Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Download and Installation - Crashfix added (19/12/2014)

Default Re: Download and Installation - loading screens added (updated 17/05/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dantman40 View Post
    I see that this mod is incompatable with other mods. Would it be possible to copy a plain download of ETW, thus having 2 installs? One for each mod. Would Steam allow it?
    I have 3 different locations for 3 different versions of ETW:
    unpatched on D drive, my own mod version on G, and Imperial Destroyer also on G drive but i another folder.

What i have to do if i want to play another version is to switch scripts, and use appropriate exe file to launch the specific game
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Download and Installation - loading screens added (updated 17/05/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    I have 3 different locations for 3 different versions of ETW:
    unpatched on D drive, my own mod version on G, and Imperial Destroyer also on G drive but i another folder.

What i have to do if i want to play another version is to switch scripts, and use appropriate exe file to launch the specific game
    But for the mods which use only movie packs, I suppose you just need to put them in the data file when you need them and simply remove them when you want to play another mod ?
    Last edited by Yerevan; December 05, 2014 at 11:45 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

i dont have a any movie mod, but if i did, i would not have to do anything except use another exe launcher
    to launch another version of ETW, installed in another directory
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Default Re: Download and Installation - Crashfix added (19/12/2014)

We want to have a new release quickly,thx!Merry Christmas!

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodOld BritishChap View Post
    I hope they change the ownership of the colonies, seeing as England didn't even have any colonies back then. Perhaps they could put in the Powhatan, seeing as that is in the vanilla 'road to independence', so should be easily done.
    I have been working on the next startpos and am making progress with this. France and England will start off without any colonies next time and the 13 colonies and Louisiana factions will be removed.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; January 03, 2015 at 06:35 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I'm very interested on your mod! By the screenshots looks amazing. I'm thinking to reinstall ETW on my PC just for this mod. But unfortunately I have to delete a lot of things, just to make the necessary space for the game and the mod. Before I do it, I need to be sure of what am taking. So, I have a few questions, hope you can answer them.
    1. How many playable civilizations does the mod contain?
    2. Please list them (the playable)
    3. Does all the civilizations (the unplayable one too) have a complete new unit roster adequate to your timeframe, i.e XVII century?
    4. Can I really play the game without having to worry about multiply crashes? P.S: I will use just your mod, no others, for safety reasons.

Factions in the current release are the same except Scotland is playable but Prussia is renamed Brandenburg-Prussia the next release wil have some new ones. With ETW you can never be completely free of crashes so try it out for yourself but follow the installation instructions.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

this is just idea but if you make one faction of all cultures playable like natives american would be cool to check out and also maybe middle eastern faction not ottoman and maybe another indian faction and no maratha doesnt count because is a major faction what i try to write is that make minor faction that are not europen playable you dont have to make all them but them you think are best to try out and keep up the good work

Will there be further changes to the campaign map? It is a little weird seeing these 18th century characters walking around the campaign map.

Any news? Is it around the corner yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Oforrsteel View Post
    Will there be further changes to the campaign map? It is a little weird seeing these 18th century characters walking around the campaign map.
    There will be new models for campaign map characters. Example:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by YourStepDad View Post
    Any news? Is it around the corner yet?
    Geronimo decided to change start date of mod, so it will take awhile to do the necessary changes.

very good,but could you tell me the date when you release.We wait so long.

Alright. Patiently though eagerly waiting.

Hi will you be introducing real portraits of generals..? Also about how much closer are we to a release is it with in a month or much longer...?

Next release probably in the next month subject to testing.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; February 25, 2015 at 02:40 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

This month?We are excited!

This is actually my most anticipated mod on any of the TW games!, I say anticipated as i have played it a few times, but felt it needed a little more 'maturing' before i head back for some serious gaming with it. My main issues from memory were as follows:

1. The existence of 18th Century units including Elite units i.e The English roster had many. Would be nice to eliminate ALL 18th century units and keep it Pike / Shot.
    2. Would prefer start date of 1600 to maybe 1680 or so..i.e to finish just prior to late musket units, thus again keeping it focused on Pike / Shot era....this coupled with 4+ turns per year (so the game has some longevity).
    3. Reduced unit movement (campaign map) to give a more realistic, and allow for a better positioning war.
    4. Reduced upkeep....it was near impossible to acquire an army.
    5. Balanced AI forces (they tend to spam musket only)
    6. Improved Battle AI, i remember having to force cavalry and musket to shoot / charge the enemy, the Cav used to charge...then stop just before it connected!! The muskets would not turn to face the enemy when ordered.
    7. As mentioned in earlier post (historically correct Start positions / Factions and units).
    8. Remove ALL tracers..they look silly are not needed.
    9. Blood and smoke mod from Darth..what a difference!....also any good realistic sound mods for the Matchlock.
    10. Slightly increased Musket effective range.....they had poor accuracy, but they were no pop gun, last time i played an entire unit was lucky to down 20 men after firing for half the battle.
    11. Unit balancing, i remember light Pikemen were more expensive and of less quality than Heavy Pikemen.?

With these issues addressed i think you have a real winner and indeed with the fantastic unit models address this sourly missed era from CA.

Keep it up chaps and please do release the next version soon!

The battle ai will be improved in the next release and religion will be a more important factor. I can replace 18th century models from the original unit roster but maybe not from the CA dlc.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    The battle ai will be improved in the next release and religion will be a more important factor. I can replace 18th century models from the original unit roster but maybe not from the CA dlc.
    Is it not possible to remove them.....or give them such a high cost that the AI could never build them?

I'll look into it and see what is possible.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog