Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Effects Enhancements (RoR battle Effects for regular Beta)

Default Battle Effects Enhancements (RoR battle Effects for regular Beta)

This is an enhancement of the effects that is seen in the Rise of Republic.
    Better smoke and firing effects and no tracers.

Unzip and place the files in the same location as your other IS files. When ask if you want to overwrite, click yes.
    Launch the game

Any problems let me know

Files
    Battle Effects
    Blood and Smoke
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 22, 2015 at 02:55 AM.

harrylee95's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Battle Effects Enhancements (RoR battle Effects for regular Beta)

请问对于不安装rise of republic 的Is 2.21b 有用吗

Harrylee95
    This forum is Emglish only. You should edit your post and write in English the best you can?

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Harrylee95
    This forum is Emglish only. You should edit your post and write in English the best you can?
    He's asking if this mod works for a version of IS 2.21B that does not have Rise of the republic installed

Hi, I'm new to this mod, and i wanted to get rid of tracers. I've put both of these files into the IS folder in the data folder of empire, the smoke is different, and i must say rather pretty, but there are still tracers. have i done something daft, or is there something else i need to do? I can changes the values in data tables if i could get a point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gunydii View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this mod, and i wanted to get rid of tracers. I've put both of these files into the IS folder in the data folder of empire, the smoke is different, and i must say rather pretty, but there are still tracers. have i done something daft, or is there something else i need to do? I can changes the values in data tables if i could get a point me in the right direction.

Thanks

No, nothing daft. They have been reduced, but not eliminated. If you want to change it
    Code:
    Imperial_Splendour 2_2_DB.pack
    db
    +projectile_trails_tables
    --art_projectile_trails
    Alpha_bullet covers muskets

Let me know if this helps!

BTW, if you get the desired effect, please share, there are others who do not like the tracers and they would appreciate the submod. I can include it in the OP and give you credit

Thanks pikestance,

I've made a fairly crude, but effective, change (replaced the alpha and the alpha bullet values with a nice long row of 0s). I've tested in a custom battle, and i think its what i was after. Ill set off on a new campaign later this weekend and I'll let you know if anything else crops up. apologies with the really stupid question, but is there a more elegant way of giving other users access to the changes then uploading the whole db pack? If i uploaded a much smaller pack file that conflicted with the IS db pack which would win out? I know its a fairly simple issue when using a mod manager, but what happens when using the IS launcher? I'm not sure if or how it would manage the files if they conflicted.

To be honest, I do not use the IS launcher or mod manager. I make a lot of little mods for self and I also test third party stuff andi like to do things manually. I also prefer to use script than a mod manager. With the launcher, I know it launches pack files in the order it was set up to load them. Which ever loads first takes precedent.
    When I did use the launcher, I put my pike files in the regular data folder and put my stuff first int he script and it worked fine. I see no reason why... no_tracer.pack file would not be the same way.

right well I'll have a play over the next couple of days and if nothing odd happens ill upload. big thanks for the help.

Ok, already done!
    I try to make into a media file, but it didn't work. I didn't want another script mod, so I added it to the regular db file.
    Go here: No Projectile Trails Submod

Quote Originally Posted by harrylee95 View Post
    请问对于不安装rise of republic 的Is 2.21b 有用吗
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozn856 View Post
    He's asking if this mod works for a version of IS 2.21B that does not have Rise of the republic installed
    Sorry I missed this....
    The mod is specific for users of IS v2.2.1b
    It gives you the updated battle effects in Rise of the Republic.

By the Way, I have a good friend that lives in Chengdu!

Sorry Pikestance

I spotted that there was a no tracers submod on the other thread and forgot to report back here. The change i made (i presume the new submod is pretty similar) seemed to work fine with no issues. tested it in a bunch of different campaigns, and it had the desired effect. I wouldn't put money on this but it 'felt' like i had a performance increase too, although seeing as I have a 7970 i dont think that says fantastic things about amd's drivers.

All in all, big thanks

Is this mod compatible with map submod for IS?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunydii View Post
    Sorry Pikestance

I spotted that there was a no tracers submod on the other thread and forgot to report back here. The change i made (i presume the new submod is pretty similar) seemed to work fine with no issues. tested it in a bunch of different campaigns, and it had the desired effect. I wouldn't put money on this but it 'felt' like i had a performance increase too, although seeing as I have a 7970 i dont think that says fantastic things about amd's drivers.

All in all, big thanks
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Prozn856 View Post
    Is this mod compatible with map submod for IS?
    I can't imagine why it would not be. If it isn't let me know.

Do i need to add this line "ISBeffecto.pack"; at the end of the user.empire_script ? I did it and have no problem so not sure if it was neccesary or not.

It's a movie file, therefore it does not need to be "launch" via user_script or mod manager.
    Last edited by PikeStance; December 10, 2014 at 08:06 PM.

All right, thanks bro

BUG: THe ISBeffecto.pack make the menu and the icons loose the "red" and "wood" style. Or maybe thats the way you want it now i dont know

why is ISBeffecto have a password? what is the password so i can unrar this?

I don't know, but I changed the download link to MEGA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast