Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Decode PFM tables (11/08/17)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep46 - Moralet (19/7/14)

i'll touch on that with todays tutorial on army stances.

essentially, anything that is hardcoded cant be added or things that require hardcoded stuff to work cant be added. Things which refer to other db entries can be added.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep45 - Unit Stats - Display, Editing, Text (5/7/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Cortes View Post
    Hello again, i have some problems, i added the custom culture (egyptian culture) to ptolemaics, in his lands and cyprus lands, the appear without problem in a new campaign, but the influence drecease with turns, generals, agents, and buildings still have hellenic influence, i change the temple of Amon Zeus efect to conversion_to_state_culture, but still have the problem, in a few turns the regions have hellenic again and the custom culture disappear. Any idea?

Anyway thanks a lot!
    the problem is that you need to create new effects or edit the conversion_to_state_culture effect to include your custom culture. Once I've done tutorials for all different effect areas (tances/buildings/faction/dilema/traits etc etc) then I'll do one on how to create new effects such as the culture one you need for your Egyptian culture.

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep47 - Army Stances (21/7/14)

Hi magnar what I still dont understand when updating a mod is:

1) Mod to update on the right, rome new files left. If those files on the mod are not anymore in the new rome update, u delete them or u keep them?
    2) If one of the entries changed ex: from holite_speer to holite_melee, u delete the old one or u still keep it?
    thx
    Last edited by neoiq5719; July 24, 2014 at 06:53 AM.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

1) you need to compare the tables from the vanilla packs not your mod pack files

2) It doesnt matter whcih you choose to do. You dont have to take new values if you prefer your values.

Ok now I know what u mean.
    thx
    Last edited by neoiq5719; July 24, 2014 at 02:09 PM.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep45 - Unit Stats - Display, Editing, Text (5/7/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    the problem is that you need to create new effects or edit the conversion_to_state_culture effect to include your custom culture. Once I've done tutorials for all different effect areas (tances/buildings/faction/dilema/traits etc etc) then I'll do one on how to create new effects such as the culture one you need for your Egyptian culture.

I edited this table, and the effects, but still have a problem

Magnar, is there a way yet to create new cities on the campaign map? I mean they left out so many cities in vanilla just to add more important cities in the Hannibal DLC which is based in the same time frame as Vanilla lol
    I don't understand why vanilla doesn't have Hippo-regious, major city in Syracuse etc. If there is a way, I would gladly spend the time to make a better vanilla map.

Thanks for any help and Thank you so much for all your work with the tut videos, they have helped me a lot to mod my game.

+rep

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

not at the moment, we have to wait till they release a map editor of sorts.

ok, I wasn't show if it was possible to do in startpos, like medieval tw2 could. I hope it comes soon tho, so much potential. I really like the new style of the campaign map, however, I think it could be more detailed. I get they didn't want to crowd the map but some provinces are spread out to far and cities like Syracuse even if they didn't want it as a capital (tho they made it capital in Hannibal) it still should have walls on the map. (making them have walls for battles only isn't enough for me LOL)

Also, I understand how to make a unit upgrade or retrain to a new unit via tech BUT I am interested in making units upgrade their armor when a workshop is created. I'm not sure how to get that to happen 100% or with weapon shop, I would like to make my created archers for carthege, who start with dagger, get a sword when I build a weapons workshop.

My goal is to change the way you recruit units etc. I'm not interested in simply using a barracks. I feel the barrack should be used to upgrade the garrison, provide a buff to recruitment cost/upkeep and maybe a small morale boost in that region. I don't like that you can build a barracks and pump out bronze wearing units etc, yet your province doesn't own a armor workshop.

Thanks Magnar.
    (also if you ever need soldiers created for your mod and are pressed for time, I have created like 100 units so I can help out) I love modding more then I play the game lol)
    Last edited by Dietre; August 14, 2014 at 01:03 PM.

Hi Magnar, one question about game crashing - any idea what might be causing campaign battle loading crashes? I just got one, and cannot figure out what is causing it.. any ideas?

is it like well into a campaign and a random one just happened?
    everytime you reload the save that battle always crashes??

or we talking any battle on a new campaign... ie u modded something now it doesn't work?

the random ones are a royal pain

new campaign.. yet we already found the issue.. somehow animation_tables file got damaged when moving between packs, and whenever i tried to start a battle in campaign, game crashed.. quite strange as i was able to start the custom battle with same units on my side and it worked, yet in campaign battle was against Etruscans, which are not in custom battle... probably some unit of that army was using animation definition that was damaged and was causing the issue...

btw, great initiative these videos, i have even learned something new, and got a lot of new ideas

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Hi Magnar, one question about game crashing - any idea what might be causing campaign battle loading crashes? I just got one, and cannot figure out what is causing it.. any ideas?
    ah you already figured it out good
    yeah its usually animation related when loading battles as most other errors will crash on loading.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

ah you already figured it out good
    yeah its usually animation related when loading battles as most other errors will crash on loading.
    It would be much easier and faster to figure out if there's -show_err
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

not at the moment, we have to wait till they release a map editor of sorts.
    Is this also true for reassigning what settlements form a province?
    Currently following these promising mods - Imperia Antiquitatis by Splenyi
    Traits, Talents, and Toadies
    by Hellbent
    Real Roman Reforms
    by Aodh Mor
    Unit Icons project
    by Bullgod
    Also recommended:
    City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options
    by Dresden

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by redxavier View Post
    Is this also true for reassigning what settlements form a province?
    ive not done anything to do with campaign map graphics as not a whole lot is possible, so would have no idea about that.

Hi again Magnar, one question, there is any way to change the bodyguard units of the starting armies? I try to make it in startpos but make crash the game.

Thanks

Just wanted to ask if you know of any way to change the color of the text / font in game? Default is white text, on a black background. I know most of the UI paneling revolves around one texture file in-game (tooltip_frame.png) but the problem is if you change it to say a white marble texture (or really any light color) the text is still white and blends in to the background. I'd like to be able to use black text, on white background. Thank you.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Cortes View Post
    Hi again Magnar, one question, there is any way to change the bodyguard units of the starting armies? I try to make it in startpos but make crash the game.

Thanks
    I think the tutorial on generals deals with this. Short answer, yes it is possible.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ts8lemonade View Post
    Just wanted to ask if you know of any way to change the color of the text / font in game? Default is white text, on a black background. I know most of the UI paneling revolves around one texture file in-game (tooltip_frame.png) but the problem is if you change it to say a white marble texture (or really any light color) the text is still white and blends in to the background. I'd like to be able to use black text, on white background. Thank you.
    not had a chance to get into ui modding much yet, so not sure. sorry