Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Zybortrix, I think you perfectly sum up what makes TROM so good and special :-)

I agree, totally. That's why the best moments in my memory of S2 campaigns were often when trying to conquer (or defend) the northern territories. It was a constant cat and mouse game with the ennemy armies and it felt more realistic somehow not to see exactly when and how the ennemy would attack. That's also why I love so much FOTS campaign map, it feels bigger. Playing as Aizu it's really difficult to block the ennemy armies and many times, they have surprised me by passing through some mountains or another path put of the usual road ways. The fog of war becomes fully effective then. And yes, siege battles are not realistic. They are not so terrible on a purely game aspect, but so long for the sim.

I was really excited to try the extended map mod but when I realised that Japan was looking much smaller and that I was mainly playing siege battles i became bored. First time I stopped a campaign so quickly. But I'm really interested in the strategic side of the game, and I'm aware most people doesn't feel the same.

Is there an option to play TROM with the old campaign map ?
    You know you can just download the old TROM right? This version is just TROM made compatible with extended map for those who want to see a properly represented Campaign Map; though I do agree that it feels cramped, the garrisons are too small and other features just like AOR units are still missing.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

Ok. No, I didn't know that. Thx. I will start a Ikko Ikki campaign with TROM3. I think I never played this faction....
    Last edited by Yerevan; October 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

is this dead?

For anyone having trouble finding a working download link for this great mod: These links are working as of 08.01.2015. These links come from a different thread within this forum, but I stumbled upon them by pure chance. Maybe this will help some people;

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    I can assure you that you only need two files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ywhqvektd...ekokujo_v4.rar (the main file)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkc6hirsbq...kujoPatch5.rar

The second link is a cumulative patch of No. 5

...or alternatively you can pick up Patch 6 (Which fixes the crashes during the early game amongst other things), here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tch-6-imminent

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234