Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post bugs here

Default Re: Post bugs here

Can you give instructions on how to replaced musk_officer by earlycavalryofficer in units_stats_land the battle so that the battles can load correctly? Step by step would be nice THank you and Regards!

I am also going to try to uninstall and than reinstall the mod again and I hope it works because this is just very frustrating. I have never had a ETW mod crash the game just on land battles during the loading screen.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I will upload another patch in the next hour. If the problem has to do with the spontoon issue it's easy to fix. I am puzzled though as to why it works fine for me but not for some others.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Update: I have uploaded patch2colonialism1600ad.rar to the download thread. It removes the spontoons from the officers. Hopefully that will fix the problems some are having. See first post on the download thread for instructions. If you already have the core files installed, you only need to install the new patch. The patch also replaces missing building names.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Your efforts are greatly appreciate Geronimo2006 I just hope that would work, but yes as I mentioned several times my first campaign everything worked including land battles! I than just wanted to try another faction and in that campaign the land battle crash bug started. So whatever happened to cause no land battles at all to work really is strange.

I must say that it is a shame that people have trouble with the mod as it works fine for me so far. In any case i was wondering if i were the only one who sees the russian reytar model eniterly in black?

There are missing faces for the Russian ministers, there face cards are greyed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    There are missing faces for the Russian ministers, there face cards are greyed out.
    I'm aware of the issue and working on a solution.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

This version of the mod is great,especially the battles and unites, thanks! I experience battle crashes with dragons (including austrian, swedish and colonial dragons). The elite (like swiss musketeers, guardia del rey, red regiment etc.) have smaller unit numbers than the line infantary what makes them much less effective in battles than ordinary line infantary. Spanish tercios are worse than Spanish regular line infantary which is not realistic.

I don't know if you have fixed it or not but some of my units do not have names, it's just written if they're melee units or infantry line... But otherwise it's a great mod and I like it

The next update will address the missing names issue and include some new units.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    The next update will address the missing names issue and include some new units.
    Amazing!A lot of changes!

Playing in my Russian campaign (which i much enjoying) i have discovered a bug. There is a single Swedish army in my province of Muscovy, it consists (Heavy cav / Light Cav / Dragoons / Provincial cav), regardless of what or where i attack it with, my game CTD on the battle loading screen. All other encounters have been flawless to date.

Edit: After auto resolving that army, and having a few around Muscovy without issue, i now have the same problem with a Swedish army attacking my capital..instant CTD on loading screen.....the attacking stack includes DRAGOONS, this seems to be the problem, any army with dragoons (or certainly sweedish) causes CTD
    Last edited by Poacher886; July 11, 2015 at 07:55 AM.

Are you certain you are using the latest upload from 30th June?

To avoid me having to repeat the same questions I recommend posters clarify what year such bugs happen, and if possible post a screenshot of their pre-battle army so I can check the units.

Do you have the correct script installed? Are you sure you don't have other mods installed to?

Dom Pedro mentioned the Baroque UI mod. I wish to clarify he was expressing a personal opinion as I have not had time to test its compatibility with this mod.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 11, 2015 at 11:41 AM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Are you certain you are using the latest upload from 30th June?

To avoid me having to repeat the same questions I recommend posters clarify what year such bugs happen, and if possible post a screenshot of their pre-battle army so I can check the units.

Do you have the correct script installed? Are you sure you don't have other mods installed to?

Yea i do have the Baroque mod installed, but can confirm everything works fine until you have a battle with the enemy who has a Dragoon in their army then its CTD. This has pretty much ended my campaign now as im @ 1630 and the battles are getting bigger, and the enemy is almost always turning up with dragoons, Auto resolve is the quickest way to end your campaign, the issue is with Dragoons..confimed.

Dom Pedro mentioned the Baroque UI mod. I wish to clarify he was expressing a personal opinion as I have not had time to test its compatibility with this mod.

I did advise not to run other mods alongside.

I will look into the dragoon issue. I've heard of it before before I uploaded the fix but I haven't encountered it myself.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

With respect, you get a feel for a mod causing issues, This is quite specific, I can play any battle, any time, anywhere without any fault....unless they have a Dragoon in their army, Im very much doubting that is an issue with any of the mods im running (which are all graphical effects only), and as mentioned, it was noted from the off from another poster....definitely an issue here. Not sure if it effects any other nations as i have only come up against Sweden with the Dragoon in their army at present.

Have you tested it not using those other mods? If that happens again then it would be a definitive proof of a bug in this mod not related to those other ones.

If the issue is a unit, then the ctd would also happen with that unit in a custom battle. Otherwise it can't be the unit.

In any case I am already working on the next update including Bethencourt ship models and stats.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

If the issue is a unit, then the ctd would also happen with that unit in a custom battle. Otherwise it can't be the unit.

In any case I am already working on the next update including Bethencourt ship models and stats.

It does happen in custom battle, with anything v Dragoons!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast