Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Download and Installation - Crashfix added (19/12/2014)

Default Re: Download and Installation - loading screens added (updated 17/05/2014)

Awesome!

Default Re: Download and Installation - loading screens added (updated 17/05/2014)

GReat Work, fabulous idea!
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

Really great job! +rep
    Startpos works great for me. I'm using BSM, General Andy's musket sounds and Napoleon shaders, really cool combo.

I'm editing my save to increase turns per year and army limits to 40.

Default Download and Installation - loading screens added (updated 17/05/2014)

Wanted to mention, did you know pikemen upkeep for Poland is 1500 a turn? I'm editing that a bit lower for my tastes, didn't know if it was intentional.

Update: what PFM will open the New unit db pack? I can open all the others but when I go to open the new units table under db, in the 'new' pack it incurs an error

Ok I just started one as Scotland and I realize that all heavy pikemen are 1500. With the plate armor I can see the argument, maybe I'll leave them for now.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I have no problem opening PFM with Packfilemanager 1.12. However it does not open DB tables. I use DB editor to open the tables and have no problem. I'm using PFM to import the graphics.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

The software is called DB Editor and you can download it from the mod workshop section of the forum.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Tiro

Is it possible to get this from Another site since Moddb servers seems to hate me? xD
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

It's only at moddb.com at the moment. When I upload the next time I will look at uploading to more sites.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Geronimo, now that so much is in the works and planned for the next update, certainly a lot more than most of us can say we expected - can you once more give a rough estimate of when to expect it? Just curious, since the update seems humongous.

I'm really enjoying this at the moment, downloaded the Baroque UI and a period music mod. I'm play testing new units and messing around with pike unit sizes (for myself not to share until I go over it with Geronimo) and I feel like I'm getting a really good system for simulating the pike and shot warfare. I plan on posting a video soon of how set my units up and move them, it's very interesting so far. Looking forward to the next update!

How do I have to start this mod. Think I put all the files in the right place, yet when I start whatever campagin then ctd during loading. You say you have to use modmanager?
    Where can I get and how to use?

would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by the count View Post
    How do I have to start this mod. Think I put all the files in the right place, yet when I start whatever campagin then ctd during loading. You say you have to use modmanager?
    Where can I get and how to use?

would help a lot
    Modmanager is here. Select "new" in Modmanager and launch.

Also see the thread on avoiding CTDs. Above all remove other mods from the Data folder.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 01, 2014 at 12:10 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Just downloaded the modmanager, there is no box to select anything.
    Never installed any other mods, (Usually I was only swapping startpos files).

When you install this mod, there is this map called 'beta2', within this map there are a few .PACK files.
    Do these files need to stay within the beta2 map or do they have to be in the empire total war/ data without the beta2 map.
    Might have made a mistake there.

You open beta2 in a .rar application like winrar, and then use it to extract the files to the Empire Total War/data folder.

Then load Modmanager ( i recommend Modmanager be placed in a different folder) and you will see the checklist I told you about. You then select "new" and click to launch.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

After some trail and error, it works with the second newest startpos.esf
    Looking forward to updates and hopefully the newest ones will work for me also in future .

Thanks a lot.

Edit: Took a look at the campaign map.

The American theatre seems way too colonized. Are you planning on changing this.
    Like the British have way too much posessions and the French not owning anything. Im not a history expert. I just expected a somewhat less colonized American continent.

I wanted to make the Dutch colony but then I see the British allready have everything ^^.
    Last edited by the count; July 01, 2014 at 12:59 PM.

In the most recent startpos, only Spain, Portugal and the British and French protectorates have colonies. Make sure to place the custom startpos in Data/campaigns/main.

It's not a matter of waving a magic wand. Editing the startpos is required to change province ownership and sometimes that can cause crashing so I'm only doing what won't cause CTDs.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

yeah I placed the file in the right map, it works. What I meant was, that there are so many colonies allready in 1600. More than I expected for the time period. I did see some native faction owning islands so that is cool