Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Historia Cinematics (and other random stuff)

Default Re: Hyrule Historia Cinematics

Tweaked Sulkaris based on Neph's comment and Apani's color suggestion:

Forgot to mention for those who can't tell from that distance, She has eyelashes:

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Sir at first you had my interest, now you have my attention.

Had that narration been used for a game like The Fallen Sage (an RPG where Sulkaris is the main villain)
    well actually saria is the main villain in that game. neph had some weird but cool ideas when he was making that. overmind you need to play fallen sage, neph's first try and the game this lore and game spawn from. you can get it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmkv5t

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    well actually saria is the main villain in that game. neph had some weird but cool ideas when he was making that. overmind you need to play fallen sage, neph's first try and the game this lore and game spawn from. you can get it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmkv5t
    I'd rather forget about that terrible RPG I made.

Regarding the gohma, what should their shells resemble? Lobster? Zerg? Other?

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind5000 View Post
    Regarding the gohma, what should their shells resemble? Lobster? Zerg? Other?
    Gohma seem to be based off of jumping and swimming spiders. Also you could take there in game model and go off of there, make a it look more detailed.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

the second one you made was pretty awesome and I like it, I think that should be hold up shown on how to make a fan. I'm using it's base as a way of making my game. and gohma were kinda of a lobster spider.
    Last edited by starwars90001; March 22, 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind5000 View Post
    Duely noted. Needed to know before I go into the rigging phase. Oh and one more thing:

http://s437.photobucket.com/user/Ove...44626.jpg.html

Still need to know if Solahrasin needs a face before I continue on his model.
    It may be a little late to ask this Overmind, but how is that central plate attached to the rest of the helmet? Or indeed, is it intended to be free-floating and I've missed the reason?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

I would imagine that the central plate floats.

Apani's Avatar Senator

I'd rather forget about that terrible RPG I made.
    Those who forget about their story are doomed to repeat it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Now you're the one talking with images. Anyways, is your motivation to keep him out of cutscenes aimed at making people more unfamiliar with him when they play the Big Bang campaign or what? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    Now you're the one talking with images. Anyways, is your motivation to keep him out of cutscenes aimed at making people more unfamiliar with him when they play the Big Bang campaign or what? I don't get it.
    Maybe there's a Big Reveal planned for the Creation Submod? Or perhaps there's a specific (and logical) reason we don't yet know. In the end what goes into the mod is up to the mod creator.

@Old RPG
    Seeing as Starwars swears by it, and I didn't hear any complaints from Matt when he played through, I might look into the Fallen Sage / Time's Menagerie sometime.
    Last edited by VictorAYorke; March 23, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

you need rpgmaker xp first to , hey overmind did you finish the videos and try to post them.

I liked her general proportions and shape but her face is still really odd. It feels out of place compared to the rest of HTW which is quite heavily stylized. This, on the other hand, feels more like a bad attempt at realism that falls quite sharply into the uncanny range. Perhaps it'll be alleviated once she begins moving and have a more natural expression but I'm doubtful. Any chance we could see her with some expressions or would we have to wait for the model to be finalized?

I'm just going to come out and say it, but I feel her chest might be a wee bit too big and her head seems a little small.
    I don't know why but that statement bothers me quite a bit. No one should be afraid to "come out and say" anything. Brutal honesty is often necessary for any degree of quality. Mindless yes men are perhaps the most dangerous thing for any idea or project; people who think one thing but are afraid to say it for fear of hurting feelings. Not only that but it's your own damn mod; you have every right to criticize the work of others when it comes to things that may affect the final quality of your work.

That all said I liked her breasts but not for the right reasons. That is, assuming you did mean her breasts otherwise I'm going to look right silly. The head though was a good call. I didn't even notice that but it looks better now.

Now you're the one talking with images.
    As I recall Neph has carefully avoided saying anything about that particular image and everyone else has been making assumptions about it themselves. Neph is probably trying to say nothing more than he already has for the sake of secrecy. You on the other hand did not post you're LE FUNNY MAY MAY picture to be intentionally vague or keep anyone in the dark. Rather you posted it as some sort of bizarre attempt at humor that only succeeded in being disruptive and annoying. In other words the issue isn't communication with images but rather the intent and message conveyed. Just trust that Neph knows what his own plans are.
    Last edited by Cameron Shutters; March 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Shutters View Post
    I don't know why but that statement bothers me quite a bit. No one should be afraid to "come out and say" anything. Brutal honesty is often necessary for any degree of quality. Mindless yes men are perhaps the most dangerous thing for any idea or project; people who think one thing but are afraid to say it for fear of hurting feelings. Not only that but it's your own damn mod; you have every right to criticize the work of others when it comes to things that may affect the final quality of your work.
    I have no problem stating my opinion, I just had a juvenile moment having to say her boobs were too big.

I liked her general proportions and shape but her face is still really odd. It feels out of place compared to the rest of HTW which is quite heavily stylized. This, on the other hand, feels more like a bad attempt at realism that falls quite sharply into the uncanny range.
    First off, thank you for your honesty. Secondly, I totally see what you mean by out-of-place. Thirdly, I could make an attempt to make the face more "Zeldaccurate" if I may. Fourthly, Is solahrasin a no-go?

I have no problem stating my opinion, I just had a juvenile moment having to say her boobs were too big.
    Well now I look silly.

I liked her general proportions and shape but her face is still really odd.
    I think it's mostly just the shape of jaw and chin.

Wouldn't juvenile be the opposite of that? (Saying they're not sufficiently big).

Apani's Avatar Senator

Brutal honesty is often necessary for any degree of quality. Mindless yes men are perhaps the most dangerous thing for any idea or project;
    Do you realize there's a huge gap between those two things, right?

people who think one thing but are afraid to say it for fear of hurting feelings.
    Brutal honesty is about expressing an hurtful thought, not about expressing a thought in an hurtful way. This is especially true for sujective statements.
    One thing is overcoming the fear of hurting someone's feeling, another is making your opinion purposefully aggressive and blunt to the point that who disagrees with you ends up feeling weak and worthless, using brutality as a tool of power and honesty as a shield. Even if that's not your intent, that's all being rude will achieve; you can't say it helps confront of thought either, because the tougher you come off as, the more suited you are for attracting a bandwagon of "yes men" yourself and suppressing other ideas in favour of yours. Maybe you think people will react by reconsidering themselves and making wiser decisions, but I for one am often put off by the exceedingly self-imposing attitude you adopt at times.

As I recall Neph has carefully avoided saying anything about that particular image and everyone else has been making assumptions about it themselves. Neph is probably trying to say nothing more than he already has for the sake of secrecy. You on the other hand did not post you're LE FUNNY MAY MAY picture to be intentionally vague or keep anyone in the dark. Rather you posted it as some sort of bizarre attempt at humor that only succeeded in being disruptive and annoying. In other words the issue isn't communication with images but rather the intent and message conveyed. Just trust that Neph knows what his own plans are.
    Neph discouraged Overmind5000 from including any of the original sages in his custcenes. Upon being asked for the reason of that choice, Neph posted that image. I guess you interpreted it right, but I see little reason not to foreshadow a future character.
    Neph asked me how could making additional cutscenes give more depth to the reasons of Ikana's Civil War. I replied by posting that silly meme; I already said I'm sucker for bad funny memes (minus the funny part), but it was not so much meant at being funny (that's why I had put it in a spoiler) but rather to show how easily the reasons of the civil war seen could have been summarized, and I also simply said that he could have added more than that. Since unsupported criticism is a bad thing, Neph asked for real thoughts and I suggested something concrete to add.
    Anyways, I remember you said you the Ancient Era campaign's levels were kind of "meh", do you have anything to say on how to improve them?
    Last edited by Apani; March 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

Do you realize there's a huge gap between those two things, right?
    Let's see... mindless: acting without concern for the consequence; blind, brainless, empty headed.

Yes men: people who agree with everything an individual says; in other words acting blindly, brainlessly, without concern for the consequences... Yeah you're right, those two words are completely different.
    Brutal honesty is about expressing an hurtful thought, not about expressing a thought in an hurtful way.
    When did I ever imply that this statement was untrue? When did I ever claim that brutal honesty was needlessly attacking the other?
    Maybe you think people will react by reconsidering themselves and making wiser decisions, but I for one am often put off by the exceedingly self-imposing attitude you adopt at times.
    I am "put off" by your own belief that you are somehow superior to everyone else. I am "put off" by your putting words in my mouth. I am "put off" by your attempt to take offense to anything I post but I digress.

If you at all paid attention to the way I conduct myself around here you will have noticed I almost always agree or support the decisions being made but when I disagree I have no qualms with saying as much. I am disgusted by your attempt to read into my statement as an attack upon yourself or anyone else here. Never once did I target anyone here rather I spoke of man in general. In fact I have said, multiple times actually, that I am impressed by how this forum lacks the yes men mentality.

Yet here we are again. Once again you felt a need to read too deeply into a minor musing I had and felt a need to fill another topic with off topic arguing over semantics. Not that I'm entirely without fault here as I am no doubt fueling the argument by responding and I could even be convinced that my off topic thought was disruptive.
    Since unsupported criticism is a bad thing, Neph asked for real thoughts and I suggested something concrete to add.
    You did so not because of that image but despite it. It was thoroughly off topic and useless. I don't care what you're a sucker for there is no reason to post something like that when you can more easily and more clearly communicate with words.
    Anyways, I remember you said you the Ancient Era campaign's levels were kind of "meh", do you have anything to say on how to improve them?
    Did I say that? I don't remember saying that but I don't disagree. Exposition is awfully light in the Ancient Era and it feels dissociated with the rest of Hyrule's History. I would have liked to have seen more about the internal politics of Ikana in general but this brief overview isn't terrible.
    Last edited by Cameron Shutters; March 24, 2014 at 01:29 PM.