Thread: Romani - Government Buildings - Auto Built?

Icon5 Romani - Government Buildings - Auto Built?

Hi there,

I thought i'd share this with you, hopefully someone may be able to quantify what i am experiencing or will attempt a new campaign in the same way, as i cannot find anything in the forums that highlight what i have encountered.

Campaign - H
    Battle - M

Playing EB from RomeTW not Alex.

From the off, I chose not to build government buildings in my initial settlements, where not already constructed. I destroy government buildings in captured settlements that do not conform to the Roman ways, along with troop buildings. I build regional pacification so as to put a government building in place (so far i have not built any additional roman government buildings in new settlements). Also, in the conquered settlements i construct buildings that would increase loyalty, population and trade; ports, markets, roads, sanitization, town upgrade buildings etc. Not sure what else could be relevant? Arpi/Capua and Rome have barracks where my armies are built from. Rome has the polybian barrack upgrade and capua/arpi can still build pre-polybian units.

Anyway, i continued playing like this.

Completed Polybian reform - still not built any additional roman government buildings in my settlements.

Year is now 229BC and i scanned through my settlements and noticed that Type 1 and Type 2 govt buildings are now in place, in older controlled towns such as Taras, Rhegion, Messana, Massilia, Lilibeo, Patavium, Segesta and Segestica. ( I am not complaining) Why has this happened? I manage my own settlements, there is no AI intervention set. Also, NONE of these completed govt buildings appeared in my construction updates - i check them all. So how has EB detected my delay in constructing appropriate Romani Govt buildings and takes it upon itself to build these for me at no extra cost after a period of time? - is this expected functionality?

I will continue to play the game in this manner and see what happens moving forward, but i suspect govt buildings will appear automatically in settlements over time where they have not already been built (will be interesting to see if and where the game puts type 3 and type 4 govts)

Any info or thoughts would be welcomed.

My overall campaign has not been impacted and the red army is descending on Epiros in Greece.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by asplenc; March 19, 2014 at 02:20 PM.