Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

Default Re: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskii View Post
    does this mod also add the historical legions for the imperial era and not just the marian ones?
    Yeah, it does, although technically those legions were historically form the very late marian period or the imperial period anyway.

How sad, why only a submod?

Why doesn't anyone want to have this into the main DEI?

hm, Dresden, you sure about the legion V macedonica being recruited from dacia?

sounds pretty 'off' the mark

Well, it was technically recruited in Northern Thrace I suppose. However, we had to make compromises on exact historical locations so that we could have map coverage for gameplay purposes.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Nochyan View Post
    hm, Dresden, you sure about the legion V macedonica being recruited from dacia?

sounds pretty 'off' the mark
    Yeah alot of them are "off" (no legions were recruited from Baktria or Saudi Arabia). Wish they had more historical recruiting zones, would definitely use this mod then.

Those areas were added, as I said before, so that we would have coverage for recruitment purposes. You still have to Latinize a region to recruit the legions.

If you don't want to recruit those legions, simply don't build a main barracks there or convert the culture. No one is forcing you to recruit the legions outside the historical areas.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Nochyan View Post
    How sad, why only a submod?

Why doesn't anyone want to have this into the main DEI?
    We were more than 50% to prefer it into the main DeI. Nevermind we have an official submod ...
    The problem is for the non english versions of Rome 2 + DeI... i play in french and happily the translation is still based onto v0.82b... But for some reasons i like to play in english therefore i'm using most of the time the DeI language fix of Rafkos ... In that version (v0.82g) legio's names have already disappeared ... And soon they will disappear also of french version... for that reason i won't be able anymore to use that submod because both versions will be based upon the official mod.

Last edited by Clerc; March 23, 2014 at 01:16 AM.

please make these recruitment zones more historical.

Hi Dresden, just an idea for recruitment. There should be multiple legions recruitable in the main areas, for example maybe 5 legions from Italy, 5 from Iberia and 5 from Greece... etc The idea of recruiting one legion in each area across the map is very silly and unhistorical! Other Roman Legions mods got this right before and I am surprised to see this type of system in DEI! We should have to recruit our legions in the heartlands and march them out to the frontiers! All other regions should have to rely on auxiliaries. Please fix this!

Already posted that suggestion in the poll thread. Recruitment tab would be too cluttered and would still limit player's freedom of rp.
    Anyhow, it's great we have sub-mods for both people wanting these feature and those preferring generic legionaries. =)

Right now this mod simply edits the names and textures of the units.

Give me some time and I will work on making the recruitment zones make more sense and be more limited. However, I am not going to completely limit the recruitment to Italy and the surrounding areas because the AI will not understand this limitation. They will end up building the main barracks line and not be able to recruit units.

That is why we implemented the culture requirement. Also, and I am not sure why this has to be said a 3rd time, but you don't have to recruit outside of the historical areas if you don't want to. If you only want legionaries to come from a certain area, then don't build your main barracks in Mesopotamia or what not. Players showing some restraint on their end allows for the options to exist for others.

i love this mod กกก dresen will be great the recruitment zones more sense and limited....anyway amazing work and thanks

imperial era for Legion of Flavia Felix (Macedonia) are invisible

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Hi Dresden, just an idea for recruitment. There should be multiple legions recruitable in the main areas, for example maybe 5 legions from Italy, 5 from Iberia and 5 from Greece... etc The idea of recruiting one legion in each area across the map is very silly and unhistorical! Other Roman Legions mods got this right before and I am surprised to see this type of system in DEI! We should have to recruit our legions in the heartlands and march them out to the frontiers! All other regions should have to rely on auxiliaries. Please fix this!
    This.

So, I see no visual difference in the legions.....they all have blue shields and look the same.....is something messed up or is the change only the name?
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

They should look different, or at least did when I tested it. I used the variantmeshes from the historical legions. I will check it out and see what is wrong.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Hi Dresden,
    I have verified the integrity of the game.
    In Hercynia (region 2) i am unable to recruit legionarii veteranii or Legio I Minervia Pia Fidelis with a barrack level 3 placed in Istros... The roman's influence is 73%
    In Raetia et Noricum i cannot recruit anymore a lot of auxiliarii (cards disappeared) with an auxiliarii barrack (level 3)... i was able to recruit before those units and i can still do it in Magnia Germania.
    It happens around turn 110, just after the world's reform which change "recruitment options for auxiliarii".
    In region 21 (Dacia) with a barrack level 3 i can recruit Legio V- Macedonica and Legio V - Macedonica - Cohors Prima, unfortunatly cards are ships... The card of Legionarii Veteranii is ok.

Sorry for the bad english.

edit :
    I can recruit as much Legionarii Socii Extraordinary and Cohors Prima as i want with Legio VI Alaudae in Italy (the cap is 1 for each one)... How did i proceed ?
    Legio VI Alaudae came from Massilia with a Legio XIIII - Gemina Cohors Prima, and in Arretium i recruited a Legionarii Socii Extraordinarii and a second Cohors Prima (Legio V - Alavdae Cohors Prima)...
    The turn after, something is unblocked (i don't know what) and i am able to recruit as much Legionarii Socii Extraordinarii and Cohors Prima as i want...
    Last edited by Clerc; March 27, 2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Army Caps

i have similar problems around turn 110 with auxiliarii barrack (level 3) in hispania and cisalpina i cannot recruit a lot of auxiliarii that before was possible to recruit ..i don,t tested in other regions sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by Ant909 View Post
    So, I see no visual difference in the legions.....they all have blue shields and look the same.....is something messed up or is the change only the name?
    Same problem here. Also i got the same bug with Auxilliar racks 3, lots of units went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant909 View Post
    same bug for me ,i recruit legionariis and cohors prima for legio XXI rapax ,legio V alaudae ,legio X gemina and all have blue shields like veteranii legionarii ...only the men whit emblem and next to him have correct aspect......but legio I augusta and legio IX hispana have correct shields no have this problem ,i don,t know for others legions. Dressen can you fix this problem the mod is amazing...anyway thanks for whork