Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Download and Installation - Crashfix added (19/12/2014)

Civis

Default Re: Download and Installation - loading screens added (updated 17/05/2014)

I see that this mod is incompatable with other mods. Would it be possible to copy a plain download of ETW, thus having 2 installs? One for each mod. Would Steam allow it?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: Download and Installation - loading screens added (updated 17/05/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dantman40 View Post
    I see that this mod is incompatable with other mods. Would it be possible to copy a plain download of ETW, thus having 2 installs? One for each mod. Would Steam allow it?
    I doubt it. I never heard that suggestion before,
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dantman40 View Post
    Yes, it is possible. You install Empire Total War, copy the contents (only the content, not the entire folder ETW) game folder to the newly created folder, giving it the name 111Empire Total War, because in the steam common folder can not be two folders named Empire Total War.

To the original game folder you install one mod. Then change its name to 222Empire Total War. Then change the folder named 111Empire Total War to Empire Total War and install there the second mod.

When you want to use one of the mods, game folder in which it is installed must always be called Empire Total War.

The same thing you do by creating copies Empire folder for every mod in the hidden AppData folder:

C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire

where is user.empire_script activating mod (DME, IS, ID or for Colonialism 1600).

This is my steam common folder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bez*tytułu2.png  
    Last edited by Mattias Tannhäuser; July 31, 2014 at 04:36 PM.

Civis

Thanks! Don't want to give up Darthmod.

Civis

So every time you want to use one of the mods you delete the number,111 or 222, so it just reads "Empire Total War", and then when you are done type the number back in when the particular mod is not in use? Am I getting that right?

Yes, steam "sees" only the Empire Total War folder, ignoring the others. Using this method is recommended when you play mods having own launcher.

Domesticus

Great mod! Hope you get get the startpos-es working for me, and I guess others

*same guy from ModDB, obviously*

Can i combine or using this 1600 mod together with Imperial destroyer Project and others? plz i love this united especially 17th Century

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mhdsafwanindera View Post
    Can i combine or using this 1600 mod together with Imperial destroyer Project and others? plz i love this united especially 17th Century
    I don't test the mod with other mods to a great extent. In general I would advise against running it with other mods because there are too many new equipment themes, and possible conflicts e.g. CA models/stats replaced in our mod.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by marengo21 View Post
    Yes, it is possible. You install Empire Total War, copy the contents (only the content, not the entire folder ETW) game folder to the newly created folder, giving it the name 111Empire Total War, because in the steam common folder can not be two folders named Empire Total War.

To the original game folder you install one mod. Then change its name to 222Empire Total War. Then change the folder named 111Empire Total War to Empire Total War and install there the second mod.

When you want to use one of the mods, game folder in which it is installed must always be called Empire Total War.

The same thing you do by creating copies Empire folder for every mod in the hidden AppData folder:

C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire

where is user.empire_script activating mod (DME, IS, ID or for Colonialism 1600).

This is my steam common folder.
    I use similar way, but without "hand" work

I make folder Empire_scripts and put in it .bat files for any mod, in example empire_darth.bat, empite_1600.bat, empire_realism.bat and etc. and put code like:

rmdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War"
    rmdir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire"
    mklink /J "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire" "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire_1600"
    mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War_1600"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\Empire.exe"

for this mod in empire_1600.bat. For Darth it will be empire_darth.bat:

rmdir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire"
    mklink /J "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire" "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire_darth"
    mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War_darth"

and etc. Where USER is your username. And path to your Steam folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam. This thinks must be changed (username at leats).

This scrip will delete current Empire folder in STEAM!!! You need to copy all Empire versions, including vanila in deferent folders. And will delete your current configuration folder in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\, you need to copy them too. And then it makes LINKs, not full copy to some of Empire versions and starts game. Finaly in Steam I make links to this scripts via Add a game -> Add a NON Stam Game. And when I start Empire via some of this shortcuts, it delete old links to folders, create a new one and starts the game.

Quote Originally Posted by marengo21 View Post
    Yes, steam "sees" only the Empire Total War folder, ignoring the others. Using this method is recommended when you play mods having own launcher.
    I use more automatical way to do this. I rename folders to somthing like Empire Total War_darth, Empire Total War_1600, Empire Total War_vanila and etc. And config folder in same way Empire_darth, Empire_1600, Empire_vanila and etc. Then I make scripts (text file with .bat extension) like empire_1600.bat, empire_darth.bat and etc:

rmdir "C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire"
    mklink /J "C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire" "C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire_1600"
    mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War_1600"

This will DELETE Empire Total War and Empire configuration filders, so be sure that you alredy copy/rename them. The it creates shortcuts to Empire Total War_1600 and Empire_1600 (for other mods change names) and starts the game. Next time it only delete links and thinks happens without any delay. Finaly in Steam I use ADD A GAME -> ADD NON STEAM GAME to add scripts and I can start any mod or vanila with one click from Steam. Also you can change icon and name in Steam for better visability.
    Last edited by Darth Red; September 25, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

THX,could you please to renew this mod,but not only beta2,we like it very much!

We like this mod very much,please update it,please!THX

Sorry,but I want to know why are you disapperaed?

We're working on a new version, don't worry it's not dead.

Where is a new version?I need it,please give me and test it .THX!

We like it very much,and we hope play a new version as quickley as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    We like it very much,and we hope play a new version as quickley as possible.
    Thanks. It's coming soon, but i can't tell the day. Geronimo might have more information.

How long we can play a new version?Please ……

I hope they change the ownership of the colonies, seeing as England didn't even have any colonies back then. Perhaps they could put in the Powhatan, seeing as that is in the vanilla 'road to independence', so should be easily done.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing idea ! I just got Empire total war and just started a campaign but I already want to test this mod :-)
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "