Thread: Hello, can someone analyze my Parthian RS2.6 campaign to help me become a better player?

Default Hello, can someone analyze my Parthian RS2.6 campaign to help me become a better player?

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 12:59 AM.

Default Re: Hello, can someone analyze my Parthian RS2.6 campaign to help me become a better player?

alright well,
    Playing as parthia is not easy. Always try to find a balance between Horse archers and infantry. Because sadly the archers will eventually run out of ammo. and they have horrible armor or lack of armor.

Recruit as many types of horse archers as you can. Mix them with cataphracts for some very powerful shock tactics.

Try to make separate armies for separate regions and do not mix them up.
    When doing siege battles let the enemy come out to you so you can destroy them on the field and then take the city.

Their is so much I don't know where to continue
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Default Re: Hello, can someone analyze my Parthian RS2.6 campaign to help me become a better player?

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 12:59 AM.

Yes.I recommend you do it as fast as possible.
    A level cannot support a population above its limit.You will risk losing the city to revolts.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Dias View Post
    Ok well an economy question, should I always constantly upgrade my cities? Because I'm low on gold and don't know if it's actually worth it.
    Yeah upgrade your cities, I just took a quick look and you're kinda all over the place. Your home regions are a bit 'underdeveloped' you should build Ports/Roads/Markets and Academy's/Execution Square's/Law Temples.

Some cities are also 'overcrowding' because you are not building the Governer's houses/Councilors Chambers etc. You should try and build these whenever you can as this will have an effect on your Public order if the population grows too large and at some point the settlement will revolt.

Now you're mainly focused on the Military branch I've noticed, and also try to use more generals for your armies as they can help out with keeping public order in new cities and also can boost morale in the field. I have the feeling you kinda rushed with expanding without developing your economy/cities as I see a lot of unrest.

So in short,
    1. Build Law/happiness buildings and then Tax/Economy buildings.
    2. Develop your cities and generals a few turns before expanding.
    3. You don't have to build mercenary recruitment centers and stables in every settlement, if you have a few cities close to each other use one as a military center and the others as financial cities to support your armies (which you have quite a few of).

Oh and I saw A LOT of watchtowers like 30+ in your starting regions, you really don't need that much watchtowers and they are also not that cheap (money better spent otherwise) but thats a tip for another campaign as you can't destroy them afterwards.

Anyway have fun with your campaign.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 12:58 AM.

Check Settlement Details to see how much a building will increase or decrease your tax income by. In some situations, your public order buildings won't reduce the tax income at all...

+Law also reduces corruption. Corruption lowers the amount of cash you get as well (the game treats it as an expense, check the Settlement Details as well)
    Last edited by Alavaria; March 26, 2014 at 07:19 PM.

How is this campaign going?
    Any Screens we can see...

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Dias View Post
    Also the level 4 or 5 tax thing gives a 160% increase I think with only -10 happiness.
    Might want to double-check that, I think it's more like -100% happiness for the tier 4.

Deleted.

I checked the EDB for the Parthia campaign, and this is what I see for the max tier:
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 50 requires factions { parthia, } and hidden_resource area15
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 25 requires factions { parthia, } and not hidden_resource area15
    ;
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 50 requires factions { egypt, } and hidden_resource area14
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 25 requires factions { egypt, } and not hidden_resource area14
    ;
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 50 requires factions { carthage, } and hidden_resource area3
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 25 requires factions { carthage, } and not hidden_resource area3
    ;
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 25 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource bar
    taxable_income_bonus bonus 30 requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource gre
    ;
    happiness_bonus bonus -10 requires factions { romans_brutii, }
    happiness_bonus bonus -20 requires not factions { romans_brutii, }
    happiness_bonus bonus -20 ==> -100% happiness

Parthia is "not factions { romans_brutii, }"

That;s what im talking about.

Persian POWER........

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 12:56 AM.

Might have missed some fix or whatever that had those changes. It's been in this version for a while now though...

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 12:55 AM.

We need more persian campaigns...