Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

there will be both for them. A Unit limit and a long rate of replenishment.
    problem is that the game give this units as a reward. i got 2 times, 4 units of fire thrower as a reward.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Well I guess your neighbors should be worried then. What other mission rewards do other nations get? If you know at this point.

at the moment, the normal vanilla stuff. there hasn´t been any kind of updating (it´s not that important a.t.m.), but there are typical missions, like conqeuer region X from the rebels or neutral factions, blockade port Y and recruit a priest a.s.o.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Alright, cool. Honestly even the most basic version of this mod would be wonderful! Thank you for your continued work :-)

Most wonderful units and flags. I can't wait to bash some skull with the Romans. Great job.

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

I can't wait to use those Numeroi and Excubitores to crush my enemies! Great work TGC team!!!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

AnthoniusII, one historical question about the tagmatic units.
    Which of them do we know for certain that they were discontinued in the 12th century, which of them, besides the obvious varangians and siphonatores we know for certain they continue to exist after the 12th century and for which are we not certain?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

If I remember correctly Varangians and Vestiaritai were regular foot guards, Hetaireia and Vardariots (I´m not sure if Vardariots were guard units) were regular horse guards during the 12th century.

Also the relatives of emperors with their retainers and emperor´s retainers were mustered as guards in campaigns, but they were not the regular/permanent guard regiment.

Edit: Also the famous Archontopouloi were the elite cavalry regiment during Alexios I Komnenos reign.
    Last edited by tomySVK; September 27, 2014 at 06:23 AM.

For French speakers, here is the almost fully translated Preview of Tagmatic Units: https://www.mundusbellicus.fr/538435...es-tagmatiques.

I have to thanks all TGC team for all the things I have learn while reading and translating that preview. This care of details and historical respect deserve admiration above all.

Thanks folk.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    For French speakers, here is the almost fully translated Preview of Tagmatic Units: https://www.mundusbellicus.fr/538435...es-tagmatiques.

I have to thanks all TGC team for all the things I have learn while reading and translating that preview. This care of details and historical respect deserve admiration above all.

Thanks folk.
    On behalf og TGC Fellowship . Thank you.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

AnthoniusII, in the credits part of the first post you say:
    Koultouras (model parts, 3d banners, textures, 3d heads, varangian animation modification).
    May I ask what changes have been made to the 2H axe animation?
    -In case this has been explained before, do excuse my lack of patience to go through every post in this thread.-

i think it´s the combination of 2handed axe + small axe/sword +shield in the same unit. this way two animation appear at the same time in the unit, making them look fight in different style for the same time.

That much I could remember, I was asking if there were changes in the animation files themselves.
    I take it the answer is no?

No animation changes. Everything is in the model's weapon comments and in the animation entries in bmdb.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    very nice
    Thank you , I hope you didn't miss Part I "The Thematic Armies"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456