Thread: Delivering "The One Ring" to Imladris

Default Delivering "The One Ring" to Imladris

I acquired the ring and got it to the Imladris now what? what am i (player) supposed to do? is there any secret handshake or something cause i can't interact with the town let alone go inside or something like that.

Default Re: Delivering "The One Ring" to Imladris

you step right next to imladris with general with the ring, end turn, and there should be Elrond council appeared that would ask you if you accept the quest to destroy the ring or not
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

that was my first guess but i'm standing there for the third turn already and nothing happens + ring corruption level is rising and movement point penalties are gonna be serious problem since this is one of my best generals.

mm.. try to give the ring to another general and try with him, move away for one turn and then move back.. only thing I can think about, but seems like bug to me
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Are you sure, you still got the ring?

Yup it's still there allright, slowing me down like i'm transporting catapults mounted on catapults. they gave me the mission after 5 turns of standing there like an idiot i had to fight off three full stacks of orcs while there, half of my most experienced men are face down in the ditch in that dunghole god damn it. and it's about 14 turn journey to my nearest developed city so i can't retrain them anytime soon.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Assuming this is vanilla TATW, not a submod (?)...

The conditions are:
    1) Imladris must be owned by the High Elves
    2) A general with the ring needs to be anywhere in that region for more than 1 turn
    3) All before 25 turns since you were told to go to Imladris - you should have seen a "failed" message if you were too late

It might also be that you did get the yes/no scroll about destroying the ring but you quit or saved the game before answering it.

As i said i got the mission to destroy the ring but only after a few turns for some weird reason.