Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post bugs here

Default Re: Post bugs here

Starting a new campaign with Scotland gives me victory conditions of 0 regions by year 0, both in short campaign and world domination. Other nations seem to have normal victory conditions. Is this supposed to happen?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by madjoints View Post
    Starting a new campaign with Scotland gives me victory conditions of 0 regions by year 0, both in short campaign and world domination. Other nations seem to have normal victory conditions. Is this supposed to happen?
    I will look into it for the next release.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Also, just to let you know, I'm also getting CTDs against regiments etrangeres when fighting France even with the newest update.

Enjoying the mod very much otherwise, though! Thanks!

I'm trying to change the unit model like someone on the last page said so I can at least fight some battles against France without auto-resolve, but I guess the names in the .pack files don't match the actual unit names. What's the filename of the unit that I need to swap out?

Make sure you are using the latest version. I had thought I fixed this problem. If not I will upload a patch before the next full release.

If you can understand DB Editor then go to units_stats_land and go to the Model cell and in there, change the name to a different model ie one used by a different unit from units_stats_land. I don't advise doing this as if you 're not experienced with modding you could crash the mod.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; December 19, 2014 at 01:49 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Make sure you are using the latest version. I had thought I fixed this problem. If not I will upload a patch before the next full release.

If you can understand DB Editor then go to units_stats_land and go to the Model cell and in there, change the name to a different model ie one used by a different unit from units_stats_land. I don't advise doing this as if you 're not experienced with modding you could crash the mod.

If the newest version is the one with file creation dates of March of this year, then yeah, it's the newest one.

I guess it's possible that it's one of the other French units - I just figured it was the regiments entrangeres because that's what others were having problems with. Here's the troop lineup that CTDs on me:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

DB Editor is confusing the hell out of me, so I'll probably just wait for the patch. Thanks for your help.

I'm aware of this bug but assumed I had uploaded a fix months ago. I will try to upload a patch in the next few days.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; December 19, 2014 at 04:45 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I have just uploaded a crashfix. See the download thread. If you already have the existing mod, you only need to follow step 2 (downloading and extracting new.rar). It fixes the problem madjoints mentioned about the regiments etrangers and replaces some 18th century models for officers.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Wow, that was quick, thanks!

Hi, first i have to say what a wonderful world the 17th century is.. And I apreciate your work at it.. Really, I have been looking for that for five years and more here, and finally!!

I´d like to point that there are many (hundreds) of conflicts showing in my mod manager (no other mod installed).. But so far, my game is working, still no crashes.
    Second, my armies looks 18th century (vanila) like.. also, many units in my army invenotry have 18th cent. appearance. Not bad, still confusing.
    Some of my heavy pikeman turns on light pikes after adding them (merging them) into other army with light pikes presented.. (f.e. army I.: 5 light pikes + army II.: 2 heavy pikes = 7 light pikes with changed everything: stats, battlefield figure, upkeap into light pikeman´s) - for austria.
    And finally, (i am aware of spamming it here), I disagree with the "marina"... More fluits, galeons and race galeons and galeys needed... I find fleets with 18th century boats mostly.. Just the traditional vanila nations (NLD, ESP, PRT and PIRATEs) has to cool old fashion ships i like, fitting to those times...
    thank you, i am looking for your post.
    Hodor!

Mod starts in 1700, not 1600 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Mod starts in 1700, not 1600 for me.
    Follow the installation instructions. To start in 1600 you have to install the startpos.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Not sure this is a bug, but after Turn 4 as France all of my generals and admirals etc. die off. I look at the turn before they die and their age, for example, is -38 or -61. I have no other mods before this one...

Bahh..I just realized, I think it kills off the original generals and admirals etc. that were in the vanilla version since they didn't live in 1600 eh? If so never mind my question
    Last edited by ♔Old Dragoon♔; May 08, 2015 at 10:57 AM.

Sorted in next release

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

OK,THX,and we will wait how long?

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Great thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Follow the installation instructions. To start in 1600 you have to install the startpos.
    Cheers. I've since reinstalled ETW and Colonialism completely. I also copied over the startpos file and it seems to have fixed the starting year. However, now that I've done that, it now crashes whenever I try to begin a campaign. I've installed the file from the new.rar file into my data folder and the problem still persists. When I run the mod manager, it tells me that "new" has 3 conflicts and they're all with the anim file. Could this be causing the crash and if so how might I go about fixing it? Sorry, but I can't post my dxdiag.txt file as the file sharing feature for twcenter won't let me upload it right now for some reason.

Edit: I did as suggested in the installation thread and verified the game cache. The mod now starts campaigns in 1700, but I'm not sure if it's working properly as it looks like it still has predominantly all the same units from Vanilla.
    Last edited by kdub22; June 04, 2015 at 08:53 AM.

It should start in 1600 if you use the mod startpos. I always recommend that after someone verifies integrity of the game cash they reinstall our modded startpos. Otherwise you end up with the CA startpos. However I am also having problems with the old startpos. Luckily I will be uploading a new one with the next release in a few days and the problems will be no more.

The default CA startpos does work with the mod though. So until then you can use that.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Not to many actual bugs, but the random modern 18th century vanilla units mixed in with the earlier period units make things a little strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Oforrsteel View Post
    Not to many actual bugs, but the random modern 18th century vanilla units mixed in with the earlier period units make things a little strange.
    As much of that as possible will be cleared out in the next release. I may even be able to remove DLC units but Im more cautious on that because I don't want to crash users that have DLC - so the latter may be in a separate submod.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast