Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack SS!

A more in-dept information,

basically;
    - 12 turns per year
    - 5 playable factions
    - 12 new units
    -19 provinces

About the Game

Total War™: ROME II – Hannibal at the Gates

Dropping you into the Western Mediterranean at the outbreak of the 2nd Punic War, Hannibal at the Gates features a new campaign map focused on the period that brought the ancient-world superpowers of Rome and Carthage to all-out war.

One of the most famous in history, the conflict demonstrated the tactical genius of great rival generals Scipio and Hannibal. Can you recreate their remarkable strategies, or can you do better? How will you change history?

You enter the war as Carthage or Rome, command the noble Hellenic city-state of Syracuse, or, for the first time in ROME II, play an Iberian faction as the Arevaci or the Lusitani.

Hannibal at the Gates also features:

New Campaign Map:

A more detailed representation of the western Mediterranean than the ROME II map, with players able to expand across 19 provinces dotted with resources and settlements. The major powers of the time, Rome and Carthage, begin at loggerheads but with a number of key regions and client states under their control. Syracuse, the Arevaci and the Lusitani all start with a single region, offering a significantly different and more formidable challenge than playing as one of the two great empires.

Diplomacy-focused Technology:

Rome and Carthage both feature new civil tech-tree branches focused on diplomacy. Both sides begin with multiple allies and client states, and can undermine their opponents’ support by diplomatic means.

12 Turns per-year:

With a time period covering events between 218 - 202BC, each turn in Hannibal at the Gates represents a month, and the campaign transitions through all four seasons of the year, complete with seasonal gameplay effects.

Compact, focused Multiplayer Campaign:
    For those generals seeking a more rapid Multiplayer Campaign game, Hannibal at the Gates’ tighter geographic scope makes co-op or competitive 2-player campaigns more focused and faster than a full Grand Campaign.

New Historical Battles:

Hannibal at the Gates adds two new Historical Battles: the Battle of Cannae (216BC) and the Battle of Zama (202BC). Both battles marked key points in the 2nd Punic War, with Cannae representing the high point of Hannibal's invasion of Italy, and Zama marking the completion of Rome's victory and dominance over Carthage.

New Playable Factions for Total War™: ROME II

In addition to mighty Carthage and Rome, players can fight the 2nd Punic War as three new factions: the Arevaci, the Lusitani and Syracuse, each one featuring its own faction traits, characteristics, unique units and campaign start-position. If Hannibal at the Gates is owned, these factions are also playable in the ROME II Grand Campaign.

The Arevaci

Imperialist expansion has brought both Carthage and Rome to the Arevaci's door, although it is Hannibal that currently shares a border with the warlike Celtiberian tribe. As the campaign begins, the Arevaci are neutral but have a clear choice before them: unite with Hannibal and risk genocidal retaliation from the Romans, or remain on good terms with Rome and face the certainty of Carthaginian wrath. Despite their knowledge of the terrain and superb fighting prowess, the Arevaci cannot take on both superpowers at once. For now, they maintain their neutrality, but it cannot last. Someone must control the Iberian peninsula, could it be the Arevaci?

The Lusitani

The Lusitani lived in Iberia long before Carthage or Rome disturbed the region. They are, like their distant cousins the Suebi, not a single clan but a confederation of smaller tribes, working together for defensive and mutual gain Fierce and agile warriors, the Lusitani are well suited to guerrilla warfare. As Hannibal’s Carthaginian army marches through lands previously controlled by Rome, there is opportunity for the Lusitani to expand beyond their bounds and claim back Iberia from its invaders. However, though there may be prudence in caution, even fraternisation with the enemy at first, eventually they must be expelled from the land!

Syracuse

The city-state of Syracuse is renowned throughout the ancient world as a centre for culture and science. It is also rich; Syracuse benefits greatly from its prime position in the central Mediterranean. A string of tyrants dominate its history, defending the city's autonomy against fellow Greeks, Carthaginians and threats from within. In 218BC, both Rome and Carthage would like to see Syracuse under their control once and for all. As the two superpowers go to war again, it stands on a precipice - will Syracuse forge its own destiny or fall into obscurity as just another colonial possession?

New Units

Alongside their regular unit rosters, the playable factions in Hannibal at the Gates get the following new units. If you own Hannibal at the Gates, these units will also be available in the ROME II Grand Campaign:

Arevaci
    • Painted Warriors (melee infantry)
    Painted bodies and unpleasant stenches instil fear in unlucky opponents, which is half the battle.

• Celtiberian Cavalry (melee cavalry)
    A versatile cavalry strike force when commanded by a skilled general.

Lusitani
    • Lusitani Guerrillas (stealth spear infantry)
    Moving unseen to ambush their opponents, these stealthy guerrilla fighters are masters of their craft.

• Lusitani Spearmen (spear infantry)
    Skilled tribal spearmen whose reputation on the battlefield is fully deserved.

Syracuse
    • Picked Hoplites (elite hoplites, also available to Athens)
    The cream of citizen hoplites to proudly defend their city from invasion.

New Roman Auxiliary units:
    • Auxiliary Scutarii (Iberian melee infantry)
    These Iberians are more than able to serve Rome at the front of a battle line.

• Auxiliary Scutarii Cavalry (Iberian melee cavalry)
    These heavy cavalrymen add a touch of Iberian fire to otherwise conservative Roman ranks.

New Iberian Mercenary units:
    • Mercenary Scutarii (Iberian melee infantry)
    Large, well-paid men with falcatas can settle a surprisingly large number of arguments.

• Mercenary Scutarii Cavalry (Iberian melee cavalry)
    These mounted mercenaries are a fine force for close-quarters combat.

New Italian Mercenary units:
    • Mercenary Etruscan Hoplites (Italian hoplites)
    Equipped and trained in the Greek fashion, Rome's former masters remain a force to be reckoned with.

• Mercenary Samnite Warriors (Italian heavy infantry)
    Conquered peoples can still produce the finest warriors.

• Mercenary Campanian Cavalry (Italian heavy cavalry)
    Noble horsemen from some of the finest pastures of the peninsula.

Tiro

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

Thanks Will and CA. It is always good news to wake up to here in california when you offer something new. Are the new playable factions and units just for the hannibal campaign or are they also available in the grand campaign? Sounds like no luck for a numidian faction though

Hannibal Campaign DLC Screenshots (Click to expand)
    Last edited by Ishan; March 13, 2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added content box

Total War™: ROME II – Hannibal at the Gates

Dropping you into the Western Mediterranean at the outbreak of the 2nd Punic War, Hannibal at the Gates features a new campaign map focused on the period that brought the ancient-world superpowers of Rome and Carthage to all-out war.

One of the most famous in history, the conflict demonstrated the tactical genius of great rival generals Scipio and Hannibal. Can you recreate their remarkable strategies, or can you do better? How will you change history?

You enter the war as Carthage or Rome, command the noble Hellenic city-state of Syracuse, or, for the first time in ROME II, play an Iberian faction as the Arevaci or the Lusitani.

Hannibal at the Gates also features:

New Campaign Map:

A more detailed representation of the western Mediterranean than the ROME II map, with players able to expand across 19 provinces dotted with resources and settlements. The major powers of the time, Rome and Carthage, begin at loggerheads but with a number of key regions and client states under their control. Syracuse, the Arevaci and the Lusitani all start with a single region, offering a significantly different and more formidable challenge than playing as one of the two great empires.

Diplomacy-focused Technology:

Rome and Carthage both feature new civil tech-tree branches focused on diplomacy. Both sides begin with multiple allies and client states, and can undermine their opponents’ support by diplomatic means.

12 Turns per-year:

With a time period covering events between 218 - 202BC, each turn in Hannibal at the Gates represents a month, and the campaign transitions through all four seasons of the year, complete with seasonal gameplay effects.

Compact, focused Multiplayer Campaign:
    For those generals seeking a more rapid Multiplayer Campaign game, Hannibal at the Gates’ tighter geographic scope makes co-op or competitive 2-player campaigns more focused and faster than a full Grand Campaign.

New Historical Battles:

Hannibal at the Gates adds two new Historical Battles: the Battle of Cannae (216BC) and the Battle of Zama (202BC). Both battles marked key points in the 2nd Punic War, with Cannae representing the high point of Hannibal's invasion of Italy, and Zama marking the completion of Rome's victory and dominance over Carthage.

New Playable Factions for Total War™: ROME II

In addition to mighty Carthage and Rome, players can fight the 2nd Punic War as three new factions: the Arevaci, the Lusitani and Syracuse, each one featuring its own faction traits, characteristics, unique units and campaign start-position. If Hannibal at the Gates is owned, these factions are also playable in the ROME II Grand Campaign.

The Arevaci

Imperialist expansion has brought both Carthage and Rome to the Arevaci's door, although it is Hannibal that currently shares a border with the warlike Celtiberian tribe. As the campaign begins, the Arevaci are neutral but have a clear choice before them: unite with Hannibal and risk genocidal retaliation from the Romans, or remain on good terms with Rome and face the certainty of Carthaginian wrath. Despite their knowledge of the terrain and superb fighting prowess, the Arevaci cannot take on both superpowers at once. For now, they maintain their neutrality, but it cannot last. Someone must control the Iberian peninsula, could it be the Arevaci?

The Lusitani

The Lusitani lived in Iberia long before Carthage or Rome disturbed the region. They are, like their distant cousins the Suebi, not a single clan but a confederation of smaller tribes, working together for defensive and mutual gain Fierce and agile warriors, the Lusitani are well suited to guerrilla warfare. As Hannibal’s Carthaginian army marches through lands previously controlled by Rome, there is opportunity for the Lusitani to expand beyond their bounds and claim back Iberia from its invaders. However, though there may be prudence in caution, even fraternisation with the enemy at first, eventually they must be expelled from the land!

Syracuse

The city-state of Syracuse is renowned throughout the ancient world as a centre for culture and science. It is also rich; Syracuse benefits greatly from its prime position in the central Mediterranean. A string of tyrants dominate its history, defending the city's autonomy against fellow Greeks, Carthaginians and threats from within. In 218BC, both Rome and Carthage would like to see Syracuse under their control once and for all. As the two superpowers go to war again, it stands on a precipice - will Syracuse forge its own destiny or fall into obscurity as just another colonial possession?

New Units

Alongside their regular unit rosters, the playable factions in Hannibal at the Gates get the following new units. If you own Hannibal at the Gates, these units will also be available in the ROME II Grand Campaign:

Arevaci
    • Painted Warriors (melee infantry)
    Painted bodies and unpleasant stenches instil fear in unlucky opponents, which is half the battle.

• Celtiberian Cavalry (melee cavalry)
    A versatile cavalry strike force when commanded by a skilled general.

Lusitani
    • Lusitani Guerrillas (stealth spear infantry)
    Moving unseen to ambush their opponents, these stealthy guerrilla fighters are masters of their craft.

• Lusitani Spearmen (spear infantry)
    Skilled tribal spearmen whose reputation on the battlefield is fully deserved.

Syracuse
    • Picked Hoplites (elite hoplites, also available to Athens)
    The cream of citizen hoplites to proudly defend their city from invasion.

New Roman Auxiliary units:
    • Auxiliary Scutarii (Iberian melee infantry)
    These Iberians are more than able to serve Rome at the front of a battle line.

• Auxiliary Scutarii Cavalry (Iberian melee cavalry)
    These heavy cavalrymen add a touch of Iberian fire to otherwise conservative Roman ranks.

New Iberian Mercenary units:
    • Mercenary Scutarii (Iberian melee infantry)
    Large, well-paid men with falcatas can settle a surprisingly large number of arguments.

• Mercenary Scutarii Cavalry (Iberian melee cavalry)
    These mounted mercenaries are a fine force for close-quarters combat.

New Italian Mercenary units:
    • Mercenary Etruscan Hoplites (Italian hoplites)
    Equipped and trained in the Greek fashion, Rome's former masters remain a force to be reckoned with.

• Mercenary Samnite Warriors (Italian heavy infantry)
    Conquered peoples can still produce the finest warriors.

• Mercenary Campanian Cavalry (Italian heavy cavalry)
    Noble horsemen from some of the finest pastures of the peninsula.

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

So I ******* wish I could work for CA's trailer Staff lol I cannot dispute the awesomeness of this trailer. Even though I was underwhelmed by Caesar in Gaul and BOS DLC's. I will get this one in honor of Hannibal!!! I really want to see Rome burn! Damn you CA, you take my money once again...but this time I'm semi- excited. Just give us a Hellenic Campaign next and we can call it even.
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Looks nice that info... I don't see any new units for Carthage, but those are allready promised as free lc in one interview, so guess that's why they aren't in the DLC A new elite unit for Syracuse, but also for Athens is nice, Athens roster is a bit boring atm...

baptistus's Avatar Senator

If you own Hannibal at the Gates, these units will also be available in the ROME II Grand Campaign:
    so no new units and no new factions if you don't buy the dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamidude View Post
    Looks nice that info... I don't see any new units for Carthage, but those are allready promised as free lc in one interview, ..
    I remember trish or joey said on the official forum they never saif it will be free or not.
    But may be I am wrong, I will try to find the linkl
    Last edited by baptistus; March 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Will, no idea if this is on topic or not, but one of my best Rome 1 moments ever was when playing Carthage and besieging a settlement I was able to attack them on turn 1 without any proper siege equipment.

Ofc, it was a walled settlement, I was WTF? Did I miss anything, do I have any ballistas uncounted for?

The answer is pretty obvious for Rome 1 players, I really wish it made a return in Rome 2

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

+rep just saw the steam page which answers a lot of the questions I had.

Diplomacy-focused Technology
    When I see this I can't help but think great, BUT what about Diplomacy-focused features? for example;

-being able to ask a faction to end a war against... (opposite of join war against ...).
    -being able to gift regions in diplomacy (with all the Ai programmer CA has surely this can be worked out).
    -fix factions being at war with your vassals and allies after you make them a client state.

I could care less about tech trees give me the features where it counts the Diplomacy menu! ... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    -being able to ask a faction to end a war against... (opposite of join war against ...).
    -being able to gift regions in diplomacy (with all the Ai programmer CA has surely this can be worked out).
    -fix factions being at war with your vassals and allies after you make them a client state.
    It puzzles me that these diplomatic options were left out of the game.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

You do know that that aren't the units that are ingame right? It's made by an artist that makes it look pretty, or did you ever have battlefields and units look like al those screenshots from CA? Allthough the same mistake can easily be in the DLC to, we do know for sure that it isn't going to look like these pics

I'll remind you when its out

Awww hell yeah, bringing back the Samnite Warriors. I'm a total lover of Hannibal, so I'll totally be picking this one up.

for the love of Athena! Will CA!

are we getting new politics or diplomacy options?

baptistus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    +rep just saw the steam page which answers a lot of the questions I had.

When I see this I can't help but think great, BUT what about Diplomacy-focused features? for example;

I could care less about tech trees give me the features where it counts the Diplomacy menu! ... maybe?
    only tech tree IMHO, but I really hope there will be new options, so modders should be able to add it to the main game. I hope they could add the tech trees too.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Looks nice that info... I don't see any new units for Carthage, but those are allready promised as free lc in one interview, so guess that's why they aren't in the DLC A new elite unit for Syracuse, but also for Athens is nice, Athens roster is a bit boring atm...
    What if the merc units are the new units for Carthage?

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

And how much will this dlc cost?
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    The reply is coming. Just not in text format.
    It comes through the medium of interpretive dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    What if the merc units are the new units for Carthage?
    Highly improbable

Quote Originally Posted by Wittman View Post
    And how much will this dlc cost?
    13,49 E on Steam 10% off
    Last edited by Ishan; March 13, 2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Double Post

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Nochyan View Post
    Highly improbable
    Seeing how people want more units for Carthage and at the same time historical authenticity, I'm not sure what else they could get since a great part of their army was made up of mercs. What kind of units could they get?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    *Will flails wildly, his dance moves erratic and random*
    best answer evar!!!1!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on