancemet for noble axe infantry.
    Tomorrow I will upload the units 4 u Lt.
    I“m just trying to blend the ferresque point of view with the original feeling of barbarian SPQR units, in some cases I guess I had handle it very well

I hope u like it guys

Kind regards for everyone

I love those swords! Can't wait to see your work ingame, as well as your work for SilmarillionTW.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

beautiful!

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Algaman , give the barbarians shirts, while you can. There are snowy winters in Germania anyway. Those guys didn't fight naked besides some strange individuals.
    The text below is about Gauls, but it could be about Germans (or other barbarians) too.

Diodorus Siculus and The Library of History:

"29 1 In their journeyings and when they go into battle the Gauls use chariots drawn by two horses, which carry the charioteer and the warrior; and when they encounter cavalry in the fighting they first hurl their javelins at the enemy and then step down from their chariots and join battle with their swords. 2 Certain of them despise death to such a degree that they enter the perils of battle without protective armour and with no more than a girdle about their loins. They bring along to war also their free men to serve them, choosing them out from among the poor, and these attendants they use in battle as charioteers and as shield-bearers. It is also their custom, when they are formed for battle, to step out in front of the line and to challenge the most valiant men from among their opponents to single combat, brandishing their weapons in front of them to terrify their adversaries. 3 And when any man accepts the challenge to battle, they then break forth into a song in praise of the valiant deeds of their ancestors and in boast of their own high achievements, reviling all the while and belittling their opponent, and trying, in a word, by such talk to strip him of his bold spirit before the combat. 4 When their enemies fall they cut off their heads and fasten them about the necks of their horses; and turning over to their attendants the arms of their opponents, all covered with blood, they carry them off as booty, singing a paean over them and striking up a song of victory, and these first-fruits of battle they fasten by nails upon their houses, just as men do, in certain kinds of hunting, with the heads of wild beasts they have mastered. 5 The heads of their most distinguished enemies they embalm in cedar-oil and carefully preserve in a chest, and these they exhibit to strangers, gravely maintaining that in exchange for this head some one of their ancestors, or their father, or the man himself, refused the offer of a great sum of money. And some men among them, we are told, boast that they have not accepted an equal weight of gold for the head they show, displaying a barbarous sort of greatness of soul; for not to sell that which constitutes a witness and proof of one's valour is a noble thing, but to continue to fight against one of our own race, after he is dead, is to descend to the level of beasts.
    30 1 The clothing they wear is strikingshirts which have been dyed and embroidered in varied colours, and breeches, which they call in their tongue bracae; and they wear striped coats, fastened by a buckle on the shoulder, heavy for winter wear and light for summer, in which are set checks, close together and of varied hues. 32 2 For armour they use long shields, as high as a man, which are wrought in a manner peculiar to them, some of them even having the figures of animals embossed on them in bronze, and these are skilfully worked with an eye not only to beauty but also to protection. On their heads they put bronze helmets which have large embossed figures standing out from them and give an appearance of great size to those who wear them; for in some cases horns are attached to the helmet so as to form a single piece, in other cases images of the pfore-parts of birds or four-footed animals. 3 Their trumpets are of peculiar nature and such as barbarians use, for when they are blown upon they give forth a harsh sound, appropriate to the tumult of war. Some of them have iron cuirasses, chain-wrought, but others are satisfied with the armour which Nature has given them and go into battle naked. In place of the short sword they carry long broad-swords which are hung on chains of iron or bronze and are worn along the right flank. And some of them gather up their shirts with belts plated with gold or silver. 4 The spears they brandish, which they call lanciae, have iron heads a cubit in length and even more, and a little under two palms in breadth; for their swords are not shorter than the javelins of other peoples, and the heads of their javelins are larger than the swords of others. Some of these javelins come from the forge straight, others twist in and out in spiral shapes for their entire length, the purpose being that the thrust may not only cut the flesh, but mangle it as well, and that the withdrawal of the spear may lacerate the wound."

For me it's rather obvious that most of Celts should be pictured with protective armour.
    Thank you for reading this.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hanti!
    thank you a loooooT for the info, man.
    The barbs pack has warriors with and with out shirts, and many cloaks, and a lot of armor, and long and short sleeves too. Even skinned shirts and cloaks -i mean from animals-
    so, I guess they will be a very very mixed faction.
    But I wanted to add some units, with the original feeling of the SPQR series, even I re-madesome shields with a similar decoration scheme, just to fit with the original gallic roster from SPQR mods. Just esthetics. Thanks again, kind regards.-

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

I really hope there will be some changes to the carthaginian units. They are one of the coolest enemies but their units sometimes look a little bland

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there guys!
    I just finished the Gallic roster.
    I will add gradually the rest of skins for shared units for britons, germans, etc.
    But finally here are my Gauls, with officers, and ui cards included.
    Check it out and tell me what you think.

a close up for some units:
    Vercingetorix the Brave:

bodyguards and celtic cavalry:

and of course the standard bearer:

Special thanks to:
    HannibalSmith: for his wonderful celtic sword designs for infantry units.
    Geminisandy: for his hair design for levy units.
    Thanks guys.

Kind Regards for everyone, hope u like it!
    bye.-

Fantastic work!!

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Are the green swords from Skyrim? - Units look great anyway!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast