Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack SS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    I like the campaign map, but 19 provinces seems a bit too few. I would have preferred some factions in the west, Macedonia was allied with Carthage and set off the first Macedonian war. Also there was the Illyrian wars going on at the same time not to mention all the pirate activity, Rome even sent ambassadors to the pirate lair at Scodra.
    What? 19 provinces is way too many! Something like 10 would be appropriate. I want a campaign that you have time to finish in an afternoon. And when I say 10 provinces I mean 10 settlements/regions.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

I want something I can finish before drinking my entire 15 dollar latte dammit!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I would imagine you probably could finish the campaign in a day or two, you normally don't have to conquer the entire map.

Main Game - Syracuse has no walls
    HaG - Syracuse has walls

Don't you think its confusing?

They should give them walls on main game as well...

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

40 provinces to say the least.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

To be honest I wouldn't mind if CA was to switch out the capital for Magna Graecia, with Syracuse being made a playable faction this would be the opportune time to make the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't mind if CA was to switch out the capital for Magna Graecia, with Syracuse being made a playable faction this would be the opportune time to make the change.
    Agree! Please CA... Give walls to Syracuse in main game as well...

If only the game was half as good as the trailers... Real shame I'll miss out on the expansion pack I've wanted for so long. Great job on the trailer CA.

Comes Limitis

I might get this DLC. When playing Carthage in grand campaign I only cared about that spot of the map anyway. Now its allot more fleshed out and immersive this way. Might even play Syracuse.

Looks good CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

nice era for mini campaign but i dont buy it.

Will can you tell use if there are changes in the way sieges work??
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

In the trailer the water graphics on the campaign map seem to have been overhauled, with a clear distinction between shallow and deeper water. Are we really going to see a graphics update in this DLC?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

I will be buying this. The scope is satisfactory.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Will we see some new custom settlements in the game? im mostly thinking Syracuse since it looks pretty different from any walled city we have at the moment, and will you make syracuse the new province capital in the grand campaign for magna graecia?

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

The only thing that annoys me is that I have to wait 2 weeks.

Nice to finally see the warlike Celtiberians in an official TW game. A well deserved place by History.

Now this seems pretty interesting. I will consider buying it.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    Nice to finally see the warlike Celtiberians in an official TW game. A well deserved place by History.
    Yeah!!!!

Maleventum's Avatar Decanus

maybe Numidia will be the next FreeLC faction, it's strange this absence in the DLC............

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

As long as a DLC is giving me a part of the world that is smaller than the original game I will never buy it o.O If it would just expand the orginal game with more detail (with units, features or more provinces) or extra campaign when playing as carthage it would be different but I see no point in restricting myself in expanding. The campaign I create myself anyway similar to a sandbox game. Same goes for mods so its not really about the price, I just wouldnt want to play it.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    There are always choices for new units. The thing that Carthage used Mercs is made up by Polybios who to be honest used the term because he wanted to show that they had a different army composition than the Romans or Greeks with their citizen soldiers. However Mercs is not very precisely if you look in to the detail, especially under Hannibal. His sister married a Numidian King who accompanied Hannibal and brought him Numidian Warriors. Hannibal himself married a Iberian Princess and gained in the same way Iberian Warriors and support. Of course the soldiers were payed, but the Romans didn't fought without payment as well If looking deeper in it, than the Numdian and Iberian Warriors under Hannibal are pretty similar to the "Friends and Allies" of the Romans or Auxiliaries. I don't see why they have to be Mercs in game. That should be the case for some very exotic Units like Garamantine or Greek Hoplites.
    What I would like to see is a building chain which offers different cultural units (like celtic, numidian and iberian, etc) as auxiliary units to Carthage, and they would be AoR, with the name "Mercenary ..." to add some flavor to the faction. For example, you construct a building in this merc chain in Iberia and you can only recruit Iberian units. The higher the tier, the more and better units you get access to. In Carthage itself you would have access to a lot more variety of units, from Celtic to Numidian to Iberian and so on. You can make them as expensive as "normal" merc units as to make the -40% cost bonus worthwhile.

This would greatly enrich the Carthaginian roster considerably. Apart from this, are there any other indigenous units for Carthage to consider?