Thread: Why won't you die, Mordor?

magraev's Avatar Biarchus

Icon6 Why won't you die, Mordor?

Hi all

I'm playing a great campaign in vanilla TATW as the silvan elves.

I got the one ring from Isengard, and took it to Mordor via the Black Gate. Silvan elves are maybe the best faction for this - Imladris is close, and Mirkwood is right next to the black gate. So you can at least get some reinforcements into Mordor

I did run into a couple of full-stack uruks, but Legolas handled them just fine (he was nursing my paranoid ring-bearer).

So I dumped the ring into Mount Doom and got an event saying Mordor was destroyed - sweet. Only it wasn't. They spawned two stack of troops and retook Nurnen and the castle next to it the next turn. I had grabbed all settlements in the main part of mordor and was struggling with unrest. I could spare no troops for defence and lost another town to Mordor in the next few turns.

Luckily my reinforcements arrived, and Legolas took that army and destroyed the two stacks and took the Mordor cities. "Now I won!" I thought, but no. Next turn a new respawn of Mordor troops happened. And they are now officially a horde.

My question is - how many times can Mordor do this little "trick"? I really want to win this one.

As a side-note Rohan took all Mordors cities in gondor and now own Minas T, Cair Andros, the Osgiliaths and more. Gondors capital is Tel Amroth now and they are struggling with the Haradrim.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why won't you die, Mordor?

been a while I haven't played Vanilla Tatw, but if I got it well

- first two stacks were coming form the "help weakened faction script", which basically gives stack spams to factions which are very close to be defeated (conditions vary from faction to faction); furthermore one of this stacks you faced could come from a special spam when you took one of their key settlements (again, it depends on factions); you can have a look here for some more information http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-Dread-Stacks (great job by Mank)

- in vanilla TATW defeated factions are intended to go horde to give some extra challange, some submods have removed this script, but it is normal to have it in TATW; once you are over with the horde Mordor will be gone forever.

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

magraev's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Why won't you die, Mordor?

Thanks. So basically you're saying that the third time is the charm