Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

Hi good people of the T the W and the C,

I just wanted to break the news that inspired by my experiments with the expanded map mod by uanime5 I am releasing an extended adaptation of TROM3 going back to some of the original realism ideas we envisaged at the departure point. Yarkis is not part of this project for now, and I started with a virgin database to make clean changes.

Sengoku Gekokujo

Unit Tree Overhaul

A new, fresh overhaul of units attempting to really capture the history of Sengoku Jidai warfare, with the gradual improvement of conscript infantry to match traditional armies during the era. I am building this mod around several core themes, namely the contrast between the feudal retainer system of samurai families and the gradual improvement of a conscription system. Ashigaru development will now be heavily tied to the "civil" tech tree, as administrative reforms allow for better conscription and better training. Samurai will provide morale bonus on the battlefield, necessitating the need for balanced armies.

Expanded Map and Garrisons

A much tougher and longer campaign, based on 12 turns per year, and using unaime's 83 new regions to full advantage. Taking minor clans will be tougher, as garrison size will be significantly larger making early game expansion much harder.

Historical Clan Traits

I am a student of the era, and CA's fantasty elements about the "naval" Mori or the over-spread of Christianity or the ninja'd-up, overpowered, Hattori or the Ikko Ikki will all be rendered into a highly enjoyable historical reality. Major clans like the Asai or Imagawa will be given their rightful place in the early game's power ladder, and the tech tree will become meaningful to reflect the growth of decentralized leadership capable of eventually administering all of Japan.

I will not be removing cavalry charges, just changing the role of cavalry. Light cavalry will be able to deploy behind enemy lines as it did historically in Japan serve as a scouting and infiltration unit, and will have decent fighting stats. Heavy cavalry will be lethal, but not as much in the charge but in their status as an elite battlefield unit capable of instilling fear and being superior in melee. The musket will out-range the bow, but the bow will remain an interesting weapon and still effective by the end of the century.

Revamped Tech Tree

Most units except for Teppo units will be available from the onset, but the economy to support large diverse armies will not be there. The tech tree will reflect choices when combined with limited building slots, and factions will end up with very varied force composition.

This is just a taste, I am very busy in real-life but I am halfway done and currently testing my alpha version.

I am doing everything based on stats, so if you want to contribute something besides please PM me.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Default Re: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

This is great to hear, I have been playing a lot of trom lately.

Its funny I was just looking into how to mod to get the expanded campaign working with trom this past weekend, never did figured it.

Looking forward to it

Default Re: Sengoku Gekokujo: I am updating TROM with a new name and major changes

Thanks Glado - it works but I am rebuilding (and adding features while keeping the basic philosophy of our mod) file by file to keep it clean. Yarkis was a skilled scripter, I am not, so I have to replace events for now, but more love will go into this in other places incorporated a lot of features that Yarkis never got to.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

This sounds very promising, I'm looking forward to trying it out. Good luck!

I will be returning back to Shogun 2 it seems when you're done with this

Excellent enthusiasm guys thanks! I already managed a wedding between Realism + and the expanded regions which is bug free as an experiment, but I am going for a more ambitious project, no bugs yet but I am opening up a can of worms here

Attached is my wedding of Realism + and Expanded (respect to the authors, although I changed large swaths for which they are not accountable.) Its fun, I am looking to improve on it

(ooop its too big at 23 MB) will work on this later... PM me with your email if you want to take it for a spin.
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; March 24, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Got a working version last night! Check out the poll in main forum

Wonderful news!!

it seems hard work but you did it, i'm look forward to it. thank you!

(also as you mentioned, i hope that there is no more Battle Ninja fantasy, naval mori and powerful samurai knights)

Fantastic! Will look forward to it

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Very good news. I loved TROM CAI, its a great base to apply all those good ideas of yours ! Good luck !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

This is awesome. I was starting to put into question how long Rome 2 was going to last for me, so I came back here to see how my favorite Shogun 2 mod was doing and I was greeted with this. A fully resurrected and redone TRoM3 might fully pull me back into Shogun 2.

Hi! Great News! I will have to come back to Shogun after all Where do you plan to release your mod? In the general mod section or right here? Really looking forward to it! Sugoi!

I stumbled upon this news, very exciting. I will surely try this new mod.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I would offer to volunteer for playtesting, if that helps.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

This thread makes me a happy bunny.

Good to hear trom is back.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Great news. I am looking forward to this project.

Any news?
    Where can we get this: Attached is my wedding of Realism + and Expanded

Aaaand Obi's gone for 5 days. Of course.

Does anyone have a copy they'd care to share?

Current release references the wrong building types: SHO_*building*, not TROM_SHO_*building*

Perhaps this is the cause of the siege CTD's?

Anyhow, should have a patched startpos.esf out hopefully by the end of the day - or maybe the end of the weekend (it's hard work)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast