Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

Default Re: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

4 hours and 600 or so edits later, and here's the startpos patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tgq41bswm...Gv4Patch1.pack

It goes in your data folder, and is configured to not need enabling or sorting.

Given the nature and extent of the work involved, I give decent odds that a region or two was missed... as such, should you find during gameplay a region using the generic buildings, please stick your head up your arse and blow.

I kid. Let me know, and I'll get right on fixing it.

Next up, I will be looking to fix the building cards for a couple of buildings that do not display properly (like castles)

Also, for those of you that are bandwidth conscious, here is TROM3_Sengoku_Gekokujo_v4 compressed (41mb instead of 472)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ywhqvektd...ekokujo_v4.rar

Default Re: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

What's this? TROM lives? How bloody great of you guys I sadly grew bored with Rome 2 after about 20 hours. I must've spent ten times that amount on TROM3 so far. Will be keeping an eye on this!

And thanks for the compression there, Santini. :-)

I am happy to report that post patch 1, siege battles seem to work just fine

the old TROM "problem" (i see it as a problem) still exists: matchlocks fire from all ranks, even if they are 10 men deep

Artifex

All ranks fire is the best you can have. Ranked fire can lead to weird AI behavior and delays while kneel fire is ridiculous as it only allows 66% of your men to shoot. Deactivating all ranks fire is even worse as then only 33% of your men will shoot.
    As long as CA is unable to add historically correct and working fire tactics, you will continue to see all ranks fire.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Civis

Great i am going to enjoy it awesome work

@Destin: All ranks fire is far to mighty. You can place muskets place 10 ranks deep. if you have 40 units to 240 units you fire 9600 shots per salvo - no matter how you place them. with 66% fire you have to work out a good position to use them right

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by klappspaten View Post
    @Destin: All ranks fire is far to mighty.
    It isn't. Simply use proper projectile stats and all ranks fire works fine. Have you ever played JaM's or DaVinci's mods?
    Ranked fire would be more appropriate, but thanks to CA's programming abilities, it just doesn't work as intended (besides, it's totally wrong as the last line was actually the first one to open fire). Therefore, you have to use the next best thing and this is all ranks fire. Besides, the smoke from the guns, the noises, the blood and the dying men usually lead to chaos. The officers weren't able to uphold the fire drills for too long -> all ranks fire.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Yeah, currently the firearms seem a bit OP

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

So, sorry if I annoy you Mr.Santini but, a common poor moron as myself, what can he do to play this new work by the great Obi One Asterix?

Do I need TROM and then the files you've posted? or is it a closed beta?

You need:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ywhqvektd...ekokujo_v4.rar
    and
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tgq41bswm...Gv4Patch1.pack

Both of them go into your data folder (the first one needs extracted), and when the mod enabler pops up, make sure to check the trom3 pack

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Thanks, you are a good man!

Civis

I am going to love your new project !!!

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

I fixed the TROM siege problem a long time ago if anyone is interested in implementing it in this mod.
    The siege issue I refer to is the CTD that occurs when using a mongonel (either at a castle or on a battlefield). When a mangonel fires and the projectile strikes something, the game will crash.

The problem is a misspelled word in the projectile table for the mangonel ammunition. It was a long time ago so I cannot pinpoint the column right off the top of my head but it is pretty obvious when you see it.
    I am not sure if this new updated mod uses that table with the error in it or not but in case someone is using the previous version of TROM that is how you fix that bug.

I remember you posting about this, I believed someone had written mangonel rather than magonel.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    I fixed the TROM siege problem a long time ago if anyone is interested in implementing it in this mod.
    The siege issue I refer to is the CTD that occurs when using a mongonel (either at a castle or on a battlefield). When a mangonel fires and the projectile strikes something, the game will crash.

The problem is a misspelled word in the projectile table for the mangonel ammunition. It was a long time ago so I cannot pinpoint the column right off the top of my head but it is pretty obvious when you see it.
    I am not sure if this new updated mod uses that table with the error in it or not but in case someone is using the previous version of TROM that is how you fix that bug.

No mispelings and no mangonel this time sir

I saw your fix when I searched, this sadly is a new, and bit more random bug.

It seems that the good-sir-Santini went and fixed the darned critter!
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; May 24, 2014 at 06:05 AM.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

I'd like to say I'm not certain it as that, but the bug caused was a CTD when magonels attacked or exploded, one of the two. So that could be a bug, but I'm not certain.

I would like to ask, will this mod incorporate more realistic projectiles as compared to stock TROM, as in projectiles such as arrows and musket/rifle rounds will actually have spread? Will bows not be rendered completely useless in this version?

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Thank you so much for reviving TROM. I had been updating it myself before Rome 2, making my own modifications to it. Then a CA patch came out and I always crashed. I gave up. Now I can play it again!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

i welcome any and all improvements upon the best STW2 mod Oda-speed, modders!
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast