Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

Yesss!!! finally Iberian tribes playable!!!! Arevaci and Lusitani!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    You probably arent allowed to nswer this Will, but I'll ask anyway. Does the free content consists of some additional units for carthage? Cause there was that interview at which they said they wanted to give carthage some more units
    *Will flails wildly, his dance moves erratic and random*
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    That's a yes, right?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Hannibal at the Gates.....

Does this mean CA have fixed the woeful siege AI, or I take it he's carrying a torch to burn it down?

The inadequacy of this new DLC title... quite simply... guffaw.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Will Let us hope the Barbarian Invasions returns in the future sometime as we have seen Rome's rise so it would be good to end Rome II before the next project with Rome's fall.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

They've put the main emphasis on the armies this time around and are now pushing forward the emphasis on the generals but the game doesn't support generals with the same emphasis like older TW games using the family tree so it just makes no sense with all this advertising about Ceaser and Hannibal. If you were going to put such emphasis on them they really should of had better features to do so.

Plus the DLC isn't doing anything the main game shouldn't be able to do, nor is it outdoing the mods that are out.

You want seasons, get a mod. You want more units, get a mod.

Though I'm much more prone to buy this DLC then I was CiG. I'll have to wait to see what it is but my doubts are very high. (and I hate it)
    Last edited by Ishan; March 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM. Reason: quote removed
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Like Fall of the Samurai?
    Hi Will, yes, would be great something like this masterpiece called Fall of the Samurai.

And of course with the nightmare of AI solved, since to be honest patch 10 sadly does not fix it and this is sad cause it ruins all the good it's arrived and will arrive here.

My best wishes

Any changes regarding transport ships?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Add faction intros! Bring back the days of the old rome total war intro!

Dilemmas! Add more of them into the game as they SERIOUSLY improve the GAMEPLAY. Its FUN! I LOVE THOSE events.

And please make sure that each faction intro is specific to its culture.

If you're bringing five new factions or so, please add specific intros with great music.#

Please.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; March 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Add faction intros! Bring back the days of the old rome total war intro!
    Yeesss!! I couldn't agree ing more! It adds so much. but then we have triumph videos that come out of no where. Why would you put those in but not the opening trailer. You have to properly build up to a cutscene with suspense. You have to worry about so much when adding a video that pops up after a fight. Why not have the videos introduce your faction instead? WHY!?!? It would of made so much more sense! Isn't this common sense for designing a entertainment piece?
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Furlong View Post
    That's a yes, right?
    Or he is having a stroke :p

Nah i understand he cant answer it. Im not gonna ask him to risk his job. We'll see. Thanks for the reply anyway Will

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Hey all,

We’re delighted to announce the next major Campaign Pack DLC for Total War: ROME II will be centred around one of Rome’s most fearsome adversaries: Hannibal.

-Will CA
    FINALLY ! ! ! !

THANKS A LOT ! ! ! I'm very excited about this!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Or he is having a stroke :p

Nah i understand he cant answer it. Im not gonna ask him to risk his job. We'll see. Thanks for the reply anyway Will
    The reply is coming. Just not in text format.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

zackstefy's Avatar Libertus

They should make Hannibal playable on the battle map ( mount&blade style, like a warrior) or start working on a new total warrior game

http://steamdb.info/app/214950/#section_dlc

Of the three dlc unknown, one will be that of Hannibal.

The following dlc perhaps will be the Medical Wars and Trajan in Dacia?

But will continue to use torches to open the doors? .... It is a mystery that will resolve after purchase

Default Re: Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack SS!

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    way to go CA... Cavalry shields given to infantry, Infantry shields to cavalry... nice (im talking about those Iberian units..)
    You do know that that aren't the units that are ingame right? It's made by an artist that makes it look pretty, or did you ever have battlefields and units look like al those screenshots from CA? Allthough the same mistake can easily be in the DLC to, we do know for sure that it isn't going to look like these pics

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by RexImperator View Post
    Will Syracuse and others be playable in the main game like CiG did with Nervii and Boii?
    That's the main thing I'm hoping for, I'll play HatG a couple of times but in the end I always go back to the grand campaign so anything that adds to that is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    Yesss!!! finally Iberian tribes playable!!!! Arevaci and Lusitani!!!
    I just hope the Lusitani get a faction color adjustment, the lime green secondary color is a bit much.

Sounds like something Will does normally

Alright so i deleted 22 posts here. This informational thread will be strictly on-topic where members will discuss this new DLC campaign pack or talk about possible things they would like to see in this amongst themselves in a friendly manner and direct any relevant questions regarding this DLC towards Will CA.

Any complaints on "broken" core aspects of Rome 2, pre-ordering, DLC & CA business practices etc are not be discussed here, please take that to the relevant threads shown below:
    -Official TW: Rome II Complaint Thread
    -CA Business Practice Complaint and Discussion Thread

Any core aspect of Rome 2 like its Siege AI etc is to be expected the same in this DLC as well, until stated by CA otherwise. You're free to ask CA whether these core aspects are the same or not but not start arguments or posts orientated around this.

If someone has a problem following these simple instructions then he can post his thoughts in the moderation commentary thread.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by IVIX1 View Post
    Like this-

Medieval II: Total War™ Kingdoms
    Which is just a package of 4 campaigns. Like CIG and HatG but two more aswell. . They make a bit more money selling them seperately, but im all for that type of dlc regardless. I didnt want all of the kingdoms campaigns, just two, and it is good to save some money buying two instead of 4

Medieval ii main costs now on steam : 13:99 Kingdoms: 7:99 that means about 60%
    Rome II costs 54:99 and A new campaign costs: 14:99 which is 28% this means they make more money if i want 3 campaigns, which is a reasonable bargain IMO. Many people wont buy them all, and will not do so, IMO it is a good thing.
    Last edited by Makrell; March 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

I remember when Total War trailers used to give me chills. Now it's like, "hmmm...um...ok whatever."

Edit to make sure this is relevant: This particular trailer for this particular expansion doesn't really excite me. It's uninspired to say the least,and this is an era I'm really interested in. Yawn.
    Last edited by M2TWRocks; March 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM.