Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Particularly horrible ways to die?

Default Re: Particularly horrible ways to die?

I think burning alive is the most painful death or like slow roasting and dying from burn wounds in several hours. Drowning not so much in comparison because the person gasping for a breath of air faints and his body gets a cardiac arrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon boneaparte View Post
    I suppose being adrift at sea without supplies would be horrible. Starving and dying of thirst would be more specific, especially when you're surrounded by undrinkable water.
    We would end up drinking sea water and that's when the actual madness starts.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I was watching Band of Brothers and saw a German get reversed over by a tank
    Yes I remember this scene too. It puts it's all in perspective that everything about your body would be flattened, no matter how strong you think you are.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Being stabbed to death in a room filled with people you thought you could trust.

Caesar reference?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Life.
    ^^^ that

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
    Being stabbed to death in a room filled with people you thought you could trust.
    I don't think he trusted all the people from the senate, we are talking about politicians here so i doubt he was sloppy like that. I think just he never anticipated that senators would be able to pull something like that by conspiring against him. Brutus was the only one that broke his trust afaik.

Why do you think about that bro? Life is beautiful, enjoy it!

Only when you got monies in yo' pocket and to spend on.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
    Happy Ides of March!
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Only when you got monies in yo' pocket and to spend on.
    Life should be better than that.

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Ask Vlad Dracul
    He sure knows the answer

Being inside an airplane with all your family when it falls into water and you all remain alive, but can't save yourself in any way, the plane just descends into the ocean.

More horrible and you die.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

To see your loved ones slowly being executed by a dull blade as they cry for their life, only to understand you will be dealt the same fate by the hand of the same psychopaths.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    To see your loved ones slowly being executed by a dull blade as they cry for their life, only to understand you will be dealt the same fate by the hand of the same psychopaths.

How is this worse than to endure the torture of life everyday until the final and unavoidable death?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I have an irrational fear of sharks.

So sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    If I die before wiping my hard drive....
    That's like that Russell Howard's gag - "soon the most popular last words amongst western males will be 'factory... settings...'"

Burning sure is a pretty rough way to go. So is this:

"You know how they take kidneys out? You’ll walk into your room and there will be plastic sheets all over the floor. Before you can react, a man in a ski mask will tie you to a chair with an Indian braided belt he got on vacation in Santa Fe. He’ll turn on some Huey Lewis. And then cut the damn thing out with a rusty keyhole saw. No antiseptic, no Novocain, no nothing! Just the song “Hip to be Square” drowning out your boyish screams."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

@ AqD
    What is the torture of life? Can you elaborate?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    @ AqD
    What is the torture of life? Can you elaborate?

~Wille
    Isn't it obvious? Life = endless torture.

Drowning in diarrhea

/thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast