Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gameplay & Balancing Feedback

vlakc's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Suggestions/Critiques thread

I'm aware it's too early to say, but has the mod team considered that with the new free-LC and DLC coming around next week which will expand on Dacia and some Balkan factions, maybe they'll add weapons and armor that can be modified/used for this mod?.

I'm sure the mod team may have already considered this possibility, but I'm suggesting it nonetheless.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

ah yeah, ofcourse it gives me some new hope, but not much.
    because the gaul and the carthaginian DLCs brang absolutely nothing new. and that just really pisses me off. the only thing nobody could mod was the smaller map.. WTF CA?

Wow. I just discovered this mod. This is the most exciting thing I have seen for Rome II yet! Too bad CA hasn't given us an enlarged DLC map focusing on Hellas through India. This mod would be great on a detailed regional map.

Tiro

In this mod will faction Phoenicia?

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

thanks
    aye, a more detailed map focussing on the middle east and mediterranian would be perfect.
    but with the recent map we get a lot more factions, europeans mostly

yes, phoenicians will beingame, although not as phoenicians, but the canaanite tribes in lebanon that merged with the seapeople (many of them from agaeis) and formed the ethnicity we know as phoenicians.

I know the map for shogun 2 is editable. one of the modders mentioned that rome 2 has a tool released as well where you can mod the map and add more regions?

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by job3344 View Post
    I know the map for shogun 2 is editable. one of the modders mentioned that rome 2 has a tool released as well where you can mod the map and add more regions?
    no, not really. Attila has tools like that however we cant change region shapes in Rome 2

A question about the factions: Ir will be include Ugarit and the Luristan tribes of Iran?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    A question about the factions: Ir will be include Ugarit and the Luristan tribes of Iran?
    Ugarit is a yes, but its not a major faction, and their will be Iranian tribes but they wont be 100% the iron age luristans you know, although they are related.

Already have the models for ugarit, but no units assigned yet, and I have the variantmesh definitions for generic iranian units and the banner models.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    Ugarit is a yes, but its not a major faction, and their will be Iranian tribes but they wont be 100% the iron age luristans you know, although they are related.

Already have the models for ugarit, but no units assigned yet, and I have the variantmesh definitions for generic iranian units and the banner models.
    Great!

And respect Ugarit maybe I could help you with the units because I know a book about specifically of the army of Ugarit (altough it is only in spanish language). When I have some of free time I will read it and send you the información that I found.
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; July 14, 2015 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Great!

And respect Ugarit maybe I could help you with the units because I know a book about specifically of the army of Ugarit (altough it is only in spanish language). When I have some of free time I will read it and send you the información that I found.

If you want to translate it, ill be happy to see it...although i will warn you that the Ugarit roster so far is looking basically Canaanite with a dash of Syrian.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

The following thing really annoys me in Rome 2...i wonder if it could be changed for this mod. It's about civil revolts/rebellions:

In Rome 2, the "identity" of rebel armies is defined by the predominant culture, so, for example, if the ruling culture is Roman, then the rebels will look like romans/italians...homever, this system is applied to all provinces...which makes no sense at all.

Here's a typical situation: Imagine if you're playing as the Assyrians, conquering Egypt and parts of Libya, then after a couple of turns and strategical decisions, you're able to reorganize the local society and increase your own culture, substituting the former one...but for various other reasons, you cannot maintain control of the province, resulting in civil unrest and a finally a revolt. Instead of the people of that region, you fight against copies of your own army...which look pretty stupid, judging by the individual characteristics of each army based on the geographical location.

I came up with two solutions (the 2nd one is more reasonable, i guess):

1 - No matter if your culture is the dominant one, rebels will look like the people of that region, like how it was in Rome 1 (if they're not happy with your rule, why they would be dressed like you?). You can only fight against rebels of your own kind/culture at the core of your empire, which is teritory belonging to you since the beginning;

2 - Make it really hard to completely "replace" or surpass a local tradition with a different one (like Egyptian vs. Sea People) and a little bit easier to do that with a similar one, like Egyptian vs. Nubian or Assyrian vs. Babylonian (but it doesn't mean that there will not be possible revolts while conquering a city with a similar culture - it took a long time for Nubians to be partially "egyptianized"). That way, the "arcadish" feel of the campaign could be neutralized.

*Since it would take many years to completely conquer a foreign civilization, the public order issues caused by a cultural conflict could be diminished by a strong military presence and investments in agriculture/supplies, so, the player wouldn't just keep constructing religious buildings to increase his faction's influence. BTW, this could be evaded with a tactical "repopulation" of the region ("Kill Everyone" option in the post-battle menu?), but this cruel decision should come with a consequence: it would be easier to increase your culture, and you wouldn't need to face foreign rebels at the future (this, as an "effect" of the option, making the settlement entirely yours, like these at the core of your empire - only historically agressive or barbaric factions/cultures should have this choice available)...but it would take a lot of time until the player could construct advanced buildings, since the new population should have a slow growth rate.

*Dignitaries governing provinces, like in DeI, would be cool for some specific factions, like Egypt, and Area of Recruitment/AoR units could make the experience more realistic and interesting.

Okay, there's a lot of stuff here, and i know it's not a priority at the moment, but these are just some ideas you guys could take for the next stages of development.
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; July 25, 2015 at 03:25 AM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I'm pretty sure that's not true, every region has a faction set as it's rebel faction with a roster. Rebels in Greece for example will always be greek no matter the ruler.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not true, every region has a faction set as it's rebel faction with a roster. Rebels in Greece for example will always be greek no matter the ruler.
    So why i've been facing Italian Spearmen led by Roman Generals near Achaia/Peloponnesus, Judea, Libya and Mesopotamia?
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; July 25, 2015 at 02:50 PM.

I've just discovered this mod, and firstly I must say that you're doing an incredible work here! I want to know if you're wondering about including some Iberian Bronze cultures such as El Argar (argaric culture https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultura_arg%C3%A1rica) from the southeast o the Iberian Peninsula or the Motillas one (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motillas). Also the Tartessians wolud be an interesting faction, although they haven't a clear place in history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartessos). Here you'll find a map about Iberian Bronze that may help you: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ria_Bronze.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Gaio Sulpicio Ursulo View Post
    I've just discovered this mod, and firstly I must say that you're doing an incredible work here! I want to know if you're wondering about including some Iberian Bronze cultures such as El Argar (argaric culture https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultura_arg%C3%A1rica) from the southeast o the Iberian Peninsula or the Motillas one (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motillas). Also the Tartessians wolud be an interesting faction, although they haven't a clear place in history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartessos). Here you'll find a map about Iberian Bronze that may help you: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ria_Bronze.gif
    El Argar is going to be added. Its hard to get good info on them, but we have done as much as we can with what we got.

Most of the unique elements of the Iberian bronze age however are more suited to campaign map and battle map settlements than units. So once that comes up more, I am definitely going to add Motillas and El Argar and all that.

Great! It's really sad that even in Spain isn't easy to find info about Iberian Bronze...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaio Sulpicio Ursulo View Post
    Great! It's really sad that even in Spain isn't easy to find info about Iberian Bronze...
    It is a shame. If you find anything detailed on El Argar or the Iberian Bronze Age in general, please PM it to me. Even if its in Spanish. Images are a bonus too.

Default Re: Gameplay & Balancing Feedback

Hallo,

I have a question about installing the mod.
    I downloaded the pack in the denoted directory RomII\Data.
    When I will upload the mod in the Steam-Launcher, I became the error message:

"You must have a preview image called "age_of_bronze_1.01.png (??????) in the
    same location as the pack file."

Can you help me here out. What is to do?

Thanx a lot

Joe

Default Re: Gameplay & Balancing Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus 2 View Post
    Hallo,

I have a question about installing the mod.
    I downloaded the pack in the denoted directory RomII\Data.
    When I will upload the mod in the Steam-Launcher, I became the error message:

"You must have a preview image called "age_of_bronze_1.01.png (??????) in the
    same location as the pack file."

Can you help me here out. What is to do?

Thanx a lot

Joe
    Are you trying to upload AoB onto steam? Because you dont have permission from us to do that.

If you are trying to just play the mod, and its already in the data folder, just play Rome II, when you get to the CA Mod Manager screen, click "enable outdated mods" and select the AoB .pack. Thats all you need to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast