Thread: Editing unit abilites

Default Editing unit abilites

There are some abilities I would like to toggle for certain units, but every time I edit export_descr_units (I think) and start the game, the .txt file reverts back to how it was before. Can anyone tell me the reason behind this so that I can tweak my gameplay?

Default Re: Editing unit abilites

You didn't save the file or you didn't disable Virtual Store.

I definitely saved the file because I dragged my new file into the data folder and over-wrote it. However, one thing I didn't disable was the virtual store. How do you do that?

It seems like everywhere people are being told not to remove UAC. There is a methodology here of allowing medieval II write access and full access, then deleting the virtual store things. DO you think that would fix it?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems

Or should I just go for it and disable UAC?

My medieval II and Kingdoms .exe are already granted full permission as per that link and I can't find any Medieval II files in the VirtualStore
    Last edited by Suthseaxe; March 21, 2014 at 02:02 AM.

I don't know, since I wisely stuck with Windows XP.

People are being told not to disable UAC because the advice-givers assume them to be retards who can't do anything. It seems to be one of those safety features that inconveniences more than it protects. You can try disabling it while you play M2 or install something, and then enable it back.

I disabled UAC and tried again, but alas, no luck. All I'm trying to do is remove flaming and exploding cannon shot!