View Poll Results: Do you want DLCs that reintroduce old features from Rome I

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 66.04%
  • No

36 33.96%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea: Old features from Rome I in DLCs (e.g. Family Tree)

Default Idea: Old features from Rome I in DLCs (e.g. Family Tree)

Since CA has already mentioned that it is impossible to mod in features like Family Tree in Rome II, the only alternative people have is to have these features being included in the new DLCs.

I think while having a more focused campaign is nice, there is really a need for DLCs that adds a new level of immersion for the players. I think there is a fairly significant portion of the fan base that will welcome DLCs that adds more role-playing features as well as features that makes the game more challenging.

I think one of the major selling point for the previous Total War games is that you are able to role-play a dynasty and control the actions of "characters" rather than the nation state as a whole. As much as people care about the long History of Legio X in their campaign, they also cared about who is in command of the legion, and whether the Imperial dynasty will collapse because of their last heir was a lunatic.

DLCs really should reintroduce old features from Rome I, as a way to attract fans who are simply more interested in playing a game with the old features. This way, this could actually extend the shelf-life of Rome II because fans will want to play a Roman era game with the features they enjoy.

baptistus's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Idea: Old features from Rome I in DLCs (e.g. Family Tree)

The road map of the dlc's was ready month before the release. And even if the main game is still broken, they will continue to follow the roadmap.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ugh.. not this again...

If you introduce a family tree it will up with so much other stuff. Let alone programming the AI to deal with lets just say... if you can have a daughter and you can marry here to someone else. So much programming. it. Theres no family tree get over it.

I know it sucks. It makes no ing sense to take out the family tree, put the priority on armies, then advertise characters where the family tree would of work. I've never had a civil war. It's a pointless feature so that puts a big emphasis on missing the family tree that did something But ya it sucks, get over it. But keep bringing it up. Do so. But dont make new threads about it. Just post in the damn dlc thread about it.

You cant just reintroduce an old feature.

But could they do it for mods... IDK maybe. But again they wouldnt. It would mess with so much stuff they would have to release a huge DLC slated around just a family tree.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

If priced correctly I would gladly remove my policy of no DLC.

Roads i want to build my roads
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    Roads i want to build my roads
    I would be down for more features like this. Features that change the campaign map because right now a lot of the map in traversable, or just wide open, not much going on.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

No feature will ever come in a DLC. Ever.
    The Armenian Issue

When this comes people will be furious because they are paying for stuff that should be in the game allready and making you pay for it is robbing your customers...

I think iWarsaw is right, it costs to much work to do it for free or a small price and nobody is going to pay the same ammount as for CiG for some features that people feel like they should have been in the game allready. And people that don't feel like it should be in the game allready aren't going to buy it, so I don't think CA will make a profit from it, so no, they aren't going to do this :p

Some features I miss from Rome 1 such as building roads and fortifying settlements but features like family tree I could do without. I never looked at it or cared. I hired some random general to lead my armies and I do the same in Rome 2.

So no having the old features in new DLC's would not encourage me to buy it.

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

I also miss the way regions used to be decentralised in Empire and Napoleon. It made it very easy to damage your opponents economically without specifically targeting their cities. It also felt a lot more realistic to not have all of the functions of a province in one city.

I suppose you could look at the current province/region setup as a evolution of that system, but still, I miss the way it was.

Edit: I also realise that this isn't really something you could put in a DLC
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    No feature will ever come in a DLC. Ever.
    So seasons are no features NO? hmm i believe it is, So yes features are added in DLC,s.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

I don't even know why people post things like this anymore, CA is so interested in breaking the game into little pieces and fleecing their fan base it comical. Their are not changing anything based on feedback, only meaningless things that don't effect their bottom line; they are just like EA now but worse.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

So seasons are no features NO? hmm i believe it is, So yes features are added in DLC,s.
    It is and there won't be a Seasons DLC. Having seasons in a mini expansion game is not the same thing. The main game will never have DLCs that add features. DLCs are for content which is what CiG was.
    The Armenian Issue

baptistus's Avatar Senator

seasons are not in the main game (officialy) so DLC didn't add any features to the main game.
    In this topic ,we are talking about the main game of course, they will not create a dlc for a dlc ...

edit: oups; I didn't see your answer Setekh. I agree with you ^^

Biarchus

Yes and no..
    Yes because they where awesome and immersive
    No because they should have been there, and i don't want to pay for something that should have been there and has been in previous games yet with a 40% bigger budget they cut it out :/

It seems unlikely it'll even be DLC at this point. I think during the Summit it was mentioned the coding for the trees is still in the game, but it's been mostly ripped out and non-functional. Even if you could, theoretically, turn it back on it wouldn't work since nothing in the game is set up to handle it.

I would not rule it out as being entirely impossible for it to feature in some type of expansion/DLC (something akin to FOTS-level?), but I wouldn't go holding your breath. It's a fairly minor, cosmetic detail and even if it was added in for a mini-campaign or expansion, it is unlikely it would work well anywhere but that specific DLC.

The poll speaks for itself.

I can't even tell you who any I of my Generals are in RTW2, literally I care little about them, I have no idea where they even come from. Elders and "Other Chiefs" - yeah ok, that's nice. They even have teleportation technology, they must be time travelers.

RTWI is dead for good.
    Also nothing can RTW give that is already better in RTW2.
    Family tree? I don't feel it's missing.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Which of the features from the list do you want back? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Rome-2-doesn-t
    My big one is city view.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There needs to be a full DLC of the main campaign map with these features.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast