Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post suggestions here

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: Post suggestions here

Thanks Tovarish
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

No problem, but I have a question: I think you said that there was a cap on the amount of nations you can have, is this still the case?

Yes it seems so Tovarisch. So if we add nations we have to remove an equal number of nations.

Im currently on an accountancy course so I won't have as much time to work on this. I will update when I have time.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Ah, okay. But if you have to add nations, can't you delete some of those ridiculous emerging nations like Mamluks and Afghanistan, or delete the colonial nations? Do you actually have a shortage of available nations?

Excellent collection illustrations of Poles, Hungarians, Vlachs, Cossacks, Muscovites, Tatars, Croats and... one Circassian https://pl.pinterest.com/dizdebmitch...polandcossack/

Foederatus

I do have a suggestion for a unit recruitable only in Norway and Iceland - Axe Militia. Information can be found here.
    http://norskevaapen.no/?p=1785

Melee infantry armed with two handed axes - padded armour and kettle hats - recruited from freemen farmers

The battle axe seems to have been used by Norwegian and Icelandic militias right up until the 18th century. As you can see from the site, they were quite intimidating weapons. You could re-skin the Gorodskiye Streltsy, increasing morale slightly and melee defence considerably. You could always simply use the Targeteer skins for example, with padded armour instead of cuirasses and without the gloves.

Is it possible to add more firing drills for musketeers? Like fire and advance or firing by rank and stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener_Snitzel View Post
    Is it possible to add more firing drills for musketeers? Like fire and advance or firing by rank and stuff like that?
    something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5Y2M-VGVc

Just a thought...If your after more factions but are stuck with the 'max faction issue', why not make all American indians a single faction...they were completely insignificant for the era and the game, and although worked as allies for various factions had no real effect on anything. The game would be better with more playable central factions than the indians.

have you thought about adding moldavia as a faction?

could you add Denmark as a faction?

Greetings Geronimo2006 I am playing your new 2016 mod (finally got it to work) and the units and game play are remarkable!! Very good job thank God for modders such as your self who care enough about the 17th century. What I still noticed though is there are alot of historical portraits missing I mean all of the generals and admirals still have the vanilla portrait. The only historical portrait or persons of the 17th century are Issac Newton and the reigning Kings and queens of the time the rest are just vanilla names and portraits. My question isGeronimo2006 will you be changing this or updating it in the future....?? I think it would really help with the immersion of the time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Greetings Geronimo2006 I am playing your new 2016 mod (finally got it to work) and the units and game play are remarkable!! Very good job thank God for modders such as your self who care enough about the 17th century. What I still noticed though is there are alot of historical portraits missing I mean all of the generals and admirals still have the vanilla portrait. The only historical portrait or persons of the 17th century are Issac Newton and the reigning Kings and queens of the time the rest are just vanilla names and portraits. My question isGeronimo2006 will you be changing this or updating it in the future....?? I think it would really help with the immersion of the time period.
    The missing CA ETW portraits will be back in for generals and gentlemen and clerics later today. I am currently uploading fixes and enabling some units and importantly Im including the custom startpos. Rulers will be: James I (England)/James VI (Scotland), Felipe III (Spain)/Filipe II (Portugal), Rudolf II (Habsburg Monarchy/Austria), Joachim III (Brandenburg-Prussia), Karl IX (Sweden), Christian IV (Denmark), Boris I (Russia) etc.

I was originally going to separate Brandenburg and Prussia as the union occurred in 1618, but had a change of heart when I found that as the Duke of Prussia was insane, Prussia was de facto ruled by the Elector of Brandenburg as regent.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; October 20, 2016 at 12:12 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

That sounds brilliant! So will you have the Generals of that time period or just the agents?? BTW do you know why we can only recruit the puckle gun for canons and nothing else?? We are not able to recruit any canons is that a bug??

I dont have any bugs preventing recruitment of artillery. Make sure youre not running other mods alongside this one that might be conflicting.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

also tried the new update. In addition to Sweden and Russia can not be produced elsewhere artillery! Starting finance in Sweden, Prussia, Poland through 150tisíc?
    England's poor and practically without an army? Can anything be done?

Libertus

I've installed the new version.

But I also cannot recruit artilery, only the puckle gun. I have DarthMod installed but its running on vanilla version. I don't know if it might be conflicting in this way.

Some unit names and icons are still missing.

And the sea battles problem that I reported earlier is not happening anymore.

Well Blackeagle I did say that you should not run other mods alongside Colonialism 1600AD. If you ignore that advice you will get conflicts. The artillery works fine for me.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Libertus

I've made a clean installation and the problem continues.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEagle88 View Post
    I've made a clean installation and the problem continues.
    Make sure you've installed the user script text file properly and removed all others.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog