Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Default Re: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post
    All these are fictional terms and do not correspond to the historicity of the term "Basileia Ton Romaion" "Imperium Romanum" or "Politeia Ton Romaion" "Romania" which were all historically attested terms.

Our mod focus on historical accuracy and realism
    And my personal favourite, which for some strange reason is almost fully unused today - "Romaiki Avtokratoria" (i.e. the literal translation of "Roman Empire", whereas "Vasileia ton Romaion" is "Empire of the Romans").

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    After 801AD Pope (according to Romans) ilegaly named a "barbarian" Roman Emperor (Charlemagne).
    Don't forget, though, that a decade later they recognized Charlemagne's imperial title.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    And my personal favourite, which for some strange reason is almost fully unused today - "Romaiki Avtokratoria" (i.e. the literal translation of "Roman Empire", whereas "Vasileia ton Romaion" is "Empire of the Romans").

Don't forget, though, that a decade later they recognized Charlemagne's imperial title.
    That recognition was not as "Roman" emperor but as Emperor of Germans. But Romans (byzantines) knew what was going on and from that point they added to the title of Emperor or Imperator the phrase "ton Romaeon" (of the Romans) just to point out the Charlemagne was Imperator of the Germans..
    Political intriques some wil say...True..That is why TGC mod realy exists anyway...To confuse players and force them to search historical events that wil make their game more pleasant and finally they will learn something. In what they will learn there will be no wrong or right...Just the begining of knowlege!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

The point is that the age portraied by the Mod is one of the most complex periods of History: The Birth of the Carolingian Empire that united in a unic political body: Germany, France and Italy, its dissolution after the death of Charlemagne, the birth of the cultural identities and territorial aggregations on which the nations will be founded, the birth of the Feudalism, the relative crisis of the Byzantine Empire, the expansion of the Muslims, the Invasions of Vikings and Hungarians (the Last Invasions of European History), the definitive separation of the two Catholic confessions one lead by Byzantium the other by the pope in Rome, the forced Christianization of the German lands in the Eastern part of Germany, the birth of the Slav states and ethnic identities, the Bulgars and the Turks developing as one of the great players of the European theater ... in the end, a very complex period of our history (even trying to write down what happens in Italy in 50 years at the beginning of the IX century it's not easy! It's a damn maze made of towns, conflicting cultural identities, castles and villages, rich and powerful old Roman towns, Convents as Bobbio and Monte Cassino (Anto, the Convents ... we need the Convents!) and new towns and centers of power, North, South, East and West all different and all parts of different political and historical situations, a true maze! a damn political maze!) ... all this to say two things:

- Compliments for the courageous choice of one of the most intriguing, mysterious and complex ages of our common past.

- It was really needed!
    From the day in which I installed for the first time Med2, I'm dreaming about the Early Medieval Age! Nobody dared to face this task as you are doing, so honour to Antonius (Latinized!) and Team, compliments, fight on this is the right battle!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Diocle is right, this team created a new interest in a wonderful time period. Thank you so very much for the effort put into this mod and how exciting it is to see this preview.

Hey, AntoniusII can you post another screen of the Vasilikoi Anthropoi from the right, I want to see the armor it has but the shield is blocking it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Hey, AntoniusII can you post another screen of the Vasilikoi Anthropoi from the right, I want to see the armor it has but the shield is blocking it, thanks
    Older pictures (before final fixes of horses and model) of Vasilikoi Anthropoi
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Armors in close up:

All textures are Leif's!!!
    As you can see almost everything on the models are 3d not textures (like belts or greaves for example).
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; March 19, 2014 at 05:03 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Such beautiful units . This mod and EB are the most eagerly awaited mods to play .
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Splendid job on the preview, congrats all round!

Anto for President! Astonishing units!!!!!! No words!

I cannot even think to kill those men!

Now I'm starting feeling Byz .... and this is a great tragedy for a Langobard!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

This units and pics are breathtaking, congratulations team. Since i started following the TGC, i have purchased the Strategikon of Maurice, and an Osprey book dedicated to the Tagmata with wonderful plates. You truly have ignited my interest for the Romans of the Early Medieval period. Thanks
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Even better from that angle! I'm excited to see these guys in action.

Bravo! Bravo!

I am wondering if the team is also creating the Tagamatic units that is based outside of Constantinople. I thought Tagmatic units were based in many other parts of the Roman Empire during this period?

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by ray243 View Post
    I am wondering if the team is also creating the Tagamatic units that is based outside of Constantinople. I thought Tagmatic units were based in many other parts of the Roman Empire during this period?
    It is true that during the 11 th cent the tagmatic units were taking over the place of the thematic ones in many cases.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

We already previewed the "provincial" cataphracts under the name of Aristocrats...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    We already previewed the "provincial" cataphracts under the name of Aristocrats...
    But isn't most of the provincial Tagmatic units infantry rather than cavalry?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Brilliant work team, as usual

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I have no more words to say than: beautiful!

We would need also new sounds, I mean music, for this outstanding Mod something like .... Vangelis, or the troubadours' Romance songs, early medieval music, Heroic musical themes, we need to dream in this wonderful XI century Universe ... watching men like those posted here, riding in the field ...

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Great preview !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast