Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Re: Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack SS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Creative Assembly
    Dropping players into the Western Mediterranean at the outbreak of the 2nd Punic War, Hannibal at the Gates features a new campaign map focused on the tinderbox geopolitical situation that brought two ancient world superpowers to all-out war; with sworn rivals Scipio and Hannibal at the very heart of the conflict.

Five playable factions will feature a wealth of new units. Main protagonists Rome and Carthage will benefit from a new civil tech tree based around diplomacy, while the challenge in the shadow of these mighty empires for newcomers Syacuse, the Arevaci and the Lusitani will be formidable.

In addition to this, another significant free content update for ROME II will also drop soon, benefitting all players regardless of whether they own any DLC. Details will be revealed in the next episode of community TV show Rally Point, coming soon.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    Well, no.

It's a new campaign with challenges, so I don't see how this could have been cut out of anything?

Is it going to be the challenging siege AI? Challenging optimization? Or will Carthage have lion cataphracts for $3.99?

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

I like this choiche, is a good idea for a mini campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Interesting news on the content update, Will. I can imagine there's no point discussing this before the next RP, but I certainly look forward to learning more.
    No spoilers today, but I'll post RP19 here as soon as its ready.

-Will
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Looks like the campaign is focused on the western side of the map... also new regions - note Syracuse has walls, so its a major settlement now.

Hi Will.

The siege has been fixed?

Hannibal will have to use torches to open the doors?

Citizen

Ease up guys, Reserve judgement until it's out. I think it's fine, I thought Caesar in Gaul was a good DLC. I would appreciate a bigger meatier DLC such as barbarian invasion or something however, but these campaigns are alright by me.

Price and details would be appreciated though. Looking forward to the Rally Point.

zackstefy's Avatar Libertus

5 factions, all units will be the same, just the colors will be different ..do we have playable whales?
    You know..it's really funny that when they announce a new DLC,the CA guys are answering the questions but when we ask questions about some fixes and modding tools, they don't answer.
    Work on Warhammer, Rome 2 is dead.
    Last edited by zackstefy; March 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

baptistus's Avatar Senator

can anyone else can ask this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    A possible addition of new diplomatic options ? or is it only a new civil tech tree about diplomacy.
    cause maybe I am on a hubber ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    can anyone else can ask this ?

cause maybe I am on a hubber ignore list.
    The wording sounds like it's just a tech tree, like the "Politics" tech tree in CiG. It doesn't seem to sound like new diplomatic options, just instead of "researching" civil techs, you're doing special diplomatic actions in the tech tree that give some sort of benefit.

Oh hell yes!

I enjoed Caesar alot but in the end it got boring since it ends fighting hordes of barbarians and spawing enemies.
    I am sure this will be far more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Fall of the Samurai was the best expansion you guys did in a LONG TIME. Whatever you did for the development of that, please do again for ALL FUTURE RELEASES.
    Agree to that. But what i have the feeling of is that the team beyond Nappy and FotS was partly a different one than the major games, at least regarding the campaign map and the models. Of course an Expansion is always further in the development but comparing the unit models for example than i have to say that models in the major games are always huge and great bad performance, while the ones in the expansions are a lot smaller, but have great performance.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Syracuse with walls? Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by cowbell kid View Post
    Is it going to be the challenging siege AI? Challenging optimization? Or will Carthage have lion cataphracts for $3.99?
    Lion Cataphracts have no been confirmed for Hannibal at the Gates, but perhaps it would make a good mod?
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Quote Originally Posted by zackstefy View Post
    5 factions, all units will be the same, just the colors will be different ..do we have playable whales?
    You know..it's really funny that when they announce a new DLC,the CA guys are answering the questions but when we ask questions about some fixes and modding tools, they don't answer.
    Work on Warhammer, Rome 2 is dead.
    Take a look at the thread put up today with screenshots from it and I see new Roman helmets and look for some cohorts as well as a lot of new settlements. But have a look at that when you can.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Total War Facebook
    We’re going to be announcing a significant free content update for ROME II in the next episode of our community show Rally Point!

Looking forward to this the most now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    Like Fall of the Samurai?
    Yes! Exactly like FotS! Barbarian Invasion 2 please.

What I like most is the map. Personally I think they had to make the original campaign map at the same scale as this one.
    I love the many italic cities ready to be conquered and finally more naval combats that were absent in CiG.

Will, is there a release date for this campaign? Or better put: how soon can I pre-order?