Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Post suggestions here

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Post suggestions here

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    It was originally planned but may not be possible. I will research it and hope for progress in longterm.
    It should be possible, Imperial Splendor has went even so far to have multiple custom tech trees for various factions. From what I understand though it is a lot of busy work. Since you seem to be the only person working on this mod, I'd say the safest bet would be to create a generic tech tree for Western factions and one for Eastern factions.

For the Western tech tree maybe it could tackle things that were issues for the that time such as colonialism and adapting to new climates and territory, cultural reforms due to the conflicts between Protestantism and Catholicism, supply logistics for massive armies, the development and rise of large musket armed standing armies, and the standardization of arms and uniforms. For the Eastern tech it could be trying to modernize and keep up with the West, cultural and religious reforms, and importing arms from Western countries.

Edit: Also the removal of forts would do good for battles since forts are horribly bugged in ETW.

Edit 2: Since removing forts would also make battles and the campaign easier, which would be odd for a 1600's themed mod, maybe make revolt chances higher for captured territory? So that it is difficult to hold onto territory and prevent a player or AI from taking over the map too quickly.
    Last edited by Sigma; May 26, 2018 at 12:05 PM.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Geronimo, did you ever make it so armor can protect against projectiles?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Judah View Post
    Geronimo, did you ever make it so armor can protect against projectiles?
    I think Wolves in the Throne Room did some work on battle mechanics some years ago but I am not sure whether that was included. I can have a look at it but its probably somewhere in the kv tables but its not my area of expertise yet but I will have a look at figuring that out.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

It would be great to fix the latest version of fashion, partly to inspire comments and we'll all be happy ..

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Did you find it?