Thread: So much money

Default So much money

First off I'd like to say what a great mod this is. I have started a campaign as Teutonic Knights and it's going really well but I am making sooo much money I am wandering is this normal? I am on turn 15 and already have conquered a lot of Scandinavia and it seems so far quite easy although every other thread seems to state how difficult the mod is. I say easy because of the amounts of money I have. (I am playing difficulty level very hard and battle hard). In turn 15 I am making 25,000 per turn, I have 300,000 in the bank and have a large army that took out the Danes. I can't see how I could be troubled to make any economic decisions which is very much what this game is about. Or maybe this is a glitch or I have to wait longer into the game for other factions to gain in strength and give me more of a challenge? Are all factions like this, do they start out with massive incomes? This is not a complaint as I think this mod is awesome, I just want to better understand how the economy works. Thanks so much

Default Re: So much money

Also most units costs normal prices but some units cost crazy money like 21,000! Help!

I'm using latest version 3.3 with the hot fixes

I think I understand now after looking at the game more in depth. So teutonics get 20,000 per turn kings purse. I'm assuming this compensates for their only having 1 starting territory and grows them into a military power. Other factions have this and the amount varies on balancing. The really expensive units are the low quality units, making the ai build with high quality stacks. Makes sense. Ok, I think I get it now and am ready to try again with Denmark who have much less of an income for a greater challenge. Looking forward to it. Shame couldn't get Greek flaming canon as merc unit, I still haven't seen it in action!